I just need to talk....

2»

Comments

• Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    Keeping my fingers crossed, good luck!
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    imalive said:

I know you're a good person and it's easy to see you're no dummy, just by the way you write. Seriously, i can tell!

yep. it takes one, to know one. :)
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863

imalive said:

I know you're a good person and it's easy to see you're no dummy, just by the way you write. Seriously, i can tell!

yep. it takes one, to know one. :)
    You guys are so sweet! And I do my best to be a good person, and I feel like I'm a smart cookie most of the time...lol I did spend 3.5 years in college too, so I'm pretty well educated...and I'd like to someday finish my degree.

I think I will send that email, that's a great Idea, I didn't think about it but I do have his email...

Thanks! :-)
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    OMG guys, AMAZING NEWS!!!! One of my temp agencies is sending me to a temp to hire job Monday.
    The company is Food Services of America and I'll be doing Admin/Customer service stuff, and they're expecting me at 8am Monday Morning!!!!! I just have to go take my drug test today....

This could not have come at a better time....so as long as this works out(and no reason to believe it shouldn't, as I'm a good worker and will do my job to the best of my ability!) We won't have to move or do anything...everything should be ok!

Thank you all for your well wishes, and prayers and support!!!! I'll report back and let you all know how it went on Monday! :-)
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    Awesome news! Good luck at the new job! B-)
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243

OMG guys, AMAZING NEWS!!!! One of my temp agencies is sending me to a temp to hire job Monday.
    The company is Food Services of America and I'll be doing Admin/Customer service stuff, and they're expecting me at 8am Monday Morning!!!!! I just have to go take my drug test today....

This could not have come at a better time....so as long as this works out(and no reason to believe it shouldn't, as I'm a good worker and will do my job to the best of my ability!) We won't have to move or do anything...everything should be ok!

Thank you all for your well wishes, and prayers and support!!!! I'll report back and let you all know how it went on Monday! :-)

WooHoo!! This is great news! Congratulations! :-bd
    ELITIST FUK
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I can imagine the relief you must feel. Congratulations!
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    Great news! Congrats!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423

that's awesome to hear. good luck with it.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,421
    Congrats on the new job!
    Just think, in 30 or so years, you can think of retirement.
    Haha
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Posts: 1,020
    I hope you get the job but if not, keep plugging away at it. I've been in your position before and the depression can be very polarizing.
    Do not give up. Something will come through if you keep trying I promise. I used to try and say to myself "This too shall pass" to help keep myself from getting down.
    Above all laugh every single day and of course, listen to Pearl Jam!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    right on, girl!! I'm sure you're gonna shine and they'll want to put you on full time. I'm happy for ya!!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i wish u all the best..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    Awesome, congratulations its a start in a positive direction. See we all sent those
    positive vibrations and there was no choice but give you that position. Keep your head up, make eye contact, stay strong and stand firm and it will all work for you. I smile now for you.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Yes, all the positive thoughts and vibes, prayers, wishes, advice, it all helped...I asked my family and close friends for extra prayers and positive thoughts as well, and with everything from all of you, something great happened! :x :x :x

And trust me, I am playing PJ ALL the time! lol They have really been helping me get through this rough time!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,633
    Awesome, WhisperinHands! That's such good news! :-bd
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Good job getting the job!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    Hooray! Congrats to you!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,491
    atta girl
    www.myspace.com
    Have a great first day at work! :-bd
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
    So my first day at the new job started out a little rough....the girl training me was a little bitchy at first, like she was pissed they brought a new temp in, but she came around and it turned out that it wasn't me, or the fact that they brought another temp in, it was the guy I replaced, he was apparently very young and immature and didn't do his job at all, so she ended up coming around and telling me she was glad I was there because she could tell how organized and professional I was by the stuff I was doing.
    I was helping separate and order fuel/mileage sheets and file logs book sheets at first and that was where the organization came in, then she trained me a bit on calling the drivers, and I got to call I think like 10, and reached about 7 of them or left VM for them, and the way I spoke with them and/or left the voicemail was where my professionalism came in and she was thrilled over that.
    So tomorrow I think is going to be a heavier training day because on Wednesday I will be kinda by myself because the girl training me has weds off and works Saturday, so I will be doing a lot of the calling and tracking and stuff myself, but there will be other people there to help me also.
    I work monday - friday, so that's a plus for me. I think I will enjoy this job, and am looking forward to learning it and getting to know everyone at work and everything.

SOOOOOO, OVERALL, it was a GREAT 1st day.
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    Congrats on a good first day :)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    Organization and professionalism are pretty underrated (and not often encountered) these days. An honest work ethic, you know?

So good on ya! Here's to the coming days feeling as nice.
    Thanks! Today went great, I learned more and got to do some tracking on my own this afternoon, and tomorrow I will be doing tracking all by myself. Sink or Swim....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Congratulations..
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    Congratulations on your new job :)
    You seem to have a great attitude, (and also take knowledge from your colleagues, it can be a bit tough the first month or so I would guess then it probably gets easier) :) you made it !
    edited July 2014
    After a day on my own and being told by two supervisors I was doing a good job, I came in to find this note on my desk from the girl training me....

I'm feeling appreciated!!! :-)
    Tattooed Dissident!
    That is really cool, especially since she was so frosty in the beginning. :-) It's great that your hard work is appreciated - and what a difference a week can make. Have a great weekend, you've earned it!
    Bravo to your good work and to the person who acknowledged it!

Agree with Sonja - treat yourself well this weekend. Bask in it, even :D
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Woo Hoo!!! So glad to see someone appreciate how awesome you are!
    ELITIST FUK