On Eddie Vedder and Israel/Palestine

12346»

Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    rr165892 said:

badbrains said:

rr165892 said:

Byrnzie,Im sorry to add a small amount of humor to a horrible situation,but I ran across this on the new urban dictionary.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=byrnzie

Is this true?

So fucken lame, but would should we expect from u
    What the fuck is wrong with you dude.Remove the stick that is firmly planted in your ass and chill out a little.I thought your partner there would get A chuckle out of it.It wasnt meant disrespectfully or with malice.Remember we are all on a PJ fan site so we all have a little common ground.Now fun and levity is not acceptable?I don't agree 100% with your politics so now being civil is below you? Classy Badbrains,very Classy.
    Ya wasn't meant disrespectfully. Hahahaha very fucken funny. We're all laughing while your terrorists organization (yes Israeli government are terrorists) keep killing civilians. That's exactly what your bloodthirsty ass wants. It's all a fucken joke, Hahahahahaha, too bad you weren't born Palestinian. Now that would've been funny.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    First of all Byrnzie quotes himself on LSD in his signature.If you can't see where the 2things are humorous together too bad.Its called a sense of humor,which can be very helpful at times like these.
    "My blood thirsty ass" your right that is funny.You just pull what served your agenda out of all our other exchanges apparently.I am not Israeli and not Palestinian.I have told you I am American ,and just because I support my countries policy of support for Israel does not mean I wish ill will toward innocent Palestinians caught in the middle of this mess.In fact I feel for them and hope they stay safe and out of harms way.But if you think that my opposition to Hamas,and my thinking they hurt your cause and only move the peace process farther from reality well....I don't know what to tell you .We can agree to disagree.
  • Options
    WMAmoricanWMAmorican Posts: 246
    edited July 2014
    Wow, you ignorant anti-Semites are amazing. Israel accepts an Egyptian-proposed Gaza ceasefire; Hamas keeps firing. Hamas deliberately aims rockets at civilians; Israel tries to avoid them, actually calling civilians on the phone and dropping flyers on areas they're going to bomb, telling citizens to evacuate. So the Israelis use missile defense to protect their civilians and Hamas uses their civilians to protect their missiles.

The moronic left (which I hope doesn't include Eddie) construes Israel–Gaza fighting as some morally equivalent “cycle of violence.” This is idiotic. What possible interest does Israel have in fighting? Everyone with an I.Q. over 70 knows Hamas started this latest war. And everyone should knows Hamas’s proudly self-declared mission: to eradicate Israel and its Jews.

Apologists for Hamas attribute the fighting to supposed Israeli occupation and blockade. Occupation? There isn't a soldier, settler or single Israeli in Gaza. It was less than 10 years ago that Israel uprooted it settlements, expelled its citizens, withdrew its military and turned every inch of Gaza over to the Palestinians. There was no blockade. Israel wanted this new Palestinian state to succeed. To help the Gaza economy, Israel gave the Palestinians its 3,000 greenhouses that had produced fruit and flowers for export. It opened border crossings and encouraged commerce. The whole idea was to establish a model for two states living peacefully and productively side by side.

And how did the Gaza Palis react to being granted by the Israelis what no previous ruler had ever given them — an independent territory? First, they demolished the greenhouses. Then they elected Hamas. Then, instead of building a state with political and economic institutions, they turned Gaza into a massive military base, filled with weapons, to make war on Israel. Where's the industry and infrastructure of the new Palestinian state? Nowhere. Instead, they built mile upon mile of underground tunnels to hide weapons and, when the going gets tough, military commanders. They spent millions importing and producing rockets, launchers, mortars, etc. and DELIBERATELY placed them in schools, hospitals, mosques and private homes to better expose their own civilians.

It makes no sense...unless the whole point is to draw Israeli counter-fire, producing dead Palestinians (children are even better!) for international media. Which is why Hamas actually urges its people NOT to seek safety when Israel drops leaflets warning of an imminent attack.

To deliberately wage war so your own people are killed is moral insanity, but it rests on a sickly rational premise: Given the way the world treats Israel, along with historical ignorance and reflexive sympathy for the supposed underdog, Palestinian casualties undermine Israel’s legitimacy and right to self-defense. So Hamas’ depravity sort of makes evil sense. All the morons condemn Israel, a state warred upon for 66 years yet goes to extraordinary lengths to AVOID harming the innocents its enemies use as shields.

It’s really to the Israelis’ credit that amid all this madness they don't just bomb the living fuck out of all their neighbors that want to eradicate them. They have nukes, but don't use them. Does anyone in their right mind think Hamas WOULDN'T nuke Tel Aviv or Jerusalem if they could? Really?
    Post edited by WMAmorican on
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,776
    Looks like this thread is done. Not putting up with name-calling and arguing. War is enough.
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.