Options

Amazing Pearl Jam Milton Keyes Poster Artist Edition (Brad Klausen) on Sale Details - MLB/Andy Wood

elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,050
Posters For Sale
All posters will go on sale on Sat. July 12th starting at 8 AM Pacific

IMPORTANT: Login First / Cart System Update

First things first, make sure you login first before adding any
posters to your cart. If you login in first, this guarantees that
whatever posters you add to your cart will remain in your cart for
15 minutes. That means once they are in your cart, they will
stay there until you are ready to check out, so you can continue
looking around with no immediate hurry to check out. After 15
minutes any posters that you have in your cart will be put back into
the inventory.

When your order is completely processed, you should receive a
confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, then
your order was not completely processed. Please email and let me
know if you do not receive a confirmation email after you place your
order. Sometimes, there can be an error where an order will be
charged but no packing slip is created... so if you see a charge on your
credit card but didn't receive a confirmation email, email me.

DELIVERY OF ORDER:
Please allow 2 - 4 weeks for delivery. It's just me here, designing new
posters, processing orders, packing orders, delivering tubes to the post
office, and answering emails...it's a one man show so it takes me a
little longer to get things in the mail then say amazon or netflix. I try
and be as fast as I can getting things in the mail, but please understand
that it can take me a couple of weeks to get everything processed,
packed and to the postman.

Pearl Jam, Milton Keyes

10.83" x 28", 6 colors (silver is metallic)
$60 plus shipping

BACK OF POSTER:

When I received my 200 copies of the poster, I noticed on one of them that the printing on the back appeared to be subtly showing through on the front. I pulled that one aside only to then notice the same thing was happening to varying degrees on at least half of the 200 posters I received. The folks at InHouse Printing were apologetic for that mishap and quick to reprint 100 copies for me. However that means there are two versions of this poster. The colors are slightly different as well, not drastically, but enough to notice side by side. So There will be 200 posters available, but split into their print runs: 100 of the original which I am calling Version A and will be numbered x/100 A, and 100 of the reprints which I am calling Version B and will be numbered x/100 B. Both versions are $60.

Version A is a little darker compared to B, but the colors are a little richer and more saturated. Whereas on version B, the colors are a little lighter but the image opens up just a little more. So, I want to make sure you guys are aware of the subtle differences and that there are two versions. Keep in mind this is NOT a variant. It is an accidental variant but not a purposeful, intended variant. It's just the result of an unfortunate thing that happened. Also keep in mind it's often tricky to match the colors of a jpeg backlit by a computer monitor to actual ink on paper... these are both pretty close though to the actual posters, the blue on Version A is a little bit richer in person then I could manipulate in photoshop.

Comments

• Options
    *******Now here comes the important part! I can only put limitations on how many of one individual poster a customer can by, I don't have anyway to make it so that if you buy Version A, you can't buy Version B also. Unfortunately the guy who built my site and helps tweak it from time to time is not my employee nor at my beck and call, as he is his own business and is often quite busy and preoccupied with his work and can't come running and helping me with every little detail that arises.

So, in order to make sure that 200 different people can get a copy of this poster and to avoid one person buying two and then reselling the other one (sorry for the all caps here, not shouting, but need to emphasize this point) IF YOU PURCHASE BOTH VERSION A AND B, I WILL REFUND YOU FOR ONE OF THEM. SO DON'T DO IT!!! It just makes it a pain in the ass for me to have to process refunds and you won't be able to get both anyway. ********

It was really hard for me to write down all the thoughts I had for the back of the poster in regards to the inspiration / meaning behind the design as there's a lot involved with it and it deals with some big ideas that are tough to sum up in a sentence or two, so here's a little more info on that:

October 22nd 2000 was one of my favorite nights of seeing live music. I had been working for Pearl Jam for just barely a year at that point, and the band was playing their 10 year anniversary show in Las Vegas. The band / management invited all us non-touring worker bees to go to Vegas and be there for the show and they put us all up in rooms at Mandalay Bay. The same night PJ were playing, the Foo Fighters and The Queens of the Stone Age were playing at the House of Blues which is inside Mandalay Bay. The Queens had just put out Rated R maybe 6 months ago and they still seemed like this awesome secret that the rest of the world wasn't totally in on just yet and the Foos were right in that sweet spot with 3 albums out and had yet to become the giant global arena rockers they are today. Small venue, great loud music by two bands that were on the precipice of becoming much much bigger then they were at the time, it was a blast. The show was so much fun and they timed it to end knowing that PJ was playing their 10 year show across the street at the MGM. So my friends and I, along with a bunch of other folks, all amped from that show, go running over to the MGM.

As many Pearl Jam fans are aware, that Vegas show was the first time the band played Crown of Thorns. I never really connected much to Mother Love Bone, Green River was more my style, but I was unaware of both bands before I knew about Pearl Jam... so I wasn't all that familiar with MLB's catalog of songs back in 2000. I did however understand the obvious impact and significance of them playing one of Andy's songs that night in Vegas, and as time went by I really grew to love Crown of Thorns, it became one of my favorites, a great epic sing-along rock song... but it wasn't until 14 years later when I sat down to work on the Milton Keyes poster that it really hit me.

Sitting in my house, out in the rural woods of Kingston, WA, looking out my window I started thinking about the path that led my to Kingston... how did I get here? Why am I living out in the woods and why do I love it so much? How did I end up with this magnificently luminous and magical woman? How did I get to this point, right now, in my life? I knew I wanted to make the poster based off a song, but what song...?

So I started thinking about and listening to songs I like, and when I got to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns, all these thoughts just came flooding in. It was overwhelming, almost paralyzing at times. I started thinking about how crazy it must be for the band to think about how the tragedy of the loss of their friend altered their path in a way they probably would have never imagined. As they lost one friend they were introduced to another friend and the chemistry between them would impact not only the world of music but the lives of millions of people all over the world.

For all you PJ fans out there, think of how different your life would be if that had never happened... maybe for some it wouldn't be that drastically different at all, but for others, it'd be massively different... people have been able to travel and see the US and the world following the band collecting all kinds of experiences and insights, they've met some of their best friends, numerous people have met their spouses at shows, some have even proposed on stage at a show, some of those couples have brought children into the world who otherwise would never have existed... the band and their music has changed people's lives all over the globe for 20+ years. It certainly changed my life... and when I think about the fact that none of this would have happened had it not been for the tragic loss of someone I never knew, it really makes you start to wonder about this experience of existence... makes you think about how connected everything is, not only all of us to each other, but how connected everything is throughout time... it's really overwhelming to think about at times and kind of spooky (as Einstein would say), but also fascinating and amazing. So this poster is a tribute to this crazy thing called life... where even in death, there is life.

P.S. I wanted to include something in the poster that was unique to Andrew Wood, something that only Jeff and Stone would pick up on. So I spoke with my friend Kevin Shuss who's been with Pearl Jam since before the beginning and was friends with Andy and asked him if there was anything I could incorporate that were things Andy liked. He told me Andy was a huge Dallas Cowboys fan (hence the star and color scheme,but Andy also wanted to be a star / was a star so it worked on multiple levels) and that he was very much into the number 3 (which is why Stone has a #3 on his Les Paul). Kevin's one of my favorite people I've been fortunate enough to meet and become friends with through working for PJ, and I have to thank him very much for his helpful input for this design.

Hopefully Andy is smiling down on the show tonight from up on Mt. Olympus...

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    WOW!

good work Brad
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    Same time as the Ames sale. I will be golfing though, can't own it all. Or at least I can't. Great poster though.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    JUST WOW!!!!
    Thanks for posting this buddy.
    ^:)^
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Sane MarySane Mary Posts: 223
    Blown away
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,185
    =D> =D> =D>
    Great work Brad! Now this was worth waiting the full tour for. Love the story behind your inspiration for the poster and all of the thought you put into it. So well done.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,918
    Very nice!! :)
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360
    Amazing.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    cyrielbuyssecyrielbuysse Posts: 196
    edited July 2014
    on his artillery site? is it normal i can't get access to it now?
    Post edited by cyrielbuysse on
    2006 Arnhem - Antwerp - Paris 2007 Nijmegen - Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen - Arras - Werchter 2012 Amsterdam - Werchter - Arras - Berlin 2014 Amsterdam - Berlin - Werchter 2018 Pinkpop - London - Berlin - Werchter - London
    @BelgianPJfan
  • Options
    3manstack3manstack Posts: 202
    whats the significance of the 5 blue bands on chloes leg? Thanks
  • Options

on his artillery site? is it normal i can't get access to it now?

yes, the website usually shuts down a few hours before the sale. F5 (refresh from time to time), log in and go! Good luck today
  • Options
    sborastonsboraston Posts: 22
    I bought this one last night at the gig...there were three different designs, three would have been nice but only one was possible. Glad I bought this one as it's a beautiful thing.
  • Options
    When will it go on sale Scandinavian time?
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    It goes on sale in 4.5 hours from now so not sure what time that is for you SpinTheBlackCircle74
  • Options
    Ok, thank you :-)
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    Weird that he did it for this show. Seems like it should have been destined for "an evening with" or a hometown show given how much went into it.
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,446
    Would have been nice to see something like this in Seattle last year.

Weird that he did it for this show. Seems like it should have been destined for "an evening with" or a hometown show given how much went into it.

• Options
    I don't think the artist gets to pick the city. The band picks the artist and tells the artist what city...but this print is so amazing it could be for Bagram and it would be amazing
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    DavidD said:

Would have been nice to see something like this in Seattle last year.

Or Dallas!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    BK is still the best artist PJ works with... Munk one may do some awesome city/venue related pieces, but nobody does a "Pearl Jam" print quite like Klausen.

Amazing work here amigo, thank you
  • Options
    jkgrovesjkgroves Indiana Posts: 142
    edited July 2014
    Was able to pick one of these up (version A)! On sale now!
    Post edited by jkgroves on
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Looks like version A is sold out
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    Just three years ago, these would have been gone in the first five minutes.
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • Options
    Dowder5167Dowder5167 Posts: 195
    Picked up version A, couldn't resist the deeper colors.
  • Options
    PearlStripesPearlStripes Posts: 267
    I went for Version B
  • Options
    Mookie1Mookie1 Posts: 223
    Version B for me.
  • Options

maybe quicker than that
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181

Still sold out both A & B pretty fast
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Ames need to get website tips from Brad
  • Options
    Yes, this makes me so happy! I love Brads work and always have. I hate it when I see that he does not sell his stuff out.
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere