Options

Things I Love About Eddie

2»

Comments

• Options
    JuberooJuberoo Posts: 472
    I love the personification he has created for himself. I would love to get to know the real him too though.
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense.

A truly liberal person is conservative when necessary.

Pro-life by choice.
  • Options
    eddieved24eddieved24 Posts: 107
    Hum, I guess I love the way he is just so god damn earnest! I love how he has little inside jokes with the crowd, gives the should I have another? eyebrow lift before opening another bottle of wine, I love how he comments on Mikes guitar playing, I love his lyrics, I love his voice, I just plain think he is one of the best humans ever PERIOD!! Oh and I love the way he cracks himself up while trying to remain composed at the mike, take a look at the showbox DVD, the part where he is commenting on the guy from Chile picking up his dogs poop, it just cracks me up every time!
    all those paper plates......
  • Options
    I know he was the #1 thing that turned me into a PJ fan. I kept hearing about him on VH1 and shit. I figured to myself that he most likely had left the group since he seemed to be the only talked about. I thought he might have got the big head and thought he could do better than the rest of the band like so many rock singers. When I found out he hadnt, I thought to myself maybe this guy is different. I have come to love Ed as someone who can speak his emotions and feelings toward anything and really back it up. I see so many Pop singers, Metal groups, Country singers, and Punk groups do this and not know a damn thing about what the are talking about. Ed does, he can back whatever he says. I may not always agree, but I can certainly see where the man is coming from. Another reason is of course the God like voice and the awesome lyrics that is just art. Eds lyrics and music(along with the rest of the band) are so underrated its not funny. It seems that either most people want a catchy simple AC/DC song where they can get it stuck in their head or they want a complex palace of twist and turns like Dream Theater or Megadeth. Not that theres ANYTHING wrong with those groups etc, but I havent found one band that can truly compare to Eds music and the rest of the boys. My guitarist says that PJ is boring to play and he will go off and play the most complex song in the world. Thing is, when he has tried to play PJ songs he can never get is 100% right, thats what makes Ed and the boys special is that what they create may be simple or not complex, but its played with that pure raw emotion that has been with the band ever since 91. I also love Eds ability to try different stlyes of singing. Im not just talking about going from Even Flow to Do The Evolution either. Im talking about how hes changed songs vocals ever since the old days. Songs like Garden, Black, and especially Jeremy. I read so much about Eds singing being different due to smoking and age and shit. While I agree with age 100%, and a lot with smoking. I believe it to be more of what Ed wants to sing it like and how maybe he doesnt like that really deep tone anymore like on Ten. I cant see us on here loving Ed as much if he sang with that same deep tone from 1991 to 2007, it would have got old quick. Certainly cant picture Life Wasted being sang like something on Vs or Ten. I love how he changes certain songs through every tour. I believe Ed to be getting better with age, maybe excluding 1996 and 2003 because those tours were his worst. Even though 03 had some damn fine moments. Hes just an icon of any generation and a hero for me. Not to mention I sort of look like him. At least my hair!
    My first PJ show to witness was at Bonnaroo. How is that for lucky?
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,658
    knitted wrote:
    funny you should say that coz i don't think he really started singing about love til recently - go on, name me a pj 'love' song before binaural.

i like it that he drinks red wine and not white.

black
    alone
    indifference
    betterman
    nothingman
    hail hail
    around the bend

there are probably more
  • Options
    The ways that he uses... to drink all that bottles of red wine and how he stays on his feet, adding the cigarettes...and he´s a singer, probably the best
    ...can´t wear my mask, your first my last...
  • Options
    MinimieMinimie Posts: 116
    Just the way he moves, sings, talks and lives. His voice and attitude.
    The way he hasn't lost the boy inside of him.
    The way he stays down to earth.
    The way he wants to get the message across (which is definitily not as other well know persons who like the publicity they get better when supporting a good cause than the cause itself).

I love the way the whole band are friends as well and still enjoy playing together.

I feel a deep respect for all of them.
    Those who dance are called insane by those who can't hear the music - eV
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    2006: Antwerp (B)
    2007: London (UK), Nijmegen (NL), Werchter (B)
    2008: MSG1 & 2 - New York (US)
    2009: Rotterdam (NL), London (UK), Philly(x4)(US)
    2010: Dublin (I), Belfast (UK), Nijmegen (NL), Arras (FR), Werchter (B)
    2011: Montréal (Can)
  • Options
    Minimie wrote:
    Just the way he moves, sings, talks and lives. His voice and attitude.
    The way he hasn't lost the boy inside of him.
    The way he stays down to earth.
    The way he wants to get the message across (which is definitily not as other well know persons who like the publicity they get better when supporting a good cause than the cause itself).

I love the way the whole band are friends as well and still enjoy playing together.

I feel a deep respect for all of them.

You´d said it all :D
    ...can´t wear my mask, your first my last...