Options

Things I Love About Eddie

fluttergirliefluttergirlie Posts: 217
edited July 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
the fact that he can't dance to save his life but doesn't give a sh*t and does it anyway :D

add yours...
Dublin - August 23rd 2006
Wembley - June 18th 2007
Hopefully many more to come...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    seagoat2seagoat2 Posts: 241
    There's a lot of things to love about Ed......the main one for me is that he is a wonderful HUMAN BEING.......he cares about what matters & his voice is mesmerizing.....whether he's singing or not.

I love that the band cares about thier fans so much - being a fan of PJ is like being part of a big, happy, (sweaty), delirious family. :-)
  • Options
    your right, can't beat the ed shuffle

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • Options
    i love the way he forgets the lines to his songs too and the way he takes soooo long to tell a story, soooo cute :)

c'mon people, there must be more things you love about this amazing man...

and is it just me or is he much more of an eddie than an ed?
    Wembley - June 18th 2007
  • Options
    ymerejymerej Posts: 70
    The way he plays Soon Forget. And the way he talks to his fans. And the most of all like his voice of course when he's singing but also when he's talking. It makes me belive in every single word he says.
    I just want to scream...
    ...hello!!!
    My god its been six years...
    never dreamed...
    ...you'd return.
  • Options
    1Vedhead1Vedhead Posts: 147
    So many things..
    But I love his PASSION on stage.. When he sings there are times that he just seems to lose himself in the song..
    It's so incredible to watch..
    LA 7/9/06 & 7/10/06
    The Gorge 7/22/06 & 7/23/06
    Antwerp 8/30/06
    Bridge 2 10/22/06
    Honolulu 12/2/06 & 12/9/06
    Munich 6/12/07
    Katowice 6/13/07, London 6/18/07, Lollapalooza 8/07, LA (EV) 4/12/08 & 4/13/08, Ouside Lands 09
  • Options
    1Vedhead wrote:
    So many things..
    But I love his PASSION on stage.. When he sings there are times that he just seems to lose himself in the song..
    It's so incredible to watch..

definitely, especially when he gets a bit tipsy and stumbles over when he's trying to rock out
    Wembley - June 18th 2007
  • Options
    I was just thinking today... And this relates to the band as much as Eddie... They finally agree to play AOL sessions (however long ago that was) to promote the Avocado record, and instead of playing their hits, they play Sad and Hard To Imagine, songs that weren't even b-sides. It's just a huge middle finger to the machine, and an incredible dedication to the fans.

And the dancing is cool too.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    I love that he cares about the Earth, and puts his money, time, and fame behind the cause.

I love that Ed is so genuine, and although they are this entity of a rock band, going to a show still feels like a rockin good time with friends. I love that he looks at us, I mean really looks at the fans while he is on stage. Its pretty clear that there is a great experience being had by both the people on stage, and the fans. Being a fan at a show is s symbiotic experience.

I love that Ed shared the story of the curse with us. You could tell he was hesitant a bit, like he was really wearing his heart on his sleeve.. but he wanted to give us all that big bear hug.

I love that Ed is political.

Most of all, I am happy that Ed continues to do what he does. He lays it all on the the line for every show.
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    ed's got the moves down

I saw him do this thing in either Toledo or Grand Rapids (can't remember) that just totally blew my mind

he's bendy flexy
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    ha ha ha
    true
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    PearlerPearler Posts: 191
    share wrote:
    ed's got the moves down

you bet he has. and his voice gets better with age.

he is a cross between michael hutchence and jim morrison.

if you arent familiar with micheal hutchence... heres him..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LFOoJGQ46Hk
  • Options
    OneLove wrote:
    I love that Ed shared the story of the curse with us. You could tell he was hesitant a bit, like he was really wearing his heart on his sleeve.. but he wanted to give us all that big bear hug.

what story was this?
    share wrote:
    he's bendy flexy

and what was this about? I'm getting all hot and bothered imagining what it could be :D
    Wembley - June 18th 2007
  • Options
    Sarah D.Sarah D. Posts: 44
    What is not to love?!? Besides his mesmerizing voice (like you guys said, it doesn't matter if he's singing or talking), I love that he is so sincere, yet extremely witty. I love that he throws himself full tilt into anything that he is doing, and that he seems to remember what it was like to be a fan. I love that he (and, really, the whole band) have as much fun as we do at the shows! And I like his little dances. Now Stone, his moves are another story! Love ya too, Stone!
  • Options
    Ok. Here you go.
    Ed:

Is an intelligent human being
    Is very attractive (15 years ago he was so fucking handsome - he's aged very well!!)
    Has one of the most beautiful touching voices rock has had
    CAN DANCE! I love it when he moves from side to side holding the mike looking at us!
    Is one of the best living lyricists
    Cares about his music more than he cares about his wallet (I respect this very much)
    Is respectful and tollerant
    I could go on forever! ED IS A LEGEND!!!
    "Come on people now, smile on your brother and everybody get together, try to love one another right now!!!!"
    "You my friend, I will defend and if we change, well I love you anyway"
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine, I AM MINE"
  • Options
    wendy wrockswendy wrocks Posts: 135
    everyfuckingthing!!!!!!
    Honolulu, 2006, Lollapalooza, 2007, WPB, June 11, 2008 (my birthday!!!!!)
    Bonnaroo 2008, MSG June 24, The Beacon July 1, 2008 (Robin Hood Rocks)
    United Palace Theatre August 5, 2008, NJPAC August 7, 2008 (EV Solo)
    Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA June 11, 2009 (My Birthday!), June 12
    The Spectrum Oct 27, 30, 31, 2009
    The Rock, May 18,(Front Row Center), MSG May 20, 21 2010

• Options
    romybianromybian Posts: 1,644
    the lyrics
    "The joke in your language won't come out the same" (Tom Petty)
    I'm no dude! Dudette!
  • Options
    prodacakeprodacake Posts: 319
    because he produces the best lyrics ever and is the frontman of the greatest rock and roll band the world has ever seen
  • Options
    and he's so cuddly :D
    Wembley - June 18th 2007
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    The way nothing is a gimmick... every lyric and every note means something... also the way he communicates with the crowd. Not many frontmen HAVE what he has.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    His piercing blue eyes that make you feel like the most important person to him if he happens to pass a look at you as he skims the crowd (even if only for half a second)

The way he goes to a special effort to pass out tambourines, plecs, wine etc (even though sometimes the same people at the front get all the stuff which is a pain in the tits)

The way he reacts when the crowd surprises him - like singing the 'It's ok' tag early in Dublin last year, or the balloons and 'No More' in Nijmegen... like we always still do something that surprises him!

The way he's really startin to rock out again with his hair swishin everywhere - thats pretty snazzy!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    pajopajo Posts: 3,292
    Iva: I love everything mentioned above but most of all I love the way he uses the English language. A true poet and incredibly intellingent! And then all those beautiful lyrics are 'delivered' to us through his amazing voice! Beautiful! :D

and yes, I love the fact that he brought just three t-shirts to this year's European tour... :D
    or the fact that he has a hole in his t-shirt in Iconoclasts...
    you gotta love that guy! :D
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    His earnestness, his passion, his words and his humility

and this, which I just searched for another thread :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5IcZ2yBcvFQ
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    wow

creepy
  • Options
    lpkem1lpkem1 Posts: 13
    I think it is great how he is always singing about love!!
  • Options
    knittedknitted Posts: 244
    lpkem1 wrote:
    I think it is great how he is always singing about love!!

funny you should say that coz i don't think he really started singing about love til recently - go on, name me a pj 'love' song before binaural.

i like it that he drinks red wine and not white.
    http://www.sublime-retro.net

when my ears ring, my heart beats
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    That voice! That face, That body, those lyrics, that PASSION...that political prowess and sense of social responsibility, that down to Earth genuineness, it's just about everything!!
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    ymerej wrote:
    The way he plays Soon Forget. And the way he talks to his fans. And the most of all like his voice of course when he's singing but also when he's talking. It makes me belive in every single word he says.

the way he ALWAYS stuffs up soon forget!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    the way he ALWAYS stuffs up soon forget!

that's quite funny... i thought Australians only ever said 'stuffs up' if they're on Neighbours, or Home And Away etc etc ;):D

that and 'rack off'....
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    lu.lu. Posts: 118
    If I had to chose one thing that hasn't been mentioned yet, it would be when he speaks spanish in the 12/10/2005 mexico show album... so funny, so cute, so huggable!! The album is a must have for any spanish speaking fan, it made me a happy, hapyy girl :D

He sang "esta bien" (it's ok), spoke a few incoherences and was very funny.
    The waiting drove me mad... you're finally here and I'm a mess
  • Options
    JuberooJuberoo Posts: 472
    knitted wrote:
    funny you should say that coz i don't think he really started singing about love til recently - go on, name me a pj 'love' song before binaural.

Black...love lost
    Elderly Woman...love's memories
    BetterMan...messed up love "she loves him"
    Around the bend...innocent love
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense.

A truly liberal person is conservative when necessary.

Pro-life by choice.