Options

Pittsburgh Vs Cincinnati

GodsDice724GodsDice724 Posts: 22
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Just courious which one was better based upon the accounts of people whom went to both shows.
PJ Shows:

9/05/2000 Pittsburgh
4/26/2003 Pittsburgh
6/23/2006 Pittsburgh

Under your tongue...I’m like a tab...
I will give you what...you’re not s’posed to have
Pearl Jam - Last Exit
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Uncle LeoUncle Leo Posts: 1,073
    If Von Olhafon does not roll into Palmer, perhaps Cincinnati comes out on top...

Oh, concerts...never mind I was at neither.
    I cannot come up with a new sig till I get this egg off my face.
  • Options
    strangespotintheskystrangespotinthesky Pittsburgh Posts: 32
    Both shows had something to offer. Each had their moments - though I will say that from Crazy Mary until the end of the show at Cincy was one of the best hour or so I I've had at a Pearl Jam show recently.

Since Pittsburgh is my hometown show and I had better fanclub seats for Pittsburgh (3 rows back on wings vs. 20 rows back on floor) and it was the first seeing them since Cleveland - for me personally Pittsburgh was a little more special and therefore "better" to me.

I'll have to hear both boots to really see which one was "better".

I prefer to think of it as one big show with a 21 hour intermission!!!
    Pitt '98 - Pitt '00 - Pitt '03 - State College '03 - Hershey '03 - Toledo '04 - Pitt '05 - Philly '05 - Cleveland '06 - Pitt '06 - Cinci '06 - Bonnaroo '08 - MSG I '08 - MSG II '08
  • Options
    Uncle Leo wrote:
    If Von Olhafon does not roll into Palmer, perhaps Cincinnati comes out on top...

lol it never ends. :)
    PJ Shows:

9/05/2000 Pittsburgh
    4/26/2003 Pittsburgh
    6/23/2006 Pittsburgh

Under your tongue...I’m like a tab...
    I will give you what...you’re not s’posed to have
    Pearl Jam - Last Exit
  • Options
    Pittsburgh... the energy can't be beat.

Show went on longer too, I do believe.
    i am jack's ukulele

Show went on longer too, I do believe.
    it may end up being the show of the tour, well then there is the gorge though. and the bengals weren't going to win. period. we're the champs, you're not. get your wah pedals out.
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    rival9500rival9500 Posts: 542
    I was at both pittsburgh blows cinci away.
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • Options
    LivingBubbaLivingBubba Posts: 135
    Was at both and Cincinnati blew Pittsburgh away I thought. I had a friend with me who had been to 2 shows in `03 and he thought Cinci was much much better.

The crowd was amazing ....... best I`ve been around and this was my 30th show
  • Options
    imfaithfulimfaithful Posts: 106
    i was at both shows....both were awsome but id have to say that cincy def came out on top
    I LOVE THIS BAND

"If some guy's not really giving me a reaction, I'll try and fucking get a reaction out of him. And I feed off of that. I go crazy. In a good way."-Mike McCready

www.myspace.com/lovethejam
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I was at both. Cincy was WAY better. No question.

why was it WAY better?
    TORONTO 93, RANDALLS ISLAND 96, PITTSBURGH 98, PHOENIX 00, STATE COLLEGE 03, PITTSBURGH 03, PHILLY 03, HERSHEY 03, BOSTON 04, TOLEDO 04, TORONTO 05, PITTSBURGH 05, CLEVELAND 06, CAMDEN I 06, CAMDEN II 06, PITTSBURGH 06
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    Sawyer wrote:
    you missed the show of the tour...it occured in Grand Rapids

Haha, DAMN right!

Although it's the only one I have and will hit this year. I just can't see how it can be topped. Maybe it's because the home town factor, awesome seats, awesome energy? It was just everything, wow. But this isn't a GR love thread, so, carry on.

And for the record, if Palmer wasn't cheap shotted, Cinci would have beat Pittsburgh. Although I think if Cinci would have won they wouldn't have gone any further in the playoffs.

P.S. Steelers still [insert derogatory comment here]
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    burghpjfanburghpjfan Posts: 36
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    Haha, DAMN right!

Although it's the only one I have and will hit this year. I just can't see how it can be topped. Maybe it's because the home town factor, awesome seats, awesome energy? It was just everything, wow. But this isn't a GR love thread, so, carry on.

And for the record, if Palmer wasn't cheap shotted, Cinci would have beat Pittsburgh. Although I think if Cinci would have won they wouldn't have gone any further in the playoffs.

MAYBE NEXT YEAR WE WILL BEAT U 60 - 0!!!!
  • Options
    Uncle Leo wrote:

QUIT YOUR WHINING BUNGLE FAN!! YOU HAD THE STEELERS DOWN STILL WITH A GOOD BACKUP QB 17-7 AT THE JUNGLE, AND YOUR PATHETIC TEAM STILL BLEW IT!!! NICE FUMBLING BY KITNA INTHE SECOND HALF, DOES HE KNOW YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE BALL WHEN HE IS RUNNING FOR HIS LIFE!!!??? OH YEAH, NICE D ON THAT TRICK PLAY FOR WHAT BASICALLY WAS THE CLINCHER, CERDRICK WILSON COULD HAVE CROSSED THE BRIDGE INTO KENTUCKY AND CAME BACK AND STILL CAUGHT THAT BALL BEFORE THE REST OF THE BUNGLES D KNEW WHERE THE BALL WAS!!

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS, THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS, BUNGLES 0 FOR 2 IN THE BIG GAME, RELAX YOU CAN STILL HANG THAT AFC NORTH DIVISION CHAMPS BANNER UP!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    Haha, DAMN right!

CHEAP SHOT????? YOUR FUCKIN LINEMAN THREW HIM INTO HIM!!!!!!!! The Bengals will forever be taking it in the ass. deal with it!
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

• Options
    grandr0yalgrandr0yal Posts: 67
    You can tell from the massive amounts of fanviews for the pittsburgh show and the cincy show that the crowd from the cincy show just couldnt WAIT to get home and post those measly what.. 26 posts?

go steelers

pittsburgh > cincy.
    06/23/2006 - Best night of my life.
    See yins in pittsburgh 2007
    Rock on steelers!

www.myspace.com/nickpc
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I was at both. Cincy was WAY better. No question.

agreed.
  • Options
    grandr0yal wrote:
    You can tell from the massive amounts of fanviews for the pittsburgh show and the cincy show that the crowd from the cincy show just couldnt WAIT to get home and post those measly what.. 26 posts?

go steelers

pittsburgh > cincy.

Right on, As of right now 9 pages of pittsburgh fanviews compared to 3 of cincinatti.
    that says a lot right there.(pgh was only 1 day earlier so dont use that as an excuse)
    I didnt go to cincy but on setlists alone pgh wins, and i find it hard to believe the crowd was better, the igloo was melting my friends.
    but seriously we gotta quit bringing this football rivalry shit into these shows. its a pearl jam concert. there is never a bad one. no losers only winners. We can start the trash talk come football season.
  • Options
    everyone I talked to after cincy who were also at pittsburg said that the crowd energy and show blew Pitts away- Just what I heard from 3 different cats...not a lot of fanviews cause people are still traveling- we just got in now so...

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    Right on, As of right now 9 pages of pittsburgh fanviews compared to 3 of cincinatti.
    that says a lot right there.(pgh was only 1 day earlier so dont use that as an excuse)
    I didnt go to cincy but on setlists alone pgh wins, and i find it hard to believe the crowd was better, the igloo was melting my friends.
    but seriously we gotta quit bringing this football rivalry shit into these shows. its a pearl jam concert. there is never a bad one. no losers only winners. We can start the trash talk come football season.

Just get the boot. TRUST ME on the NATI:)
  • Options
    SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422
    Sawyer wrote:

Agreed. How many more times on this tour are we going to get the following songs in regular rotation: Sad, Red Mosquito, Sleight of Hand, Off He Goes, Around the Bend, Parting Ways, Hard to Imagine. Although setlist does not necessarily make a great show, this indeed was a great show. Went to 1/2 the first leg and Cincy, and still, nothing is beating Grand Rapids just yet.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • Options
    grandr0yal wrote:

go steelers

pittsburgh > cincy.

Uh, I might be mistaken on what point you're trying to get across, but, you've only got 10 more posts.
  • Options
    burghpjfan wrote:
    MAYBE NEXT YEAR WE WILL BEAT U 60 - 0!!!!

Maybe next year you wont have the refs on your team?

This thread reminds me of why I stopped posting on the official football websites. So I have to go jump into a lake and kill myself because I don't like the Steelers? Right, real mature there buddy. Hey I've got two words for you too, but I'll at least be the mature one and act my own age instead of acting your IQ.
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    Maybe next year you wont have the refs on your team?

This thread reminds me of why I stopped posting on the official football websites. So I have to go jump into a lake and kill myself because I don't like the Steelers? Right, real mature there buddy. Hey I've got two words for you too, but I'll at least be the mature one and act my own age instead of acting your IQ.
    your team is named after the color of shit (i know what it's really named after, you get the point though)

• Options
    gettingrightgettingright Posts: 550
    Sawyer wrote:

I was at both GR and Pitt, and you are absolutely right!
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Options
    Uncle LeoUncle Leo Posts: 1,073
    QUIT YOUR WHINING BUNGLE FAN!! YOU HAD THE STEELERS DOWN STILL WITH A GOOD BACKUP QB 17-7 AT THE JUNGLE, AND YOUR PATHETIC TEAM STILL BLEW IT!!! NICE FUMBLING BY KITNA INTHE SECOND HALF, DOES HE KNOW YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE BALL WHEN HE IS RUNNING FOR HIS LIFE!!!??? OH YEAH, NICE D ON THAT TRICK PLAY FOR WHAT BASICALLY WAS THE CLINCHER, CERDRICK WILSON COULD HAVE CROSSED THE BRIDGE INTO KENTUCKY AND CAME BACK AND STILL CAUGHT THAT BALL BEFORE THE REST OF THE BUNGLES D KNEW WHERE THE BALL WAS!!

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS, THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS, BUNGLES 0 FOR 2 IN THE BIG GAME, RELAX YOU CAN STILL HANG THAT AFC NORTH DIVISION CHAMPS BANNER UP!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!

Sorry, not a Bengal fan, just a football fan--Vikings actually, so life is hard.
    I cannot come up with a new sig till I get this egg off my face.
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 506
    I went to both. Cincy crowd blew the Pitt crowd away. I was disappointed in the Pitt crowd especially Floor 2 rows 2 - 8. Front row was rocking out as they should but hardly anyone in the next few rows even moved, and they sat during the encore breaks. It seemed at Pitt like rows 10-15 were much more into it which is a shame cause those in the front get to be there for every show, and are possibly getting a little jaded. I was impressed by the huge cheer that Ed got when talking about voting for candidates that are willing to take on environmental issues. I think Ed was a little surprised as well, especially coming from steel city.

Now to compare the crowd to Cincy, those in the the same sections were standing from Pollards set to the end. That and the crowd was one of the loudest crowds I've been a part of. The crowd really did deserve an epic show which I don't think Cincy quite made it to. They were close and were about to get a 3rd encore, but for whatever reason did not.

Having said all that both shows were still great and I'm glad I made it to both. Now I'm just wishing I could make it to some more shows.
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    5 shows this tour and cincy Rocked!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    JoePJrocksJoePJrocks Posts: 24
    inmyrvm wrote:
    CHEAP SHOT????? YOUR FUCKIN LINEMAN THREW HIM INTO HIM!!!!!!!! The Bengals will forever be taking it in the ass. deal with it!

Wrong - our lineman DID NOT have anything to do with it - If we had Palmer we beat your ass all over the field - just like we did in Pittsburgh - We have the best Quaterback, and soon to be best offense, in the league - You guys have shitty corners - we are going to eat the Steelers alive - We won the division this year - and if you dirty bastards wouldn't have taken out our best player, we would have beat your ass in the playoffs.
  • Options
    JoePJrocksJoePJrocks Posts: 24
    Agreed. How many more times on this tour are we going to get the following songs in regular rotation: Sad, Red Mosquito, Sleight of Hand, Off He Goes, Around the Bend, Parting Ways, Hard to Imagine. Although setlist does not necessarily make a great show, this indeed was a great show. Went to 1/2 the first leg and Cincy, and still, nothing is beating Grand Rapids just yet.

I live in cincy - went to both Cincy and GR - I have to say although Cincy rocked hard - i give the edge to GR. That was a fucking hot show !!!!
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    I thought Cincinnati’s crowd was more enthusiastic overall both in voice and actions. I had the exact same seat location for both nights. First lower bowl section, side stage (Mike), first few rows. You don’t get any direct P.A. sound there so the audience can be heard pretty well. A glance to my right allowed me to see most of the fans.

Pittsburgh only needed that outstanding version of Black to put it on the map forever.

Chicago Bears 2006

Watch out!!

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    I'll say Cincy..although the setlist was better at Pitt. Both shows were cool though. I would have liked Pitt more but my glasses flew off my head from jumping around like a crazy person and I couldn't see the stage for the remainder of the show.

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow