Options

Tomorrows the 10th

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,652
    GT1015 said:

Cubs play at home up until Thursday, 8/18, so the earliest they could set up around the park would be Friday 8/19. Any earlier would require a pop up shop elsewhere in Chicago.

How about they keep the merch inside and let the fans get posters and not run out by the 2nd day like Fenway.

What did they run out of on the second day?
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    mwplum said:

Deluxe baseball series vinyl set to be release in the fall! Both Fenway and Wrigley on 180 gr vinyl, 8 LP set, with bound photo album of Danny Clinch images from the shows (I'm pretty sure I saw him side stage)...haha I know it's a dream, but man would that ever be awesome!

I'm,not,one for fan speculation but this is a fantastic idea that I hope happens.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    presale for: fenway 1 on dvd, fenway 2 on vinyl
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    check out the new website
    contest for Temple of the Dog tickets
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    Camping mugs
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    2016 Tour Box set with silver pressed CD's
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,025
    Aussie Tour!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490

Aussie Tour!

best post in the thread!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Looks like the contest will be a PJ / Fenway gift set:

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options

GT1015 said:

Cubs play at home up until Thursday, 8/18, so the earliest they could set up around the park would be Friday 8/19. Any earlier would require a pop up shop elsewhere in Chicago.

How about they keep the merch inside and let the fans get posters and not run out by the 2nd day like Fenway.

They did not run out of anything on the second day. They were rationing certain items to make sure that they had some later inside the venue. I arrived on Thursday morning and they had everything I wanted at the stand with the exception of the enamel pin, which I was able to get on Friday. When I got into Fenway on Friday night they had a bit of everything available. I can't speak to what occurred on Saturday or Sunday...
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options

GT1015 said:

They did not run out of anything on the second day. They were rationing certain items to make sure that they had some later inside the venue. I arrived on Thursday morning and they had everything I wanted at the stand with the exception of the enamel pin, which I was able to get on Friday. When I got into Fenway on Friday night they had a bit of everything available. I can't speak to what occurred on Saturday or Sunday...

Yeah, that's the impression I was under. As far as I know they didn't run out of anything until Saturday night. That would make almost 4 full days of merch sales before anything was gone. It would have been nice if they saved some Thomas posters for inside the venue, but that's my only complaint, and I'm not even that bent about it. I got everything else I could have wanted at the show or pop-up shop.

I was pretty impressed with how they ran the Fenway merch. It was way better than the Wrigley '13 fiasco.
  • Options
    Why was wrigley such a fiasco? Did the just not have enough stuff to sell.
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896

As far as I know they didn't run out of anything until Saturday night. That would make almost 4 full days of merch sales before anything was gone.

I would say Saturday morning. Was there around 2:00 on Saturday, and there were no Thomas posters left. Heard that there weren't any left Friday evening at the show, but I'm not sure about that (I didn't see any, but I only saw the stand by Gate A).
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886

Why was wrigley such a fiasco? Did the just not have enough stuff to sell.

Not enough stuff, it was really disorganized, not enough people working the trailers so the lines were very slow. Very few stands inside. merch limits not upheld. And it was hotter than hell outside.

Looks like they learned for these shows.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    MP59559 said:

As far as I know they didn't run out of anything until Saturday night. That would make almost 4 full days of merch sales before anything was gone.

I would say Saturday morning. Was there around 2:00 on Saturday, and there were no Thomas posters left. Heard that there weren't any left Friday evening at the show, but I'm not sure about that (I didn't see any, but I only saw the stand by Gate A).
    The word is they released a bunch of Thomas posters after the show Friday night.

People said they were able to walk up to merch booths w/ no line after the show & grab them.

The first I heard of the Thomas being completely gone was well into Saturday, but I can't confirm the time.

Regardless, they didn't sell out of anything on the second day that I'm aware of; this was the most well run merch scene I've witnessed at a PJ show.
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896

MP59559 said:

The word is they released a bunch of Thomas posters after the show Friday night.

People said they were able to walk up to merch booths w/ no line after the show & grab them.

The first I heard of the Thomas being completely gone was well into Saturday, but I can't confirm the time.

Regardless, they didn't sell out of anything on the second day that I'm aware of; this was the most well run merch scene I've witnessed at a PJ show.
    Gotcha. Hadn't heard that about Friday.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    Did anyone get a Thomas poster on Sunday... Either inside or outside?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:

My buddy & I were the first to the merch stand on Yawkey way when the gates opened on Sunday, and there were none to be had.

I didn't bother checking anywhere else inside the venue, I figured they were long gone as had been reported the night before.
  • Options
    GT1015GT1015 Posts: 183
    on2legs said:

That is what I am wondering about too. If a fan has tickets to the Wrigley Monday show and won't get to Chicago until Monday are they just out of luck if something has been sold out 4 days ago?
  • Options
    andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,797
    on2legs said:

were all sold out on Sunday at all locations
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    GT1015 said:

on2legs said:

That is what I am wondering about too. If a fan has tickets to the Wrigley Monday show and won't get to Chicago until Monday are they just out of luck if something has been sold out 4 days ago?
    Hopefully they hold some until the day of the show for you.

FWIW however, the Thomas prints sold out the day before the last show, not the second day, or 4 days prior as you seem to think it did.

Am I nit-picking? Probably, but I think 10c did a damn good job this time around and they should be given credit for a job well done.
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374

MP59559 said:

They did have the Thomas out after the show on Friday. I got one. As soon as I left there was a stand on Isphwick (sp) that had a STACK of them.
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106
    More vinyl more vinyl and more vinyl. The market is still craving more vinyl. Let's go with the Riot Act reissue, just to fuck with our minds + a few 7" from that album. Damn, I should hire myself on as PJ merch dude. I'd give ya'll all the vinyl ya'll wanted, ya'll.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 723
    edited August 2016

on2legs said:

My buddy & I were the first to the merch stand on Yawkey way when the gates opened on Sunday, and there were none to be had.

I didn't bother checking anywhere else inside the venue, I figured they were long gone as had been reported the night before.
    On Sunday I made a lap around the inside merch stands (looking for the skyline shirt) and never once saw a Thomas or even a poster-sized empty space where one could have been. It was like it never existed.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567

on2legs said:

I think you're right. I don't believe anyone has posted here about getting a Thomas on Sunday either before the show or once the gates opened which would seem to confirm that they sold them all prior to Sunday's show.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    GT1015GT1015 Posts: 183
    Mike D88 said:

on2legs said:

On Sunday I made a lap around the inside merch stands (looking for the skyline shirt) and never once saw a Thomas or even a poster-sized empty space where one could have been. It was like it never existed.
    I just want the opportunity to buy a poster. I don't know which would sting more. If it sells out while you are in line or it's not even in the venue the day of the show cause it was sold the day before...
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762
    GT1015 said:

Mike D88 said:

on2legs said:

I just want the opportunity to buy a poster. I don't know which would sting more. If it sells out while you are in line or it's not even in the venue the day of the show cause it was sold the day before...
    I can answer that for you. It stings much more if you're in line when it goes. At PJ20 I was in line for almost 2 hours and the guy in front of us bought the last Klausen. If I had of shown up and saw it was already sold out, it would have saved me two hours of waiting in line, thus not stinging as much.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    derbydave said:

Looks like the contest will be a PJ / Fenway gift set:

Cool!

• Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    on2legs said:

on2legs said:

I think you're right. I don't believe anyone has posted here about getting a Thomas on Sunday either before the show or once the gates opened which would seem to confirm that they sold them all prior to Sunday's show.
    Saturday while picking up tickets you could see into one of the Fenway merch shops that was being setup for Sunday's show. They had every poster on the wall except the Thomas.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited August 2016
    MP59559 said:

Yes, Saturday morning. No Thomas posters left, and no women's green PJ shirts with shamrock on them left. Matter of fact they must've run out just as we walked up because it was on wall when we walked up, then when I asked about it and tried to point to it, it was gone.

And didn't then run out of the playing cards on Friday?