how do you get backstage passes in memphis?

Comments

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    pjradio said:

boobs....sometimes that works

Not in hershey!!! Ask the mosquito size tits what ed thought of her!

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Different movie, but...

Chris Knight: So, if there's anything I can do for you -- or, more to the point, to you -- just let me know.
    Susan Decker: Can you hammer a six-inch spike through a board with your penis?
    Chris Knight: Not right now.
    Susan: A girl's gotta have her standards.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    dankind said:

Different movie, but...

Chris Knight: So, if there's anything I can do for you -- or, more to the point, to you -- just let me know.

Real Genius!!! A serious classic
  • coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,434
    edited June 2014

dankind said:

Different movie, but...

Real Genius!!! A serious classic
    Real Genius and Fletch both came out in 1985! A great year for film.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Ok.1985 it is.I was a senior in HS.Great year for movie lines.so lets go with this one.

-I want my 2 Dollars !!!

Man thats a real shame when someone would want to throw away a perfectly good white boy!

This is pure snow,you know what the street value of this mountain is worth!

See the problem is my little brother got his arm caught in a microwave this morning and my grandma dropped acid and hijacked a school bus full of penguins....so nows really not a good time

French toast,French fries,French bread
    Oh and
    Buck up little camper
    One of my all time favorites... Better off Dead. Classic.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • BetsyhermBetsyherm Myrtle Beach, SC Posts: 23
    thanks I tried Charity Buzz. Nothing on there but appreciate the advice as for the rest of you, you all need to get a life.

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    pjhawks said:

rr165892 said:

ponytd said:

rr165892 said:

May I suggest,Knee pads,40 wt oil and some ball bearings.....

Preferrably Prestone. No....wait...make that Quaker State
    And remember to charge them to the Underhill's.
    Do you have any caviar?Si senior,Baluga,but its $80 dollars a portion.I better just take two portions.Hows the lobster Thermidor?Irecomend it.

Arnold Babar.Isnt there a children's book about an elephant named Babar ?I don't know,I don't have any -No children? No ,elephant books

Moooonriver.whew,thank you doc!You ever serve time?AHH,using the the whole fist doc?

I can do this all day!!

secretary: sorry who are you
    Fletch: I"m Freda's boss
    secretary: Who's Freda?
    Fletch: My secretary

What kind of name is poon anyway?
    Comanche Indian
    Betsyherm said:

thanks I tried Charity Buzz. Nothing on there but appreciate the advice as for the rest of you, you all need to get a life.

"I like you Betty."
    "That's Danny, sir"
    "Danny"
  • ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    Get a job with the local 69. That's the Memphis stagehand union. I work backstage and rarely get to see any of the performers. :-&
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,989
    Then who's the vice president? Jerry Lewis?
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Betsyherm said:

It's just generally known that they are pretty private people and shy away from the meet and greets
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    Betsyherm said:

Thanks Betsy.I will go out today and try to find one.But I'm having to much fun waxing poetic about 1985 movies.Since you will have to watch the show from out front with the rest of us lifeless slugs may I suggest lightening up a smidge and realize we are all having a little fun.So for you I give you this classic from Weird Science.

Lisa: You know, there's going to be sex, drugs, rock-n-roll... chips, dips, chains, whips... You know, your basic high school orgy type of thing. I mean, uh, I'm not talking candlewax on the nipples, or witchcraft or anything like that, no, no, no. Just a couple of hundred kids running around in their underwear, acting like complete animals.

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440

The band is super protective about all access passes. Even if you are able to score a pass, it most likely wont get you direct access to the band. They have a few different levels of passes not all of them get you near the stage or the band. An all access pass most likely needs to come directly from the band or Curtis management.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I can't believe how many tickets are left for Memphis. It might be easy to get backstage passes
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    Step 1. Pick up an instrument
    Step 2. Start a band
    Step 3. Play a concert in Memphis
    Step 4. Because of step 3, you will have a backstage pass
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • adoffinadoffin Blaine, MN Posts: 398
    Aww c'mon man...it's all ball bearings these days!
    Chicago - 6/29/98
    Indianapolis - 8/18/00
    Champaign - 4/23/03
    St. Paul - 6/26/06 (w/Petty)
    St. Paul - 6/27/06 (w/Petty)
    Chicago - 8/23/09
    Minneapolis - 7/2/11 (Ed)
    Alpine Valley (PJ20) - 9/3/11
    Alpine Valley (PJ20) - 9/4/11
    Wrigley - 7/19/13
    Pittsburgh - 10/11/13
    Buffalo - 10/12/13
    Moline - 10/17/14
    St. Paul - 10/19/14
    Milwaukee - 10/20/14
    Wrigley - 8/20/16
    Wrigley - 8/22/16
    Wrigley - 8/18/18
    Wrigley - 8/20/18
    St. Louis - 9/18/22
    St. Paul 1 - 8/31/23
    St. Paul 2 - 9/2/23
    Chicago 1 - 9/5/23
    Chicago 2 - 9/7/23
    Wrigley - 8/29/24
    Wrigley - 8/31/24
  • PearlJamAdamPearlJamAdam Powhatan VA Posts: 33
    PJinIL said:

Yikes...so did anyone notice it was OPs 4th post? Some helpful stuff in here, but I hope she decides to keep posting, wouldn't call some of these comments welcoming.

OP, I clicked your post out of curiosity to see if there was anything I was missing. Don't know if you are new to the boards or just don't post very much (like me). As with anywhere else, there are some who'd rather be heard and be a smart ass than to just be quiet if they can't be helpful.

Hope the show rocks, I'll be there too!

. You HOPE the show rocks. The show will rock you. Satisfaction Guaranteed! Whoa!!!
  • jmsjms Posts: 243
    mcgruff10 said:

I can't believe how many tickets are left for Memphis. It might be easy to get backstage passes

I was afraid it would be a slow selling show. Nashville would have been a better show and sold out faster I think.

• mcgruff10 said:

i don't have an opinion on backstage passes. that said, it's a tuesday night... i'm surprised its not sold out too, but not many people traveling in the middle of the week perhaps? or locals not willing to go to a concert on a week night? a shame to say, but maybe this kinda thing is why PJ doesn't play the south more often...
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810

mcgruff10 said:

i don't have an opinion on backstage passes. that said, it's a tuesday night... i'm surprised its not sold out too, but not many people traveling in the middle of the week perhaps? or locals not willing to go to a concert on a week night? a shame to say, but maybe this kinda thing is why PJ doesn't play the south more often...
    Hey guys, enough with all the negativity towards the South. We all know that turnout for a PJ show in the South will never be like it is in NYC, Boston, Philly or Chicago. But that's ok. Why don't you guys buy a ticket, and come on down for the show. Ribs, Beale St., PJ, and then more Beale St. It's gonna be a fuckin' blast. Dare I say, you might just enjoy yourselves. :D

• mcgruff10 said:

Hey guys, enough with all the negativity towards the South. We all know that turnout for a PJ show in the South will never be like it is in NYC, Boston, Philly or Chicago. But that's ok. Why don't you guys buy a ticket, and come on down for the show. Ribs, Beale St., PJ, and then more Beale St. It's gonna be a fuckin' blast. Dare I say, you might just enjoy yourselves. :D
    oh no, no negativity towards the south at all. i call it home. my post wasn't meant to compare our shows to NYC, or anywhere else. i've been to a few of their all time great shows. each in the south. i look forward to Memphis. so much, in fact, that i think Memphis could be the sleeper this fall... i DEFINITELY look forward to enjoying myself B-)
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • AC16758AC16758 Posts: 46
    I bet your sorry you posted that
  • AC16758AC16758 Posts: 46
    Oh the ridicule
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,742
    If you have a feeble public access cable TV show worth exploiting, I know a guy who can get you backstage passes to the Alice Cooper show.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,406
    Buy a Janitor Costume,
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Leave the gun take the canollis
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited June 2014
    Pretend your one of the Roadies.