Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    fuck fuck fuck I just got the new album :eek: . I love the smell of the booklet - it's like fresh paint, so new :o

The guy in that record shop is my new hero... I'm gonna buy everything in there from now on :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    fuck fuck fuck I just got the new album :eek: . I love the smell of the booklet - it's like fresh paint, so new :o

The guy in that record shop is my new hero... I'm gonna buy everything in there from now on :)

So I wasn't sending you on a fools errand then ;) Going there yesterday paid off in the end.

Is the artwork as freaky as it looks on Dunk's pics (esp the one behind the cd) :confused:

Had a friend phone me up yesterday with it blasting in the car so think he will be coming over tomorrow for me to see it.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613

*is jealous* ;) I can't decide whether to go out and buy the album on Monday or wait for May 2nd and get the download.
    I can't really afford it but it is Pearl Jam..........
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

I was listening to it this morning on the way to work. I love 'severed hand' and 'come back'.
    Chime wrote:
    So I wasn't sending you on a fools errand then ;) Going there yesterday paid off in the end.

Is the artwork as freaky as it looks on Dunk's pics (esp the one behind the cd) :confused:

Had a friend phone me up yesterday with it blasting in the car so think he will be coming over tomorrow for me to see it.
    Yep chime :o thank you so much :)

He was a sweety :o . I didn't look at dunky's pics but I guess the artwork is freaky if you're easily freaked out :p . Oh, even though it's in my bag, I can still smell it, like a new book now.

stonesgstring: It's Pearl Jam :eek: that's the most important part of what you said.

Byrnzie severed hand is fucking excellent isn't it. I'd love to know what he's so enthusiastic about but now I have the lyrics and I think I can guess :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Yep chime :o thank you so much :)

He was a sweety :o . I didn't look at dunky's pics but I guess the artwork is freaky if you're easily freaked out :p . Oh, even though it's in my bag, I can still smell it, like a new book now.

stonesgstring: It's Pearl Jam :eek: that's the most important part of what you said.

Byrnzie severed hand is fucking excellent isn't it. I'd love to know what he's so enthusiastic about but now I have the lyrics and I think I can guess :)

Jeez, that was quick!!!

I don't get my album till its sent out with the special offer thingy! It must kill ye if you can't listen to it yet and you've to wait to get home and you've read the booklet lots!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    Jeez, that was quick!!!

I don't get my album till its sent out with the special offer thingy! It must kill ye if you can't listen to it yet and you've to wait to get home and you've read the booklet lots!
    Lol, it's IN MY BAG :eek: . I'm gonna put it in my discman though so I can have it blaring on the way home... I can still smell it though. I've been showing it to everyone and they're smiling politely and saying 'that's nice'. One aussie guy got really excited though and the engineer slightly excited :D . It's so shiny too :)

Maybe I can finish early or something Or just lock my office and sit here listening to it :)

I bought some other album cos the guy was so nice. it was playing in the shop and was pretty good. I've a funny feeling it will be a while before I listen to it though.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    i'm self employed, so i don't get any paid holiday. makes taking lots of time off for this sort of thing very tricky.

Not the only one chief. With 5 Italy shows, Lisbon, Madrid, Dublin and Leeds, Ill have to take nearly three weeks off, AND pay for the trips. Good frickin job its over 4 months away.

And gues what? It actually makes me feel good about missing Astoris. If i'd have taken those 2 days off, and paid 200 or so for a ticket, and 60 for train, fifty for hotel, I wouldnt have had the cash for the tix I bought the other day, which all add up to what I would have blown for Astoria.

Every cloud has a silver lining!

Anything planned for Dublin, after show wise? We're staying in the Jury's Castle place near the point.
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    Byrnzie wrote:
    It's up to you boss. Anyway, count me in! I need to throw a sicky for the Monday and Tuesday that week anyway for the Paris gig. I may aswell take the whole week off. The Byrnzie PJ tour continues!!!

Nice!!! shall we get together for a beer next week and do the planning?
    Keithos wrote:
    Nice!!! shall we get together for a beer next week and do the planning?

Yeah, o.k. I'm working overtime Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday until 8pm - collecting my summer beer tokens - but Friday I finish at 6pm, so Friday I can meet ya. Where have you got in mind??
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Yeah, o.k. I'm working overtime Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday until 8pm - collecting my summer beer tokens - but Friday I finish at 6pm, so Friday I can meet ya. Where have you got in mind??

Don't mind... you have further to go, so whatever is good for you!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    hi quality downloads available here:-

http://www.jrecords.com/pearljam/

its things like SNL performances... World Wide Suicide Video.... the hi-res video pack that was directed by Danny Clinch

:)

all official and free as well.... get downloading
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Keithos wrote:
    Don't mind... you have further to go, so whatever is good for you!

You live in Islington right? Let's say 'The Hope and Anchor' on Upper street at 6:30pm - 7pm Friday next week.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    You live in Islington right? Let's say 'The Hope and Anchor' on Upper street at 6:30pm - 7pm Friday next week.

Sounds good!
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    Woodford reserve? Is that the best? You can buy that in Sainsbury's over here. I may get a bottle later now to check it out. Cheers ears!

It's definitely one of my favorites and resonably priced as well. It is the official bourbon of the Ky Derby, so it has alot respect around the state. There are probably about a dozen bourbon distillaries in KY, each claim to be better than the others. I say my top four in no particular order are:

Woodford Reserve - http://www.woodfordreserve.com/awards.asp

Rip Van Winkle - http://www.oldripvanwinkle.com/newbs/vw/website3.nsf/docsbykey/HNEY-5FFLNA?opendocument

Maker's Mark - http://www.makersmark.com/

Old Pogue - http://www.oldpogue.com/

With KY DERBY coming up, be sure to check out all these websites and try their recipe for the "Mint Julep", its a KY DERBY tradition.....Horses and Bourbon...that's KY...:D:D:D:D
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
    It's definitely one of my favorites and resonably priced as well. It is the official bourbon of the Ky Derby, so it has alot respect around the state. There are probably about a dozen bourbon distillaries in KY, each claim to be better than the others. I say my top four in no particular order are:

Woodford Reserve - http://www.woodfordreserve.com/awards.asp

Rip Van Winkle - http://www.oldripvanwinkle.com/newbs/vw/website3.nsf/docsbykey/HNEY-5FFLNA?opendocument

Maker's Mark - http://www.makersmark.com/

Old Pogue - http://www.oldpogue.com/

With KY DERBY coming up, be sure to check out all these websites and try their recipe for the "Mint Julep", its a KY DERBY tradition.....Horses and Bourbon...that's KY...:D:D:D:D

You are now officially the coolest American girl who I've never met!!
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    You are now officially the coolest American girl who I've never met!!

sorry to break your heart my friend......i'm a dude.....;)
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

:D:D:D:D:D Funny thing is I think he DID say 'guy' or something and then changed it cos I didn't pick up on the girl thing til you mentioned it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Just thought I'd post it here aswell :D BBC6's album of the day on 3 May will be Pearl Jam. Don't know exactly what this will mean but hopefully some stuff on the website reviews sessions :confused:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?

Whoops!!!!!
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613

Ahahaha poor Byrnzie :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    Whoops!!!!!

LOL...no worries...
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

LOL...no worries...

I think I might have been secretly hoping you were a chick, as It's not often you come across one who knows about bourbon whisky. I'll have to keep looking for her!!
  • nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    Jennytree wrote:
    Jaysus, Naas ahead of the posse for once!!! :p

haha!!!!

so where on this isle are u from then? as it aint dublin?!!!!!
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    I'll have to keep looking for her!!

LOL....you and me both my friend....:D
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

LOL....you and me both my friend....:D

Hmm... is this the lonely hearts thread? :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Hmm... is this the lonely hearts thread? :o

right so what diry pervert or 2 is after who now??!!!
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
    nutmeg81 wrote:

:confused: I dunno, I'll take anything :cool:

Just kidding :rolleyes: of course... I have standards :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    :confused: I dunno, I'll take anything :cool:

Just kidding :rolleyes: of course... I have standards :o

ur from cavan!!!!!!! :)
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
    nutmeg81 wrote:

Newagehippie and me are after a whisky guzzling good time girl who knows how to parrtyyyyy!!!