Comments

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    belfast1 wrote:
    aye just between us

ok, heres 3

1. got nicked stealing sweets aged 9
    2. didnt pay tv licence aged 24-25
    3. shopping trolley incident pembridge road aged 26

You know, the only time i've been nicked is for trying to steal eggs to throw at buses. I was 13 at the time. Bad boy! (If you've never thrown an egg at a bus you haven't lived! Used to aim for those open windows - brilliant! The joys of growing up in a crappy new town!)
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    redrock wrote:
    Would you care to elaborate on that one? A shopping trolley incident?

1am chucking out time

vacant shopping trolley idly loitering at bottom of said road...

my partner in crime who shall remain nameless at this stage puts me in and wheels me down the road at full pelt

halfway down he lets go with me heading straight for the oncoming traffic...

pembridge road bends halfway down

and no steering on ye olde mk I shoppingtrolley like

so i banged into parked car at full speed

next day we got up and dandered down the road only to see the damage in full sobriety - this guys motorcar was wrecked all down one side

funny but not really funny if you see what i mean!
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Ouch! Bloody shopping trolleys with no steering!
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    redrock wrote:

Sounds like that film sleepers, only that was a hot dog cart, so just think how much worse it COULD have been :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    redrock wrote:

desperate!
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
    Sounds like that film sleepers, only that was a hot dog cart, so just think how much worse it COULD have been :eek:

I love that film....
    This is the crap response I received yesterday from 10club re: Astoria bootleg...

Hi,
    I don’t have any information on an Astoria bootleg.
    shipping@tenclub.net

Hello there, I was wondering if you can tell me why the London, Astoria show hasn't been made available for download. It was the bands 1st show in London for years and there are many thousands of fans in the U.K who would love to get a copy of it. Regards, Steve.
    my mate just laughed

i remember sobering up pretty fast thats for sure

god that was desperate...

some of the (illegal) things we did for laughs i tell ye!!
    At least its not a "we don't have it and you will NEVER get it" response.
    Could mean anything really. Keeping their options open maybe?
    redrock wrote:

I did e-mail two different addresses. That one said merchandise and shipping so maybe it's not their area. I'll see if I get a reponse from the other department.
    redrock wrote:
    That's what I'm thinking :) Why no cameras allowed? PJ always allow cameras. Irving Plaza, on the other hand, are DEFINITELY not getting a boot, isn't that right?

I'm liking this non-responsive shite for the time being :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    That's what I'm thinking :) Why no cameras allowed? PJ always allow cameras. Irving Plaza, on the other hand, are DEFINITELY not getting a boot, isn't that right?

I'm liking this non-responsive shite for the time being :)

treat em mean keep em keen
  • ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    Byrnzie wrote:
    This is the crap response I received yesterday from 10club re: Astoria bootleg...

Hi,
    I don’t have any information on an Astoria bootleg.
    shipping@tenclub.net

Hello there, I was wondering if you can tell me why the London, Astoria show hasn't been made available for download. It was the bands 1st show in London for years and there are many thousands of fans in the U.K who would love to get a copy of it. Regards, Steve.

They're being coy, DVD I reckon (like the Showbox)
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
    Chumfatty wrote:
    OOOhhhhhh! Would LOVE that!
    Chumfatty wrote:

I can't understand why they don't release bootlegs for all shows. I mean why pick and choose? Just because The Astoria, Irving Plaza are smaller venues, is that a reason to not release them? The fact that these shows were smaller venues gives them an added novelty and so they'd obviously be more sought after than the others. Bah humbug!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I can't understand why they don't release bootlegs for all shows. I mean why pick and choose? Just because The Astoria, Irving Plaza are smaller venues, is that a reason to not release them? The fact that these shows were smaller venues gives them an added novelty and so they'd obviously be more sought after than the others. Bah humbug!

Think Astoria would also have the novelty for those that weren't there of hearing the first time a lot of the new album tracks were played live and only time pre the album being released (and therefore to an audience who largely hadn't heard them) and then there are those who buy every boot :o
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Chime wrote:
    Think Astoria would also have the novelty for those that weren't there of hearing the first time a lot of the new album tracks were played live and only time pre the album being released (and therefore to an audience who largely hadn't heard them) and then there are those who buy every boot :o

Yeah, it just doesn't make sense whichever way you look at it. From below, from above or from the side whilst wearing green tinted glasses. Just doesn't make sense. I suppose the next time PJ play a really small venue it will end up being filled with bootleggers who end up producing crap quality recordings. It just seems to defeat the whole point in PJ recording and releasing all the shows as boots.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Yeah, it just doesn't make sense whichever way you look at it. From below, from above or from the side whilst wearing green tinted glasses. Just doesn't make sense. I suppose the next time PJ paly a really small venue it will end up being filled with bootleggers who end up producing crap quality recordings. It just seems to defeat the whole point in PJ recording and releasing all the shows as boots.

obviously i agree with Byrnzie and Chime... its sometimes feels like yet another kick in the teeth for UK fans

i said as much on my emails to tenclub... out of the 3 uk shows on this tour... 2 are festivals which were already sold out when the Euro tour was announced and the Astoria had already been played as well when they announced the shows :confused .... out of these 3 UK shows not one of them will have an official bootleg :mad:

meantime the US is having it 47th tour and the fuckers in Alabama have the audacity to complain about no South dates... we have to fly to another COUNTRY to see them.. ungrateful buggers... too busy shagging their cousins to jump on a plane are they??? (NewAgeHippie is of course a honorary Irishman for this tour so he's exempt ;) )
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Oh will ya just fucking relax - you're far too uptight for a Scotsman :p

The fact that there's no straight answer to this makes me thing something will happen... IF we get a straight no, then Heineken Helen will be unleashed on the 10c and even I don't want to see that :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • apocalypseapocalypse Posts: 4
    I didn't think i would get tickets for dublin, but my girlfriend got me one for my birthday. I was so shocked when i opend up the envelope n saw two tickets siting there WOOHOO!!!
    too busy shagging their cousins to jump on a plane are they??? (NewAgeHippie is of course a honorary Irishman for this tour so he's exempt ;) )
    are you implying that Pj or the irish shag their cousins??
    I don't care if the sun don't shine,
    And I don't care if nothing is mine!
    Hooray for the girlfriend - good one to keep!
  • newagehippienewagehippie Posts: 749
    we all walk the long road ;)

yeah its illegal... but then so is carrying a chicken across the state border of Michigan...

ok... perhaps we shouldnt do it then :(

Here are some laws of one town I used to live in that I think are funny:

-Illegal to carry an icecream cone in your back pocket
    -Illegal for more than 5 women to live in the same house
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
    If we're going to 'national' stupid laws: here are a couple from France

It is illegal to kiss on railways in France! (Since when did that bother the french?!?)

No pig may be addressed as Napoleon by its owner! (I like that one...)
  • newagehippienewagehippie Posts: 749
    (NewAgeHippie is of course a honorary Irishman for this tour so he's exempt ;) )

Glad ya thought of me......but I ain't from Alabama.....it's KY...;)
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....

The fact that there's no straight answer to this makes me thing something will happen

Errrrr....why???? I harboured similar thoughts before the Astoria show - there was no band playing there on the wednesday or Friday, so two vacancies - surely PJ will add another night or two. When I called the Astoria they were non-responsive/evasive which I then took to mean that something was in the pipeline. The long and short of it all is - it's wishful thinking, nothing more. They're not planning to release the Astoria, or Irving Plaza shows as boots. The only thing we can do to change this situation is to badger the 10club about it.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    apocalypse wrote:
    are you implying that Pj or the irish shag their cousins??

nice gift :):)

i am implying neither of the above
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    In Texas, it is illegal to curse in front of, or indecently expose oneself to, a corpse.

In Florida, having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.

Kansas law prohibits shooting rabbits from a motorboat.

In Alabama, it is illegal to wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church.

Hmm...Americans...bloody killjoys!
    Byrnzie wrote:
    In Florida, having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.

Hmm...Americans...bloody killjoys!

Well you won't see me holidaying in Florida then.....
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    FUNNY!!! Check out Georgia - no one will want to go there! (I did live in Georgia for a bit but I was only 3 so these things didn't matter!)

Hey newagehippie - another one from your part of the world: 'One may not dye a duckling blue and offer it for sale unless more than six are for sale at once.'
    Do you think it's OK then if the duckling is dyed green or if it not a duckling but a full grown duck. These laws are sooooo complicated!