Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Hey, have you seen this on the 10club site?....

CAMERA AND RECORDING POLICIES FOR 2006 TOUR05.09.06

Cameras

-Small, handheld cameras welcome.
    -No flash in the first 20 rows.
    -No detachable lenses.
    -No professional still or recording cameras.
    -No sticks.
    -No video cameras.

Audio Recording

-Small, handheld recording devices welcome.
    -No feed from soundboard.
    -No large, professional audio equipment.
    -No boom mics.
    -No external mics.

That's handy, don't have to worry about sneaking my camera in now. Cool!
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Yeah I saw that. Cool huh? :)

I'm glad actually because I have a small recording device that I can use now for the Europe shows is good. My own, albeit crappy sound, bootlegs!! :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Good morning!

I'm actually off to bed... but I thought I'd bump this thread for those who will be waking up shortly!

I hope some sort of decent bootleg of Astoria surfaces
    or maybe a dvd

At least you know you'll have Dublin.
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    Gutted about the Astoria Bootleg - thats crap! Off to mark and teach - allegedly!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
    Buru wrote:
    At least you know you'll have Dublin.

yeah... that is a comforting thought at least.

its just that astoria was my first gig and i always wanted to be able to remember it :(

och well???
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    ‘Shiit, HH is right. Men are simple!!’

Lol, well I’m glad you acknowledged that :D cos I would have HAD to point it out. Good work last night though – shame you missed out on the 3000 though :o that was harsh.

‘i remember texting my sister the next day and said it was the best night of my life...how sad does that sound’

Not even a little bit. Jman summed it up when we were in the queue and he said ‘oh my God, imagine this is going to be the best night of our lives’ or something to that effect. It really was. Nothing has come close and it never will either.

‘and the melting polar ice caps’

Hmm… not in this thread surely? :confused: Maybe somebody mentioned ice cubes and you got confused or something but it sounds a little bit serious!

‘its just that astoria was my first gig and i always wanted to be able to remember it’

Somehow I don’t think it’s something you’ll be forgetting for a while ;) . ALTHOUGH, like somebody else mentioned, has anyone asked about a possible DVD??? :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Somehow I don’t think it’s something you’ll be forgetting for a while ;) . ALTHOUGH, like somebody else mentioned, has anyone asked about a possible DVD??? :)

*batters Helen on the heed with a rolled up newspaper*

sign....the ..... feckin...... petitiony thing!!!!!! :)
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Gee violence so early in the morning?!! :eek: :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    [quote="Heineken Helen
    ‘and the melting polar ice caps’

Hmm… not in this thread surely? :confused: Maybe somebody mentioned ice cubes and you got confused or something but it sounds a little bit serious!

[/quote"]

Started with tears, then melting ice caps, then ice cubes, then stiffies.
    Scientific theory: melting ice caps = stiffies.

Does that sound too serious?
    Byrnzie wrote:
    1. No detachable lenses.
    2. No sticks.
    3. No boom mics.

these ones stood out for me

1. why would i take in those shit flip-top sunglasses that people aged 57 or over have to wear!

2. why would i take in a stick ???

3. Imagine trying to get into the gig with one of those big boom mics... so thats Nick Bloomfield screwed then :)
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Thanks Dunk for making me your number one on the petition thread ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Well I won't be staying in Jury's Inn Custom House, the friend who got my other ticket can't afford it so we're staying in Isaac's instead, been there a few times before, it's a nice place, very cheap and only about twenty minutes walk from the gig. Anyone else staying here?

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
    *batters Helen on the heed with a rolled up newspaper*

sign....the ..... feckin...... petitiony thing!!!!!! :)

Hmm... what??? Dunky, it's fucking 10am... I don't even know where the fuck I am... never mind where I might find said fucking petition :cool:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    redrock wrote:
    Started with tears, then melting ice caps, then ice cubes, then stiffies.
    Scientific theory: melting ice caps = stiffies.

Does that sound too serious?

Mmmm... melting ice :o yep I can see how that got into the conversation :o

Ed cubes :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    Binaural wrote:
    Well I won't be staying in Jury's Inn Custom House, the friend who got my other ticket can't afford it so we're staying in Isaac's instead, been there a few times before, it's a nice place, very cheap and only about twenty minutes walk from the gig. Anyone else staying here?

PEACE

no worries chief, sure 20mins is pretty close too
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
    Binaural wrote:

PEACE
    That's beside Connolly station, right???
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    That's beside Connolly station, right???
    Aye, that's the one, the good news is that it's within earshot of the Temple Bar so I only have to stagger for a few minutes when getting back ;)
    belfast1 wrote:
    no worries chief, sure 20mins is pretty close too
    Yeah, I've stayed at Isaac's pretty much every time I go down for a gig and it's never been a problem.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    oh yeah i know where it is now - cant think of why i didnt think of staying there before

ah well, jurys will be fine (so long as we get a room at the back - that road is desperate - a million lorries that go *kerklunk* every two seconds right outside yer hotel window - nuts...)
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    Don't like seeing our baby almost at the bottom of the page - BUMP!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
  • JaymacJaymac Posts: 513
    What's the name of the pub on the road? Just about 200 yards up from Jury's Inn? I say we crowd that motherfucker out and drink ourselves stupid :)
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

Proud member of the European Touring Bus 2006!
    Jaymac wrote:
    What's the name of the pub on the road? Just about 200 yards up from Jury's Inn? I say we crowd that motherfucker out and drink ourselves stupid :)
    Was that the metropolitan bar that I was talking about?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • JaymacJaymac Posts: 513
    Was that the metropolitan bar that I was talking about?

Possibly, I dip in and out of this thread, sorry :)
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

Proud member of the European Touring Bus 2006!
    Jaymac wrote:

I reckon a boozer with an outside are would be good. It should be a nice day so if there's somewhere with a beer garden, or if the pub won't mind us loitering with intent to get pissed outside the place then that's cool!
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I reckon a boozer with an outside are would be good. It should be a nice day so if there's somewhere with a beer garden, or if the pub won't mind us loitering with intent to get pissed outside the place then that's cool!
    See there aren't many of those in the city centre... There are places like the Barge or D2 but they're both quite the walk. There are a couple of 'beer gardens' in temple bar that basically just have no roof over a section of the pub where you can smoke.. but they're not sun traps or anything like that.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    See there aren't many of those in the city centre... There are places like the Barge or D2 but they're both quite the walk. There are a couple of 'beer gardens' in temple bar that basically just have no roof over a section of the pub where you can smoke.. but they're not sun traps or anything like that.

I don't mind a bit of a walk to a pub on the outskirts. To be honest all those coming from the airport will probably be coming into town in cabs - maybe buses - so I'm personally not too fussed. Isn't temple bar a bit touristy and pricey? Are there any decent pubs on the way to the Point? Questions, questions!! :)
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I don't mind a bit of a walk to a pub on the outskirts. To be honest all those coming from the airport will probably be coming into town in cabs - maybe buses - so I'm personally not too fussed. Isn't temple bar a bit touristy and pricey? Are there any decent pubs on the way to the Point? Questions, questions!! :)
    Lol, right I've already said there's ONE pub I can think of on the way to the Point but nobody's coming up with anything better. Its a decent enough place though but I've only drank there once. There would be enough space for everyone and stuff like that. The point is in an area with nothing else so there are no pubs in the immediate vicinity although, usually you come out and walk back up the quays towards the city centre but if you go straight across the bridge, there are a load of pubs there and I wonder if anyone knows what they are like cos they seemed pretty lively after the Australian Pink Floyd.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Anyone seen what Pearl Jam looks like in Rooskee?

пЭapл жam

Fascinating ay? :D
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Afternoon all! Fleeting visit before lunch....

Before the gig in 2000 in the point, me and my bro went to a bar in a hotel on the way down to the point and ended doing the top shelf of drinks, jesus the memories are great. I was hammered, second row and caught eddies pick and mick's fags! I reckon if I was sober there was no way I would have caught them. I also have memories of this american chick in front of me who kept getting her boyfriend to have a go at me for not giving her a ten foot exclusion zone, bitch tried to get me kicked out! I tried to explain that although I am obviously a very strong man, me verses 6,000 odd people behind me...well only one winner. She was so rude wouldn't even let me apologies and explain!!

My point is the hotel bar was good ;)
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Afternoon all! Fleeting visit before lunch....

I also have memories of this american chick in front of me who kept getting her boyfriend to have a go at me for not giving her a ten foot exclusion zone, bitch tried to get me kicked out! I tried to explain that although I am obviously a very strong man, me verses 6,000 odd people behind me...well only one winner. She was so rude wouldn't even let me apologies and explain!!

My point is the hotel bar was good ;)

Maybe she thought she had come to see the Royal Philarmonic orchestra, and was therefore aggrieved at the utter lack of decorum, etiquette, and observation of class distinction exhibited by the unruly mob behind her, and those hairy, sweaty and excitable personages gyrating suggestively upon the stage before her?
    Fuck her! :D