Options

Lottery: Does it need a home show priorty?

2»

Comments

• Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,833
    If PJ played more shows than no one would care about home town priority. They can't put even more restrictions on the so few shows they play
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,749

If PJ played more shows than no one would care about home town priority. They can't put even more restrictions on the so few shows they play

Definitely. Too bad they don't like touring more!
    Jeff actually claimed to "hate" touring last year. image
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,577
    I didn't read any of this, as I am drunk before game 5 of MTL/NYR:

my logic is: any hometown person has a better chance of finding tix than someone like me willing to fly from Toronto to XXXXX city.

If both of us get shut out, I wish you (anyone the best), but if I am willing to spend literally thousands to get to your town, why don't I deserve it?

1. Sorry if locals get shut out.
    2. didn't mean to offend
    3, Best wishes to all
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2,

• Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    I think they did something similar for the 2003 shows in Australia. 10C tickets were only for Australian members. I was gutted because I'm from NZ (pretty close) and PJ weren't coming here on that tour. I ended up not going! :(
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,038
    Where did Jeff say he hated touring?! Looks like he's having a blast on stage
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,749
    edited May 2014
    mcgruff10 said:

Where did Jeff say he hated touring?! Looks like he's having a blast on stage

I believe it was in an interview.... I guess it could have been late 2012 actually - was likely one of the interviews he did for RNDM. But I remember him saying it so clearly because I was so dismayed that he said it, lol. Anyway, he definitely didn't mean that he hates performing. He hates the touring (i.e. living out of a suitcase, being away from home for long stretches, the hectic schedule, and all the other shit that comes with touring), but not actually being on stage. Pretty sure he still loves that! Still.... I was sad to hear him say he hates touring, since that obviously isn't encouraging the band to tour more!
    I also saw one of the Bridge School Benefit kids ask Eddie if he likes touring, and he said that he does like it, but doesn't like that it takes him away from his family. Obvious response, but also not very encouraging from a fan's point of view.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mcgruff10 said:

Plain and simple no. I live in New Jersey, where's my hometown show? Is it philly? Brooklyn? Manhattan ? None of the above? What about people from Delaware?

people from Delaware should win every ticket lottery they enter, because it is a well known fact that Delaware has the most PJ fans per capita in the USA... and they have never played here
    :)>-
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    Well there you have it, OP, all No's. Imagine if there was a hometown slant for Wrigley last year. Sucks that locals got shut out, they just didn't want it enough. There are always ways to get tickets; 10C lottery is not the only way.
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL