Options

Full multi cam 2013 Vancouver show posted (NOW WITH ARTWORK)

13»

Comments

• Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Thanks for your help everyone....really nice of you.

Yes Ive now been trying Imgburn since last night.

I fill in the 'source' part with the ISO file. 'Destination' is correct.

Down the bottom it says - Device Not Ready - Medium not present - tray closed

and I have not option to 'write' even though I have a blank 25GB Bluray BD-R in there

The last software I tried kept saying 'please insert a blank BD-R'

Why me?????
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    DonJon, is your burner a bluray burner? I noticed in your first post that you said you had a burner and DVD-Rs. But if it is just a DVD burner, it won't work with the blank BD-R you bought. That might be why imgburn is giving you that message. The drive itself doesn't recognize the medium even though it is present.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Thanks Jeffbr that's most likely the problem

Ive definitely burnt dvds before but not bluray.

CAN confirm I have blank bluray disks in there tho.

Can I download a bluray burner or do I need to buy one and have it installed?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    DonJon said:

Thanks Jeffbr that's most likely the problem

Ive definitely burnt dvds before but not bluray.

CAN confirm I have blank bluray disks in there tho.

Can I download a bluray burner or do I need to buy one and have it installed?

No. That's hardware. You have to buy and install. It will cost you 60-90 bucks, somewhere in that range. If you get one, be sure it has BD-R along with dual layer DVD-R/+ capability. And honestly, you don't need to pay someone to do it. It's literally a 10 minute job. Just be sure it either comes with a SATA cable, or buy one.
  • Options
    Hey everyone, Spokane is now out for your viewing pleasure! Enjoy the show!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZmJ1PFXUOJs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmJ1PFXUOJs
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    ^^^ Wow! YAY!!! Thank-you!!

Aaagh, maybe I am going to have to learn how to burn these to DVD & download programs etc. :-/
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    morello said:

Aaagh, maybe I am going to have to learn how to burn these to DVD & download programs etc. :-/

It's super easy as long as you have the hardware. If you have a BD-R burner that also have DVD DL capabilities, you are golden. Maybe I should post a tutorial at some point on how to download a torrent and burn it.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

morello said:

It's super easy as long as you have the hardware. If you have a BD-R burner that also have DVD DL capabilities, you are golden. Maybe I should post a tutorial at some point on how to download a torrent and burn it.
    Ya lost me at "If you have a BD-R burner........."

I just hate downloading programs coz you always end up with all sorts of other shit in your computer, next thing you know you're getting pop ups every 5 seconds(like I am atm even after installing a pop-up blocker) & then there's the whole will it be in a format my blu-ray player can play etc etc....

I don't know what a "BD-R burner" is. I've heard of CD burners & DVD burners but BD-R? My computer of course has some kind of burner, CD or DVD not sure.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    I'm asking if you have a blu ray burner. On the front of it, it should show the types of burns it does.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,939
    BD-R burner = Blu-ray Disc Recordable burner

Looks like one of these ..

• Options
    ^^ Oh, ok thanks. No pretty sure I don't have a blu-ray burner.
    <hr>
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    This was a great show as was Seattle but I still cant get over f'in SPOKANE.
    thanks for the show
  • Options
    morello said:

^^ Oh, ok thanks. No pretty sure I don't have a blu-ray burner.

What kind of burner do you have? Can you see anything on it, or tell me the model? There are plenty of shows out there in DVD format.

• Options
    Hmmm, ah, I have no idea. It says LG super multi on the front of the CD/DVD drawer thing.
    <hr>
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,939
    morello said:

Hmmm, ah, I have no idea. It says LG super multi on the front of the CD/DVD drawer thing.

You would need one of these .. http://www.shopbot.co.nz/blu-ray-burners/storage/new-zealand/711

The LG's are what I recommended.

• Options
    amazing. Can't wait to watch the full show
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    I'll probably check this out when I get back to Perth.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    I've already watched it twice. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mr_perfectmr_perfect Posts: 146
    i downloaded the files onto a usb drive and play it perfectly with a wd-live. no burning to a disk involved....
  • Options
    monkeewrenchmonkeewrench Posts: 946
    What's the story on the audio with this release? Seems cranked way up and is really distorted.
  • Options
    Did you use IMGBurn or did you mount it with a virtual drive? I have it open in DVDA right now and it sounds fine. It's the same version that's out on YT.
  • Options
    monkeewrenchmonkeewrench Posts: 946
    Yes, IMGBurn and have compared it to other DVDs I have which sound great, like AP's version of Charlottesville with HD audio that sounds crystal clear.
  • Options
    I didn't do this version, but I know it was done in 24 bit so I'm not sure why you are having the issue. No one else has said anything but I would like to hear about it if they did so I can get it back to the author.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    Sounds just fine on YouTube.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thanks to Jean in Amsterdam for creating artwork for the show. Really great job.
    http://s1200.photobucket.com/user/mrussell72/media/2013vancouver.jpg.html

photo 2013vancouver.jpg
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    OMG I want, I want, I want soooo much!! Very cool!!
    <hr>