Options

Petition for 2015 Canadian Tour, because Pearl Jam fucking loves Canada

Comments

• Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,844
    September 2015, to tie in with the Toronto Film Festival (again) would be amazing.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    did i see the who on tour next october? hehehe PJ and the Who on stage doing a couple songs?

dang eh
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

Nami said:

Nami said:

Nami said:

i suppose....and yes SS, ontario. may i suggest, London, Kitchener, Hamilton, and two final shows in TO... not alot to ask :P

but they have to hit the atlantic provinces too this time, and you forgot Thunder Bay, lol
    lol.... maybe time to go home for a rest... Newfieland!
    yeah those St John's tickets will be impossible to get if they go back
    just like any other 10C lotto draw i guess...lol just my fucking luck i lose again. LOL
    well Ontario is Pearl Jam country, but you have to keep trying plus you can always find 2 people who have singles and whichever one has the worst ticket you trade them your better one, and that is a way to get 2 good seats, people always have singles

Yeah im sure I will be lucky get at least one in through the draw then buy a couple through TM etc..
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    Bump, and if they add Regina to the tour that would be okay, for the guy who is leading the one man charge :)>-
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    in sports news north of the border, congratulations to the Calgary Stampeders on their 7th Grey Cup and the 2014 CFL champions
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,880
    Not a fan of the CFL. Until they put one Atlantic Canadian team in the franchise, I might give a damn. Till then, the CFL sucks!
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,474
    demetrios said:

Not a fan of the CFL. Until they put one Atlantic Canadian team in the franchise, I might give a damn. Till then, the CFL sucks!

=))
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    demetrios said:

like the Halifax Hitmen?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    St . John's Fish Mongers.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    With The Headstones opening, with Hugh coming out during the encore to sing Sonic Reducer. I would shit myself.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 894

Nami said:

Nami said:

i suppose....and yes SS, ontario. may i suggest, London, Kitchener, Hamilton, and two final shows in TO... not alot to ask :P

but they have to hit the atlantic provinces too this time, and you forgot Thunder Bay, lol
    lol.... maybe time to go home for a rest... Newfieland!
    yeah those St John's tickets will be impossible to get if they go back
    They could easily sell out 3 shows in St.John's
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Options
    northcountrygirlnorthcountrygirl Montréal, Canada Posts: 136
    Count me in...Montréal, Toronto, Ottawa, Québec City.....and some US dates close by like Hartford, Boston...The 2005 tour was a loooooong time ago it seems! Sigh. Need to hear Lightning Bolt live (heard some of it in Hamilton but that was like a rehearsal).
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,880
    BLACK35 said:

demetrios said:

=))
    It's true. I see them push the awful franchise on every single channel the past few day's here locally. I'm here like "WHY? Why should we care? There's not even a Canadian team here east of Montreal in the CFL. Who cares!?!" The Grey Cup was horrible. They didn't even sell out. CTV & CBC the past few day's were broadcasting news of scalpers & fan's that couldn't make it to the game who had $200+ dollar tickets that couldn't even sell them. Nobody was interested. They would take a huge lose & sell them for under $30 bucks. lol.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    Well to be fair that's because it was the stampeders and the ti-cats playing. Stamps suck and the ti-cats don't have the most hard core following.

Mostly because the stamps suck!
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

BLACK35 said:

demetrios said:

=))
    It's true. I see them push the awful franchise on every single channel the past few day's here locally. I'm here like "WHY? Why should we care? There's not even a Canadian team here east of Montreal in the CFL. Who cares!?!" The Grey Cup was horrible. They didn't even sell out. CTV & CBC the past few day's were broadcasting news of scalpers & fan's that couldn't make it to the game who had $200+ dollar tickets that couldn't even sell them. Nobody was interested. They would take a huge lose & sell them for under $30 bucks. lol.
    yeah, I found the game itself to be quite boring. And I was drinking. LOL. the unfortunate part of it is, as was stated, with Hamilton in it, there was no buzz. Had it been Toronto or Montreal, then yeah, they would have had asses in the seats. it's pretty tough to sell out BC Place too, though. It holds 60,000 plus, does it not?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ThePedroThePedro Posts: 330
    Saskatoon please!
    "Is it just me or is common sense not that common anymore"
  • Options
    Canadians are fucking cool
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    BC Canadians are especially radical dudes and dudettes.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    got to love a country whose national foods are Tim Horton's and poutine, both of which are pretty fucking delicious, this coming from an American, although if I had the chance to live in Canada I probably would
  • Options
    edited December 2014

got to love a country whose national foods are Tim Horton's and poutine, both of which are pretty fucking delicious, this coming from an American, although if I had the chance to live in Canada I probably would

just don't eat the McDonald's version of poutine. it is vomit-inducing. they know how to do it in Montreal, obviously. they BAKE IT. it's a fucking french fry/cheese/gravy casserole. it is unbelievable. even Ed would eat it.

sometimes I get the shakes if I haven't had a Tim's in too long. I can stay in my warm house and make my own coffee on a Saturday morning, but I choose to go outside in -45 celcius and drive 5 minutes to get it.

bloody ridiculous.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

but especially Friendly Manitobans. :)

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

just don't eat the McDonald's version of poutine. it is vomit-inducing. they know how to do it in Montreal, obviously. they BAKE IT. it's a fucking french fry/cheese/gravy casserole. it is unbelievable. even Ed would eat it.

sometimes I get the shakes if I haven't had a Tim's in too long. I can stay in my warm house and make my own coffee on a Saturday morning, but I choose to go outside in -45 celcius and drive 5 minutes to get it.

bloody ridiculous.

they got this one kind with sliced up hot dogs and mushrooms which you might think is gross but is really fucking amazing
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,017
    I'd like this to happen, but doubt it will on 2015. The 2005 rumours stated in January and I first heard about the 2011 shows in December 2010 and rumours started picking up steam in February that year.

If there's any North American shows next year I think it will be centred around Bonaroo and Lolla and maybe they get up to Toronto and/or Montreal.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Ryan said:

I'd like this to happen, but doubt it will on 2015. The 2005 rumours stated in January and I first heard about the 2011 shows in December 2010 and rumours started picking up steam in February that year.

If there's any North American shows next year I think it will be centred around Bonaroo and Lolla and maybe they get up to Toronto and/or Montreal.

I'm in for shows in Montreal & Toronto...
    but would probably pass on any festival dates!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    well there have been rumors of a South American tour and every time they have toured SA they have also toured Canada, and Eddie loves him some Canadians
  • Options

well there have been rumors of a South American tour and every time they have toured SA they have also toured Canada, and Eddie loves him some Canadians

he does? why? I mean, he always says that at shows, but I always assumed he was just placating to the local crowd.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

he does? why? I mean, he always says that at shows, but I always assumed he was just placating to the local crowd.

well he really appreciated the Canadian support in Detroit, and listening to the boots from any Canadian show it really seems that he has a special fondness, above and beyond placating the local crowd, having said that it seems that the band is really trying to savor each show they play since they will probably not play more than 30 shows in a year for the foreseeable future, so there is much more of a connection with the crowds and cities, of course they are playing 45 minute longer sets too, lol
  • Options

Canadians are fucking cool

Both statements are very accurate :)

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Been listen to the fall tour boots and Ed keeps saying that it makes the room sound better because of all the banners. I'd say that's a pretty strong argument for them to play at the Bell Centre in Montreal....pretty sure they have more banners than anywhere else :D

Also if they could play during the season so I can see my Habs play at home and see PJ within a few days of each other I would be so happy.

• Options
    here is a picture of that poutine with the mushrooms and hot dogs, amazing