Options

Pearl Jam Fall 2014 US Tour

Comments

• Options
    EvnfloEvnflo Johns Island SC Posts: 33
    GA Standing! Thanks 10 club! I'm more stoked than a Rastafarian chimney!
    Remember back, the early days, When you were young, and thus amazed, suddenly the channel changed the first time you saw blood.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,473

http://www.bandsintown.com/PearlJam?came_from=198

CHECK THIS OUT!!!
    Oct 09 Pinnacle Bank Arena Lincoln, NE Tickets & More...
    Oct 10 Pinnacle Bank Arena Lincoln, NE
    THIS IS VERY INTERESTING!!! It does make sense though since they will pry play Austin on Sunday and dont have to be in Memphis until Tuesday. I'm sure this is wrong or it hasn't been announced yet but how fortunate "The Fly Over State" would be if this happened. Just giving you all a heads up that their could be a "second show"...doubt it though.

Think they play 3 nights in-a-row?
  • Options
    DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    Doubtful
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • Options
    bbandit99bbandit99 Iowa Posts: 2
    Made my 8 year old one happy kid. He's been waiting 4 years for a show. Moline hear we come!!
  • Options
    MonstergirlMonstergirl MPLS Posts: 15
    I am in need of two tix to st.paul. For a couple friends.
    Roy Wilkins Arena St.Paul MN Nov 30 1991
    Summerfest Milwaukee, WI- Jul 08, 1995,
    San Diego Sports Arena San Diego, CA - Nov 06, 1995,
    Savage Hall Toledo OH- Sep 22, 1996,
    Target Center Mpls, MN - Jun 30, 1998,
    Lakewood Amphitheatre ATL, GA - Sep 01, 1998,
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre WI - Oct 08, 2000,
    Xcel Energy Center St.Paul MN - Jun 16, 2003,
    Xcel Energy Center St. Paul MN- Jun 26, 2006,
    Xcel Energy Center St. Paul MN - Jun 27, 2006,
    E.V. Orpheum Theater MPLS, MN - July 2, 2011,
    MTS Center Winnipeg, ON Sept 17th 2011,
    Adams Center Missoula,MT September 30th 2012,
    Wrigley Field Chicago, IL July 10,2013
    iWireless Center Moline,IL October 17 2014,
    Xcel Energy Center St.Paul, MN, October 19 2014,
    American Airlines Arena Miami, FL April 09 2016
    Bon Secours Center Greenville, SC April 16 2016
    Canadian Tire Center Ottawa, ON Canada May 8 2016
  • Options
    WimstaWimsta Posts: 25
    I see a couple posts from folks in Alabama that are interested in the Memphis show, its too early for me to say but if my GF can't get the time off, I may have an extra and a car pool.
  • Options
    mandm621mandm621 moran, mi Posts: 93
    jonsey30 said:

A lot of first timers it seems. This time last year I was getting ready for my first show as well, I know the feeling. Have fun everyone!

• Options
    It's my first time too, although I've been a fan since the beginning, kinda lost my way over the years,(I'm the same age as matt Cameron) then one day in December, our one and only "rock" station, which throws some new songs on, and alternative rock, played Sirens. I kept missing who the band was, but I knew that voice! Makes me vibrate inside. So I came home and went to youtube. I couldn't believe it was Pearl Jam!!!! Freakin awesome song, specially if you are of a certain age. Well needless to say, I've watched and listened to everything I can find on PJ at youtube!!!! I think Eddies voice has gotten even better, if that's possible, over the years. He writes the most wonderful lyrics. Wonderful storyteller. I can't wait for October to drive down to Detroit to see them, even though Detroit scares the hell out of me, nothing will keep me away from seeing these guys, before I die!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    mandm621 said:

I can't wait for October to drive down to Detroit to see them, even though Detroit scares the hell out of me, nothing will keep me away from seeing these guys, before I die!

Don't be scared. Michiganders are wonderful people.

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    mandm621 said:

It's my first time too, although I've been a fan since the beginning, kinda lost my way over the years,(I'm the same age as matt Cameron) then one day in December, our one and only "rock" station, which throws some new songs on, and alternative rock, played Sirens. I kept missing who the band was, but I knew that voice! Makes me vibrate inside. So I came home and went to youtube. I couldn't believe it was Pearl Jam!!!! Freakin awesome song, specially if you are of a certain age. Well needless to say, I've watched and listened to everything I can find on PJ at youtube!!!! I think Eddies voice has gotten even better, if that's possible, over the years. He writes the most wonderful lyrics. Wonderful storyteller. I can't wait for October to drive down to Detroit to see them, even though Detroit scares the hell out of me, nothing will keep me away from seeing these guys, before I die!

I love these stories of rediscovery! I hope you enjoy your Detroit show!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    I know I will enjoy the hell out of the show!!! lol, Almost seen them I think in 2006 in Grand Rapids, Michigan, but life got in the way. I live 6 hours north, in the U.P. Last time I was in Detroit was about 17 years ago. I live in the sticks, big cities tend to make me nervous but I'm not letting nothing stop me this time!!!! Watch out Detroit!!! the Yooper's are coming lol !
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    mandm621 said:

My Sisters fiance' (sp).... discovered them bout 2 years ago... it was the coolest thing...
    he's 47 now....and I'm not kidding you,... he's become a complete fanatic...Van Halen has been his band since the late 70's and I mean,...VH has always been his band and will forever be....
    but its great to see him and hear him talk so much bout Pearl Jam...He paid top dollar to see VH at Madison sq Garden in NY 2 years ago...but now has seen 2 PJ shows and quickly admits...there is no comparison....like you mentioned...Eds voice may be getting better...
    It's been so cool watching him learn their massive catalog...which I'd say he's knows bout 70%
    He still has Binaural, Riot Act and the Avacodo yet to discover but does know a song or 2 off of them... It's just been a cool ride and I'm glad to have another soon to be family member to go to shows with...and Jam with on the weekends....Fucking PJamming....We had people over last weekend drinking,...and finally he said bout 930....WTF?? bust out the PJ music...so, we jammed the next 3 hours...and pretty much didn't care of the rest of our company that was there to get drunk and socialize....On my new TV/sound system... I actually threw in the 2000 touring band dvd... then I sent him home with the..."bring in back in a few months" What a great night....brought back my weekends of when I was in my teens-20's... shit, sorry, I'm officially rambling.....

• Options
    Peyton18Peyton18 Posts: 216
    I have a question for 10c members! I was lucky enough to win GA tickets this year. My question is for those who may have ever won the same kind of tickets. What time did will call open and how long was the line at the door to get in after you received your tickets? Just wondering what to expect on the day of the show. I would definitely like to get somewhat close to the stage if I can. Thanks
  • Options
    GirlLovesPJGirlLovesPJ New Jersey Posts: 1,034
    edited June 2014
    Peyton18 said:

I have a question for 10c members! I was lucky enough to win GA tickets this year. My question is for those who may have ever won the same kind of tickets. What time did will call open and how long was the line at the door to get in after you received your tickets? Just wondering what to expect on the day of the show. I would definitely like to get somewhat close to the stage if I can. Thanks

Congrats on winning the tickets! :)

If I remember correctly, the will call opened at 2:30pm for most leg 1 shows last fall (don't know about leg 2).

GA lines are pretty long, so if you want to be close to the stage, you have to line up before the will call opens and just leave the line for a few minutes after 2:30pm to get your tickets. No one will give you grief about it, as long as you're not gone for too long. Based on my experience, arriving at noon will typically give you anywhere between the 2nd to 5th "row" center in the pit, but of course it can vary from show to show. I hope this helps.
    Post edited by GirlLovesPJ on
    2012: Philadelphia, Atlanta
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Worcester 1 & 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Oslo, Gdynia, Leeds, Cincinnati, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2015: New York City, Mexico City
    2016: Miami, Columbia, New York City 2, Quebec City, Chicago 2
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2
    2022: New York City 2, Camden
    2023: St. Paul 1 & 2, Chicago 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    melbatoastmelbatoast Posts: 17
    Hello PJammers! I was one if the few who didn't get Denver tix through the lottery, niether sitting nor standing. So I bought 2 seated tickets the second they went on sale. Does anyone who won GA standing wanna trade for good seats? They are section 114, row 19, seats 9 and 10.
  • Options
    GirlLovesPJ thanks! That's very helpful
  • Options
    jaycabicjaycabic Posts: 15
    mandm621 said:

I know I will enjoy the hell out of the show!!! lol, Almost seen them I think in 2006 in Grand Rapids, Michigan, but life got in the way. I live 6 hours north, in the U.P. Last time I was in Detroit was about 17 years ago. I live in the sticks, big cities tend to make me nervous but I'm not letting nothing stop me this time!!!! Watch out Detroit!!! the Yooper's are coming lol !

im comin down from petoskey,my first show too!!!
  • Options
    warsummwarsumm Posts: 80
    mandm621 said:

LOLZ....chill, dude. You'll be fine...

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    jaycabic said:

mandm621 said:

I love Petoskey, your stones are great!

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Does anyone know what necklace eddie wears all the time?
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    If I was heading to the US in October going by a Few Comments I would Choose Memphis or even Denver ;)
  • Options
    If you're going to Memphis then I'll see ya there!
  • Options
    jaycabicjaycabic Posts: 15
    CM189191 said:

jaycabic said:

mandm621 said:

I love Petoskey, your stones are great!

lol thanks hope to see ya in detroit!!
  • Options
    was just watching video of the guys at the viggo dome, and eddie looks like he's limping. Anyone know what happened?
  • Options
    radarradar Posts: 770
    edited June 2014
    He told a story yesterday that he tried to compete with Matt jumping on bikes. Matt jumped over 16 buses:) And Ed tried with 3 And fall. The moral is that you never gonna be as good as Matt
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,951
    I heard that he tried to smoke a joint in a tree, the wind rose up and set him down on his knee?
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    ebsebs auburn,al Posts: 9
    Wimsta said:

I see a couple posts from folks in Alabama that are interested in the Memphis show, its too early for me to say but if my GF can't get the time off, I may have an extra and a car pool.

I'd be in!!!
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,473
    Spags said:

I heard that he tried to smoke a joint in a tree, the wind rose up and set him down on his knee?

HAHAHAHA>Good one.

• Options
    If any member or employee of Pearl Jam should read this could you please play Black Red and Yellow when they come to Detroit this fall? lol, (can't hurt to ask lol) Thanks!!
  • Options
    alizmializmi Baltimore...MD Posts: 196

Peyton18 said:

Congrats on winning the tickets! :)

If I remember correctly, the will call opened at 2:30pm for most leg 1 shows last fall (don't know about leg 2).

GA lines are pretty long, so if you want to be close to the stage, you have to line up before the will call opens and just leave the line for a few minutes after 2:30pm to get your tickets. No one will give you grief about it, as long as you're not gone for too long. Based on my experience, arriving at noon will typically give you anywhere between the 2nd to 5th "row" center in the pit, but of course it can vary from show to show. I hope this helps.
    GirlLovesPJ is my ACE in the hole!! Couldn't have asked for a better mate for Cincy! Enjoy Europe!