Options

St Louis 10 -3-14

Comments

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

W.M.A. will be played for sure.

Good call... I'm thinking this will happen too!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    I have a feeling it will be an Angry setlist... Which could be awesome
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,173
    things have settled down here. i think ed will read up on what is happening here before making the setlist. if they announce that the grand jury has decided not to charge the cop with killing mike brown, ed could possibly incite a riot with an angry setlist. that whole scenario is a powder keg.

that said, i have a feeling it is going to be an amazing night.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mattcoz said:

Rain falls from the sky, drains into the Mississippi River, empties into the Gulf of Mexico, which is connected to the Atlantic Ocean...

Oceans as the opener, confirmed!

we had oceans opener in 1998. would be cool to have it again. but i gotta go with release. every time i have seen them start with release it has been an incredible set.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    CB6978 said:

Suggestions for a sports bar or other good place to watch games on Thursday night, near Busch Stadium? (Within a mile or two would be fine).

In that same general area, what is the can't-miss place for STL BBQ?

watch the game at ballpark village. it is pretty awesome there. plus it is right next to the stadium. you can go inside the game from the 7th inning on without tickets during regular season games. we have done that a lot over the years.

• Options
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,478
    SD48277 said:

Looks like it is going to rain the night of the show...do you think the band will open with Wash?

No worries about the weather, they can't tell what it will do 2 days from now, let alone next week lol
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    derbydave said:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,538
    Every morning I wake up, and every morning I check this thread. Every morning I like the number that I see just a little bit more than the day before.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903

things have settled down here. i think ed will read up on what is happening here before making the setlist. if they announce that the grand jury has decided not to charge the cop with killing mike brown, ed could possibly incite a riot with an angry setlist. that whole scenario is a powder keg.

that said, i have a feeling it is going to be an amazing night.

I highly doubt the protestors in ferguson will have any clue what set list will be played let alone who pearl jam is.
    8 days. Wow, so pumped !!!!

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Gibson said:

Every morning I wake up, and every morning I check this thread. Every morning I like the number that I see just a little bit more than the day before.

Your not the only one !!!!

The build up to a tour when it gets this close is such a great feeling. Everytime !!
  • Options
    Never get tired of the feeling of the tour getting close. Amazing. I just have a odd feeling it will be an off the beaten path opener something like Present Tense. But that being said I hope Release.
  • Options

Never get tired of the feeling of the tour getting close. Amazing. I just have a odd feeling it will be an off the beaten path opener something like Present Tense. But that being said I hope Release.

Present Tense was the opener in STL in 2003 I think. It was awesome!
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    CooterCooter Posts: 153
    My openers thus far (in order):
    Wash
    Sometimes
    Long Road
    Interstellar Overdrive/Corduroy
    Release
    Oceans
    Oceans
    Oceans
    Release

So, for my "10 Club" show, if you're a betting man/woman, the odds on favorite will be Oceans.

• Options
    I hope the surprisingly large number of people who have yet to hear Release get to hear it. It never disappoints me as an opener. That said, Present Tense can be a terrific opener. PT can potentially be great anywhere in a show.
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165

I hope the surprisingly large number of people who have yet to hear Release get to hear it. It never disappoints me as an opener. That said, Present Tense can be a terrific opener. PT can potentially be great anywhere in a show.

I've heard Release 5 times, 3 of my last 5 shows, but never Oceans. Give me Oceans! Not that there's anything wrong with Release, some of my favorite shows opened with Release. I love Present Tense as well, always a highlight but I've never heard it as an opener.
  • Options
    Ok how about long road/release/oceans to open? All have a D chord in them...actually all end and start with a d....easy transition.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Ok how about long road/release/oceans to open? All have a D chord in them...actually all end and start with a d....easy transition.

Now that's some analysis.
    =D>

Openers in order
    Of the Girl
    Release
    Release
    Severed Hand
    Why Go
    Long Road
    Hard To Imagine
    Sometimes
    Release
    Release
    Wash
    Release

Would love to hear oceans and I think Present Tense as an opener like 03 would be an awesome twist.
  • Options
    CooterCooter Posts: 153
    mcgruff10 said:

Throw "Of the Girl" (selfishly still wanting to hear it live) at the end and that's a great four song start in my book
  • Options
    PapaljuicePapaljuice Jacksonville Posts: 502
    edited September 2014
    I would love to hear them open up with Inside Job.
    Pearl Jam - ST. PETERSBURG, FL 3-29-94 / WEST PALM BEACH, FL 9-22-98 / TAMPA, FL 8-12-00 / CHARLOTTE, NC 10/30/13 / ST. LOUIS, MO 10-03-2014 / TAMPA, FL 4-11-16 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 4-13-16
    Eddie Vedder - JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/24/12 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/25/12 / ORLANDO, FL 11-28-12
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,071
    Anybody still need a room the night of the show? I can transfer the reservation I have at the Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites since I am not going anymore. PM me.
  • Options
    Staying at Crown Plaza and driving in on Friday morning from Chicago. Should we drive to the show from there, walk, get a cab? Never been to St Louis but very excited to visit
    "Many people don't know what their life is worth. I do....70 Grand!"
  • Options
    HILDEHILDE Posts: 130
    ISO 1 or 2 tickets for this show. Can anyone help. I'm coming from the MIL area so if anyone is coming to the area for the show here, well...
  • Options
    the best opener i have seen was in phoenix lasy year where they played long road first and release second. i was really shocked by that. made my night though :)

• Options
    ST. LOUIS SHOW IN
    DAYS...
    THAT'S JUST

WEEK FROM TONIGHT!!!

• Options
    Every morning I check this thread; derbydave you rule. One week!!!!!!!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Every morning I check this thread; derbydave you rule. One week!!!!!!!

Just too darn EXCITED to get this tour going...
    It's gonna be a GREAT time seeing my favorite band,
    AND I get to hang out with some of my BEST friends!!!
    Hope that our paths cross at some point on this tour too buddy...
    I always look forward to meeting the folks I've met on the boards!!
    :-bd

• Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,538
    The funny thing is that I forget there is a show before STL!!
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Wow ! One Week !!
    Don't know if I can take it
  • Options
    RhinoJamRhinoJam Raleighwood Posts: 593
    Can't wait! - - Would love to hear a Long Road/Oceans/Release/Of the Girl/Inside Job opener! - - Still have yet to get Oceans live, this will be my 15th show... c'mon guys!
    Charlotte 10/4/96 Raleigh 8/31/98 Charlotte 8/4/00 Raleigh 4/15/03 Asheville 10/6/04
    Bonnaroo 6/14/08 Spectrum 10/30/09 Spectrum 10/31/09 Atlanta 9/22/12 Wrigley 7/19/13
    Baltimore 10/27/13 Charlottesville 10/29/13 Charlotte 10/30/13 OKC 11/16/13
    St. Louis 10/03/14 Greenville 4/16/16 Hampton 4/18/16
    Columbia 4/21/16 Wrigley 8/18/18