Options

Mystery Box/Posters/Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    I agree that the boxes are worth well more then the $75 bucks you paid for it, when you consider the original price of those items and not only their current values. At current values i would still be surprised if anyone really got less than $75 of merch. I do agree that some got MUCH better boxes than others though!
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    any idea on the shipping cost? and also how much does it cost to ship the poster tubes?
    thank you for your help

i am going to guess its probably 3.5-4 lbs without the poster tube as they were 4.5-5.0 with the tube. depends on the specifics as everyone's haul was different.
    USPS is probably the cheapest no matter what the weight.

To the members that obtained the Mystery Box in round 1. I wanted to know the approximate weight of the contents without the poster tubes. Since, my friend from USA will be shipping me the contents of the Mystery box to Australia. What are the cheapest shipping option?

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,706
    RP112579 said:

Bissy77 said:

Hopefully this works, I got this in my box. I found a picture of it online as I didn't know how else to post it. Was pretty happy with it.

I'd kill to get that in the box I ordered!
    I would say that after wearing this for nigh on 5 years almost daily (dog walking jacket) the message on the hoodie is one of lies :)

That said my favourite ever hoodie. Love it
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    Mystery Boxes are still available in the GOODS section. I wonder if they'll open it up again to members who had previously purchased? A lot of people have expressed interest in doing it again.
  • Options
    Don't quote me as i don't work for the USPS (lol) but here is what i got on usps.com doing an estimation:

4 lb package from Chicago to Australia- sent First Class International
    (size restrictions: Max. length 24", max length, height and depth (thickness) combined 36")
    $38.95 USD

THere is only 1 tube and both posters are in there. i have sent tubes to Australia before and it has cost me around $20 each.

any idea on the shipping cost? and also how much does it cost to ship the poster tubes?
    thank you for your help

i am going to guess its probably 3.5-4 lbs without the poster tube as they were 4.5-5.0 with the tube. depends on the specifics as everyone's haul was different.

To the members that obtained the Mystery Box in round 1. I wanted to know the approximate weight of the contents without the poster tubes. Since, my friend from USA will be shipping me the contents of the Mystery box to Australia. What are the cheapest shipping option?

Makes much more sense...

2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990

It would be interesting to see what people get their mystery box to turn into once the trades are all said and done.

2 trades complete
    4 In the mail
    2 more at least, hopefully.
  • Options
    Does anyone wonder or have we ever been exposed to what the Merch center looks like. I bet it is like Willy Wonka.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623

Does anyone wonder or have we ever been exposed to what the Merch center looks like. I bet it is like Willy Wonka.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225

Santos leading a crew of Oompa Loompas?

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    RC153010RC153010 Posts: 864
    a5pj said:

after all the whining after the first bunch sold out so quick I think it's kinda pathetic that these are still up for sale in the shop today...

Bc people are seeing what other people got now. Therefore, they are not going to buy now.

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    RC153010 said:

a5pj said:

after all the whining after the first bunch sold out so quick I think it's kinda pathetic that these are still up for sale in the shop today...

Bc people are seeing what other people got now. Therefore, they are not going to buy now.

That, and I imagine they are offering more due to the demand in a stunning reversal of the usual policy. Hahaha
  • Options
    Now they don't want to pay the hundred bucks. Will be open to everyone soon.
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    RC153010 said:

a5pj said:

After getting what I got, I would certainly NOT pay nearly $100 for another one...
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    I think it is great the everyone that wants one gets a chance -- although in some sizes they may have sold out on this batch already.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    edited June 2014

Don't quote me as i don't work for the USPS (lol) but here is what i got on usps.com doing an estimation:

4 lb package from Chicago to Australia- sent First Class International
    (size restrictions: Max. length 24", max length, height and depth (thickness) combined 36")
    $38.95 USD

THere is only 1 tube and both posters are in there. i have sent tubes to Australia before and it has cost me around $20 each.

thank you for your help

Yep Kellys right, I recently received a poster from USA to Australia and it was just under $20 in the tube. It had the postage price stamped on it. Good luck, the postage would have to be a lot cheaper than the $354 that 10club quoted me, but they were using a courier company not the normal post.
    Post edited by Natashapearljamfan on
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    edited June 2014
    Sorry double post

Post edited by Natashapearljamfan on
  • Options
    ....Shackles31........Shackles31.... Posts: 272
    edited June 2014
    Got my Mystery box size small.
    Items included:
    Shirts
    2007 Chicago surfboard cross black/red and Black Fixer Tee
    Posters
    Tom Tomorrow night Spectrum N3 and Australian surfing zombie
    Molson Hat
    Vinyl
    7" out of my mind/not for you GONE
    stickers:
    Johnny Guitar, Mariners/bandwagon, PJ world, Monkeywrench, Wrigley white GONE, PJ handshake, Calgary 2013, PH GONE, Binaural cover art, PJ20, Brad dog sticker, 3 fish,
    Post cards:
    Brad, benaroya hall
    Fixer bouncy ball and spaceman tatoo
    Wrigley Patch black with drumsticks GONE
    CDs
    NAIS, 2003 Birmingham, AL, Tres Mts, Brad

I am open to trades if anything interests you

Post edited by ....Shackles31.... on
  • Options
    Anyone have an extra out of mind and not for you vinyl for sale
  • Options
    PM sent, Shackles
    Makes much more sense...

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I was going to order one but decided to get a Men's Large or XL instead of gambling on the women's shirt sizing, but there was only S or M left by the time I got here. :(
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    loffy81loffy81 Posts: 153
    Travelar said:

Received a Large box for an international friend. While I won't post the contents until he's got it in his hands, the box was in sad shape when it arrived and as such, the flimsy ass poster tube was crushed right in the center of it. I don't think he's going to be able to overcome the amount of creases in the posters. The amount of love shown in packing this box was vastly different than the box that I received.

While there was some cool stuff in it, I wouldn't be able to move past the disappointment of the ruined posters.

It's all good man, you win some you loose some. Still pumped to see what's in there, thanks again for doing this mate your a legend!
  • Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    edited June 2014

Post edited by broloco on
  • Options
    robertstackarmyrobertstackarmy So. WI Posts: 681
    broloco said:

PM me if anyone wants to do some trading! The shirts are men's small.
    Looking for: Wrigley trading card pack, surfing gremlin sticker, tiki sticker, devil sticker, or any pins

What's the boot?
  • Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    Mansfield. Either one of the first two shows.. I cannot tell which one though! (I know it's not the epic 3 disc set). Back sticker only says "Mansfield" and some numbers that dont have to do with a date. Anyone know how to decipher?
  • Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    broloco said:

Mansfield. Either one of the first two shows.. I cannot tell which one though! (I know it's not the epic 3 disc set). Back sticker only says "Mansfield" and some numbers that dont have to do with a date. Anyone know how to decipher?

I had to google my Sydney E2K number on the back and was able to see it was the 2/14 and not the 2/13 show. Google the E2K #
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    In regards to other question, it was worth the $90 for all the merch we got. If you weren't fond or something you could always trade it to another 10C member who is willing to part with something from their box. I'll definitely be doing it again next year but may try to stay away from seeing pics of other boxes until mine arrives. Thanks Ten Club personnel who made my 2014 mystery box.
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    Wish they had a XXL Mystery box for guys. That said, I got one for my wife. Hopefully she will like hers!
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    finally got mine yesterday, won't really talk about it, got pretty much the same everyone else already posted, no big standouts.

all i will mention is my manchester flag has rust circles on it from the two metal hanging circles in the corners. rust circles on an all white flag.... sucks. just be cautious of this as i saw people asking for flag trades and what not for flags that weren't even taken out of the wrapping. so before coughing it up in a trade or accepting it in a trade, just make sure there is no rust on it from sitting in storage for a couple of years.
  • Options
    a470229a470229 Posts: 13
    edited June 2014
    My flag has rust on it too

:((

FYI tide pen doesn't work on it bummer
    Post edited by a470229 on
  • Options
    i googled ideas for getting rust out of fabric:

1- Lemon juice and steam: Spread the stained area over a pot of just-boiled water. Make sure the flame is off so you don't start a fire. Sprinkle lemon juice on the stain and let sit. After a few minutes, rinse the stain. Repeat as necessary.
    2- Lemon juice and salt: Lay the stained area over a pile of paper towels. Sprinkle with salt. Rub lemon juice into the stain. Let the saturated area sit in the sun, moistening the stain with lemon juice until it goes away.
    3- Cream of tartar: Boil a pot of two pints (about two liters) of water with six teaspoons cream of tartar. Remove the pot from the heat. Soak the stained garment in the hot liquid for an hour or two.
    4- Commercial rust remover If all else fails, use some commercial rust stain remover. Even if it costs a little extra money, it's almost guaranteed to work. Follow the directions carefully, as many rust removers are very toxic

When the stain is finally gone, run your clothes through the laundry, as usual
    Makes much more sense...