Options

what is your biggest Pearl Jam related regret- your action not theirs?

13»

Comments

• Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Cosmo said:

My take is this...
    Appreciate everything you've experienced, rather than the things that might have been.
    After all, who knows... maybe if you went to that show you regret missing... you might have been hit by a drunk driver on the way there. Just figure, things that happened in the past have gotten you to the present.

I wouldn't call them regrets. I have had an AWESOME run with PJ over the years and I wouldn't change a thing.

But that doesn't mean that I don't wish I had seen them before 1996. Life kept getting in the way (I was at camp when Lollapalooza came near me, then the 93/94/95 tours never came close enough, etc). I made up for lost time over the years, but I would like to have seen a handful of Dave A. shows. But regrets? Nah.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    edited May 2014
    Not going to Soldier Field after the Summerfest show in 1995.

Oh... not buying the stack of Alpine/United Center 1998 posters after the Chicago show was done. There were literately a stack of them!
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,651
    2 spring to mind.

1. Telling my buddy 'Nah, I will pass' in 1991 as a senior in high school when he asked if I wanted to go and see RHCP, Pumpkins and PJ. I knew the Chilis pretty well but was unfamiliar with the other 2 as of November 1991. Boy, did that change in a hurry. My biggest 'miss' of a concert ever. My buddy came back raving out Pearl Jam and they have been my favorite band from shortly thereafter.

2. Not paying the money and cancelling my plans to go and attend PJ20. Not sure why I didnt make the extra effort. It was inconvenient as hell, my wife didnt want to go, would have chewed up pto I didnt really have to give and I already had plans. All of that in the rear view mirror? I will forever kick myself for not saying 'f it' and just going.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    only after going to hawaii did my one main pj regret appear. seeing pj open for u2 there and then having pj close their tour in hawaii with little wing. sad i missed those 2 shows.
  • Options
    Born2JamBorn2Jam Posts: 255
    I'm happy to say, I have no PJ regrets. Not yet, anyway.....
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • Options
    nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    Not getting a 10C membership back in '98 when I thought of it . . . didn't think it mattered much back then. Man, my # would be great and I would have been super close to the stage through the 2000's! I didn't sign up until right before the '05 Canadian tour.
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Options
    rangers72rangers72 lockerbie.uk Posts: 143
    after seeing them in Glasgow in 2000,i vowed not see them again until they played Scotland again.that self imposed exile lasted till 2009!just as well as I don't think they will come back to Scotland.
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    Getting the email about Sevens and deciding to run a few errands and order it when I got home. Well, you all know what happened. I am still kicking myself about that!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861

Getting the email about Sevens and deciding to run a few errands and order it when I got home. Well, you all know what happened. I am still kicking myself about that!

I wouldn't worry, it was gone before people even got the e-mail, so you still would have been out of luck, Problem Solved! :-??
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    DuncsDuncs Posts: 423
    I have a couple.
    1. 1998 Bought tickets to the seattle 1 benefit show. I didn't have plane tickets to get there and back then all that expense to a 17 year old was huge and ended up cancelling going. Still think about not going even now and kick myself.
    2. Went to the Missoula show in 2003, met Mike before hand (awesome but not part of the regret story). After the show was on my way home driving in a 2003 GMC Yukon Denali and noticed a convoy of the same vehicles beside us on the highway. Jeff, with his window rolled down waves at us. I switch lanes and get in the middle of the convoy and start following them...they drive to the airport and through a gate....I should've stayed in the lineup and driven through the gate...
    Didn't have the balls to pull something like that off.
    3. Bought tickets to last years show in London, Ont...had to cancel last minute because of work changes that might becoming....changes never happened and I missed the show for nothing. Still upset about that one too.

oh well, c'est la vie
  • Options
    PJinILPJinIL satan's bed Posts: 431
    This is easy. Not getting the Dallas 95 poster at the show. Still looking for one, without having to sell a kidney :)

Always wish I'd gone to more shows, but who doesn't?
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    edited May 2014
    Oh this one is an easy one for me. August of 1993 Pearl Jam came to my City. I was 15. Me and a couple of buddies were all set to go to the show. One of the buddies said he would get our tickets cause he was going to lineup with his sister (these are the days were you had to camp out to get tickets).

I phoned him later to find out if we got good seats, his answer was something like, "yeah it didn't work out, we were only able to get tickets for my sister, brother, me and her friends."

Being 15, no way I could afford scalpers prices etc...

I forgave him, he was a groomsman in my wedding, but would have been a decent show to go to I think.
    Post edited by scurtis on
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    No regrets here at all ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....