Options

what is your biggest Pearl Jam related regret- your action not theirs?

hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,867
simple, post your biggest Pearl Jam regret based on a choice you made. Not something like The tour was cancelled, so and so left, I mean something you did PJ related you wish you never did!

Giving my tickets won through the lottery to Elliot Hall Of Music, Purdue University 3-171994 because I had tickets to Chicago Stadium, and my buddies didn't score any. So I gave them my pair.

I am glad I gave them a shot, but I missed one hell of a show, bomb threats, nice smaller venue....hindsight

SET 1
Wash
Animal
Go
Why Go
Deep
Jeremy
Glorified G
Black
Blood
Dissident
State Of Love And Trust
Even Flow
Tremor Christ
Daughter
Alive
Rearviewmirror
Not For You
Garden
Leash
Porch
ENCORE 1
Once
Rockin' In The Free World
Indifference

Comments

• Options
    spatspat Posts: 644
    I've been a fan pretty much since the beginning. my biggest regret is not going to see them live before the 2000 tour. first show was jones beach 8-24-00. why didn't i go to randalls island?? earlier msg shows from 98?? back when they were nuttsss
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    I'm most blessed with my seniority and a have a pretty decent ten club # but I still kick myself to this day for being a cheap SOB for a few years when I was in high school and then college in saving $5 a year waiting to join the 10c. Again, not complaining but damn I could have been really low # wise.
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    not getting shepperds bush ticket it was £200 roughly fucking touts
    danny d
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Not joining the club earlier.
  • Options
    narnianarnia Posts: 635
    edited May 2014
    This is an easy one for me, I've been kicking myself for more than 20 years! I bought seats on the floor for Bobfest at Madison Sq. Garden, 10/16/92. Eddie and Mike performed a masterful version of "Masters of War." After the show I exited next to the stage. I opened the staircase door and literally walked into Eddie and Mike! I was dumbstruck, I just stood there with my mouth open! They stopped to let me go ahead of them, and I was listening in to their conversation as we walked down the stairs. They were talking about the after-party they were heading to. I was dying to follow them, but it was after midnight and I had to get back home because my cousin was babysitting my son for me. I will never forgive myself for putting my maternal instincts ahead of my love for PJ, LOL!
    Post edited by narnia on
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,849
    not going to state college pa in 2000 i think. Friend had a ticket and asked if I wanted to go, I was like nah I'm already seeing them twice this tour...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Biggest regret of my life - not going to see them live until Wrigley. Had a chance to see them in November 1991 at a small club here in Ann Arbor, but bailed. I am an idiot! =((
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    Not seeing them live for so many years of course. I never should have let money and life get between me and their shows.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    Like the previous post...

I should have gone to Toronto 2, 2011 ...and the two-pack in 2006...and the FOUR (!!!!) shows in Southern Ontario in 2005!

Regret is what I get for kind of losing touch with the band for over a decade!
  • Options
    RansomPTDRansomPTD Posts: 295
    Not buying the vinyl when available.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    RansomPTD said:

Yeah, that's another big one for me... actually, just the act of switching from vinyl to stupid cassette tapes and later CDs is probably one of the stupidest things I've ever done in my life. I wish my mom had stopped me or something, lol.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Not going to the Grand Rapids show in 2006. I thought I wouldn't be able to go (work related) so I didn't buy tickets and it turned out that I could have gone. Damn.

I also wish that I had found a way to the Charlottesville show last year. I knew that would be the show of leg 1. I knew it...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,426
    Waiting until 1997 to join the fan club.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 382
    Had tickets to Charlotte and Greensboro, NC on the Binaural tour. Something came up with the girl I was dating at the time, family or her graduation or some damn thing and I bailed. Still regret it, after that I was cursed, I saw the band many times on the Riot Act/Avacado tours and didn't hear a SINGLE SONG from Binaural until Philly 3 in 2009. Almost a ten year curse! And I love the shit out of Binaural. I've missed other shows that I kick myself over, like Charlottesville, but having those tickets and not making it, that one will continue to sting.
  • Options
    RozbrRozbr Posts: 376
    Not going to the South América tour in 2005
  • Options
    RansomPTDRansomPTD Posts: 295
    PJ_Soul said:

RansomPTD said:

Yeah, that's another big one for me... actually, just the act of switching from vinyl to stupid cassette tapes and later CDs is probably one of the stupidest things I've ever done in my life. I wish my mom had stopped me or something, lol.

And I don't mean to trade or flip. At the time I was in college for No Code and later after I got out of college I just didn't pay attention to the vinyl. As for shows I don't really have any regrets. I've been pretty fortunate to have been at some pretty amazing shows.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    When I was walking outside of the seated area at Camden in 98 to go have a smoke. Ed had been in the crowd watching Mudhoney and I guess people started to notice and he had to leave. My girlfriend at the time, another friend and I came to the intersection at the same time as Ed. The only thing my dumbass could think of to say was "you're the fucking man!" He just turned and smiled and gave me the shaka sign. I think we were both startled a little, hahaha. Of all the things to say...yeah, that was it. X_X
  • Options
    mill070995mill070995 Wisconsin Posts: 28
    Not going to the 2003 Alpine Valley concert. Second would be not buying the Portland poster at the show.
    Milwaukee 7-9-95; East Troy 6-26-98; East Troy 10-8-00; Milwaukee 6-29-06; Milwaukee 6-30-06; East Troy 9-3-11; East Troy 9-4-11; Portland 11-29-13; Milwaukee 10-20-14; Chicago 8-22-16; Seattle 8-8-18; Seattle 8-10-18; Chicago 8-18-18
    (Ed) Milwaukee 8-19-08; Phoenix 11-4-12
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Not going up to the flooded out Cincy show & missing out on that poster
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    rummy said:

Like the previous post...

I should have gone to Toronto 2, 2011 ...and the two-pack in 2006...and the FOUR (!!!!) shows in Southern Ontario in 2005!

Regret is what I get for kind of losing touch with the band for over a decade!

I regret the same as you, losing touch with the band for over a decade. PJ20 brought me to my senses :D
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,516
    BeerBaron said:

Not going to the Grand Rapids show in 2006. I thought I wouldn't be able to go (work related) so I didn't buy tickets and it turned out that I could have gone. Damn.

I'm never going to let you live that one down.

My biggest regret was not getting hit by Matt Cameron. I was walking back to my hotel after the Benaroya Hall show along 6th Ave., the street was quiet and no one else was around. As I was approaching an intersection I was about to cross but hesitated as I heard the roar of an engine from up the road coming towards me. I waited to let the approaching car pull up to and proceed through the intersection rather than risk walking through and potentially getting creamed. Long story short: the car pulls up and stops, the driver looks me up and down, I look at him and realize it's Matt Cameron and before I could even open my mouth he drove through and disappeared. I tell myself getting taken out by Matt would have made for a great story but probably wasn't worth the hefty price tag.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:

BeerBaron said:

I'm never going to let you live that one down.

My biggest regret was not getting hit by Matt Cameron. I was walking back to my hotel after the Benaroya Hall show along 6th Ave., the street was quiet and no one else was around. As I was approaching an intersection I was about to cross but hesitated as I heard the roar of an engine from up the road coming towards me. I waited to let the approaching car pull up to and proceed through the intersection rather than risk walking through and potentially getting creamed. Long story short: the car pulls up and stops, the driver looks me up and down, I look at him and realize it's Matt Cameron and before I could even open my mouth he drove through and disappeared. I tell myself getting taken out by Matt would have made for a great story but probably wasn't worth the hefty price tag.
    I remember one day that I almost got hit by the entire PJ bus after the Benaroya Hall show. It was a scene to remember.
  • Options
    faithfullalefaithfullale Posts: 152
    Not going to enough live shows. First show was not until 1998 even though was blown away by ten album my first year of college and even more in love with band when vs came out. Many chances to see them going to school in Cleveland area but spent too many days smoking some good stuff that wasn't paying too much attention what else was going on. Probably one of the only few regrets I have to this point.
  • Options
    I dated a girl for seven years directly out of High School. She hated PJ. Two weeks before the inevitable end of the relationship, I dragged her to see the boys here in Chicago during the 2003 tour. For some reason, my messed up brain thought if I shared something that magical, and we shared it together, it would somehow mend our problems.

She pouted the whole time. Didn't stand once. Basically spent the show either texting, or with her arms crossed. It ruined the show for me. I agreed to leave early, to put her out of her misery.

Regret taking her altogether. Also regret leaving early.

That, and twice letting my membership lapse in the late 90's. Oh, and selling most of my vinyl for extra $$ when my wife's company closed.
  • Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    Not trying hard enough to get vinyl after LOTL. X_X
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    my record player was broken at the time, so I bought Benny Hall on cd. Ugh. :((
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    Not going to PJ20. what a sin!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    not buying pearl jam sevens i really want this one. The day it went on sale i started work early so it was still available i put it in my cart and thought fuck it ill buy it when i get home, that day i had a four hour shift got home jumped online immediately and it was gone. still pissed i coulda had it for retail price. now im going to have to purchase it for some crazy price
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,825
    Not signing up for the Ten Club right away when I bought Pearl Jam Ten on cassette tape the week they released the album @ my local K-Mart on Main Street. D'oh! I was only 12 year's old.
  • Options
    marilormarilor St Etienne, France Posts: 618
    narnia said:

This is an easy one for me, I've been kicking myself for more than 20 years! I bought seats on the floor for Bobfest at Madison Sq. Garden, 10/16/92. Eddie and Mike performed a masterful version of "Masters of War." After the show I exited next to the stage. I opened the staircase door and literally walked into Eddie and Mike! I was dumbstruck, I just stood there with my mouth open! They stopped to let me go ahead of them, and I was listening in to their conversation as we walked down the stairs. They were talking about the after-party they were heading to. I was dying to follow them, but it was after midnight and I had to get back home because my cousin was babysitting my son for me. I will never forgive myself for putting my maternal instincts ahead of my love for PJ, LOL!

So many regrets for me !
    1°) Not going to Milan 2014 because not enough money and have to pay for my daughter ! so I understand you...
    2°) I went to a concert with someone who doesn't like PJ at all... horrible experience
    3°) Not going to enough live shows.
    4°) Not going to EV solo concert.

I stop thinking about regrets because i'll find so many others ! :(
    "We were but stones, ...Your light made us stars"