GOOD QUALITY ASTORIA BOOT!! it's come!

PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=25398

This is an audience boot but of MUCH better quality than mine.

Thanks a billion times to whoever did it, I'll love you forever.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I can't open it, or any of these damn torrent things.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Unfortunately the PC I have access to isn't mine so I can't use torrent :(
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • shootenany!shootenany! Posts: 122
    I'm new to torrent or flac or any of this crazy space-age nonsense... when I click on the link, it looks like it's going to load the page, then says "paage cannot be displayed". Am I doing something wrong, or is the site just really busy and I need to keep trying?
    Thanks.
  • when you click what link? this one on the thread? or the one on the bt.etree.org site? If the latter, try right click save as. google for a torrent client, bittornado eg, and install it. Open the downlaoded file from etree with the torrent client.
    Then have patience, torrents mostly need some time to get running on proper speed.
    Meanwhile you can google on Flac codec, first hit, install it. The you can play flac files.

Oohh i'm soooooooo excited i cant wait till i have it (it'ss running now with only 20 kb/sec :/ ) Hail Hail the lucky ones i refer to those who manage to make a good quality astoria boot !! (or any boot for tht matter, i was verrry happy with yours as well pegasus. I just keeps getting better!!!:)
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    when you click what link? this one on the thread? or the one on the bt.etree.org site? If the latter, try right click save as. google for a torrent client, bittornado eg, and install it. Open the downlaoded file from etree with the torrent client.
    Then have patience, torrents mostly need some time to get running on proper speed.
    Meanwhile you can google on Flac codec, first hit, install it. The you can play flac files.

Oohh i'm soooooooo excited i cant wait till i have it (it'ss running now with only 20 kb/sec :/ ) Hail Hail the lucky ones i refer to those who manage to make a good quality astoria boot !! (or any boot for tht matter, i was verrry happy with yours as well pegasus. I just keeps getting better!!!:)

Its ok

mine is at 20kb too. It usually stays at 80 though :p
  • ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    I'm new to torrent or flac or any of this crazy space-age nonsense... when I click on the link, it looks like it's going to load the page, then says "paage cannot be displayed". Am I doing something wrong, or is the site just really busy and I need to keep trying?
    Thanks.

You need a program called bit torrent installed on your PC , and software to manage downloading the files.

http://www.bittorrent.com/

and

http://www.bitcomet.com/

You will need to read up a little on each site to get the gist of whats going on, but once you get used to this it will open up a new world of downloading opportunities, (legally only please ;) )
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
    APPRECIATE EVERYONES HELP

BUT SERIOUSLY GET THIS BTTORENT IS THE BEST ONE FOR STARTERS

ALL TRACKERS ARE COMPATIBLE UNLIKE BITCOMET, SOME ARE BANNED DUE TO LIKE

I would get AZERUES - this is very user friendly,

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/download.php
  • OK, so I'm getting these. After doing that, do I just go ahead and download the torrent?
    Chumfatty wrote:
    You need a program called bit torrent installed on your PC , and software to manage downloading the files.

http://www.bittorrent.com/

and

http://www.bitcomet.com/

You will need to read up a little on each site to get the gist of whats going on, but once you get used to this it will open up a new world of downloading opportunities, (legally only please ;) )
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

OK, so I'm getting these. After doing that, do I just go ahead and download the torrent?

noooo

get Azerues from the links above. You dont need both.

just download the torrent, then once its downloaded you just click open with and it will open up your client, choose where you want to save it and then bang

start downloading
  • Ah man, so I've downloaded that, and then downloaded the link. But now it's telling me this:

Windows cannot open this file.

To open this file, Windows needs to know what program created it.Windows can go online to look for it automatically, or... blah blah blah.

I don't get it.

I BrisK I wrote:
    noooo

get Azerues from the links above. You dont need both.

just download the torrent, then once its downloaded you just click open with and it will open up your client, choose where you want to save it and then bang

start downloading

Ah man, so I've downloaded that, and then downloaded the link. But now it's telling me this:

Windows cannot open this file.

To open this file, Windows needs to know what program created it.Windows can go online to look for it automatically, or... blah blah blah.

I don't get it.

ok well from thsi forum i cant do much.

but i can help you

open up azerues. go to where you saved the torrent, lets say you saved it to the desktop. Open up azerues and go to file > open > then just sleect the torrent file
  • OK you know what, it's happening :) So that's cool. But it's telling me it's gonna take 8 days to play. lol oh well... so be it. I guess I thought I'd be able to listen to straight away, but I guess not.

So a torrent is not 'the' file: just, like, a kind of 'gateway' to it? Like a zip?
    I BrisK I wrote:
    ok well from thsi forum i cant do much.

but i can help you

open up azerues. go to where you saved the torrent, lets say you saved it to the desktop. Open up azerues and go to file > open > then just sleect the torrent file

• PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    a torrent is a little file that gives info like the name of the file(s), some verification numbers that uniquely identitfy it/them and prevent corruption of the file at the same time, and the direction to a tracker, which itself list the IP addresses of everyone sharing that file.
    The program then manages the sharing of various bits of the file between everyone, like all other share programmes.

(someone correct me if I'm getting this wrong, I might)

So it's IMPORTANT that you keep the program open even after you've finished downloading (100%) as other people need you to get the file.
    at the very minimum until you're U/D Ratio (that's upload/download) is 1, which mean you gave as much as you took. I'm on 3 and counting.

When there's enough people sharing it can go VERY fast (depending on your bandwidth of course, with my 15Mb broadband, a CD takes about a quarter of an hour at full speed).

btw, there's nothing wrong with BitComet. uTorrent is also a good one.
    NO CLIENT IS FASTER THAN ANY OTHER CLIENT.
    If configured correctly, EVERY client will get MAX speed for that particular torrent, EVERY time.

Azureus used to have a memory leak issue where eventually it would bloat, now it doesn't. It's the most customizable, so I choose it as my personal choice.

Utorrent is GREAT for noobs, I find it seriously lacking for power users.

Bitcomet is a leech client, meaning it will connect to the same tracker multiple times from the same IP in an attempt to secure more speed (because trackers automatically moderate available bandwidth.) Many, MANY sites ban bitcomet for this reason.

Bitlord is now and has always been full of spyware and, in general, is nothing more than a bit of bloated crap. It's the only client that ever paid trackers to advertize it...now where do you think they get that money?

ABC is also very good.

The original BitTornado is also very good.

Anyway, my 2 cents? Azureus all the way. ALL the way.

PEACE.
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I BrisK I wrote:
    NO CLIENT IS FASTER THAN ANY OTHER CLIENT.
    If configured correctly, EVERY client will get MAX speed for that particular torrent, EVERY time.

Azureus used to have a memory leak issue where eventually it would bloat, now it doesn't. It's the most customizable, so I choose it as my personal choice.

Utorrent is GREAT for noobs, I find it seriously lacking for power users.

Bitcomet is a leech client, meaning it will connect to the same tracker multiple times from the same IP in an attempt to secure more speed (because trackers automatically moderate available bandwidth.) Many, MANY sites ban bitcomet for this reason.

Bitlord is now and has always been full of spyware and, in general, is nothing more than a bit of bloated crap. It's the only client that ever paid trackers to advertize it...now where do you think they get that money?

ABC is also very good.

The original BitTornado is also very good.

Anyway, my 2 cents? Azureus all the way. ALL the way.

PEACE.

I'm not talking speed I'm talking functions.
    And leech implies you're not giving back the bandwidth which has nothing to do with the way you say BitComet 'supposedly' works. There's a private tracker site I use that banned it for a few weeks, but they have long re-established it so whatever the problem was must have been resolved. Btw your statement on comet contradicts your first sentence.

The reason I prefer BitComet is a) it gives the choice of where to save (Azareus doesn't, not anyway if you click on the link from a site to open directly. Having to first save the torrent , then go to open the program, then select the torrent is a pain to me) and b) it has an auto-shutdown function when your ratio reaches whatever you decide (but has to be >1, so no leeching). Has I generally launch my downloads in the morning, I don't want to have my PC running all day for nothing.

If Azareus resolves those 2 I might go back to it, if only for RSS auto-download (but that's useless to me without the other 2).

So depending what you need to do with a client is how you choose it.
    Pegasus wrote:
    And leech implies you're not giving back the bandwidth which has nothing to do with the way you say BitComet 'supposedly' works. There's a private tracker site I use that banned it for a few weeks, but they have long re-established it so whatever the problem was must have been resolved. Btw your statement on comet contradicts your first sentence.

The reason I prefer BitComet is a) it gives the choice of where to save (Azareus doesn't, not anyway if you click on the link from a site to open directly. Having to first save the torrent , then go to open the program, then select the torrent is a pain to me) and b) it has an auto-shutdown function when your ratio reaches whatever you decide (but has to be >1, so no leeching). Has I generally launch my downloads in the morning, I don't want to have my PC running all day for nothing.

If Azareus resolves those 2 I might go back to it, if only for RSS auto-download (but that's useless to me without the other 2).

heheh i know man. I was kinda pointing it out to everyone who didn't know ;p

only 40 mins to go!

p.s its not mine, i got it of some forum hehehe
  • lastexitlastexit Posts: 257
    Pegasus wrote:

You most certainly can chose where you want to save a torrent with Azureus.
  • lastexitlastexit Posts: 257
    Pegasus wrote:

You most certainly can choose where you want to save a torrent with Azureus.
  • AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329
    lastexit wrote:
    You most certainly can choose where you want to save a torrent with Azureus.

yeah, i don't get this at all.

i download the torrent and double click, launching Azureus. Lazy me doesn't even have to bother with file, open and browsing for the damn thing. The torrent file is so small you can throw it on your desktop.

i love this damn program. its default port choices are good, it's default settings are great for noobs, and even though i didn't need the help, i recently saw instructions on their site for how to manage the various firewall programs.

As for ratio issue, that's being a good person. Not only that, believe it or not systems work better when you let them run. You just need to practice good PC hygenie by scanning and running active protection. Counterspy is outstanding. It's newest update recognizes Viewpoint. LOL I hate that fucking program because I never give permission to install it. It's a self installing POS.

Tell me, how many PCs have you come across that don't have Viewpoint?

Anyway, you're more likely to encounter a problem on boot up then at any other time ESPECIALLY if you are on the net downloading torrents. If so, you'd better be damned certain to scan thoroughly before you shut down. I can't tell you the problems I've dealt with in helping people who've used torrents and fucking shut down after downloading. OH DUH.

Rebooting to clear memory is an excellent idea and a good practice, but unless you're running software updates over a network, daily shut downs are over doing it.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • shootenany!shootenany! Posts: 122
    lol, most of this is over my head, but thanks to everyone who has tried to help out those of us who are technologically retarded, I'm trying to download the flac file now.

I just need to figure out how to open and play a flac file now, heh. It's gonna be a fun afternoon.
    lol, most of this is over my head, but thanks to everyone who has tried to help out those of us who are technologically retarded, I'm trying to download the flac file now.

I just need to figure out how to open and play a flac file now, heh. It's gonna be a fun afternoon.

There is 3 threads about that :D , where I explained in it twice.

If you cant find, i'll tell ya

Get This :
    http://www.winamp.com/player/free.php - GET THE FULL ONE

then once installed get this
    http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=131643

pm me if you got any problems
  • CazpjCazpj Posts: 58
    Those who have listened, what grade do you rate the boot to be?
    4/20/06 Astoria
    8/29/06 Arnhem
    9/11/06 Paris
    6/18/07 London
    I really dont know what quality gets what grade.

But I would say B. its what someone suggested on the torrent comments
  • Thin HairThin Hair Posts: 67
    check this thread, it might be easier.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=193226
    ' take 2 bottles into the shower?......not me, I've got no fucking hair!'

Wembley 00..Astoria 06..Albany 06..Hartford 06..Barcelona 06..Paris 06..Wembley 07..Dusseldorf 07..Nijmegen 07
  • Soon ForgetSoon Forget Posts: 59
    C+....in some parts a hesitant B-
  • spida1998spida1998 Posts: 86
    Thanks so much to the OP and the person who recorded this...until there's an official boot (keep the faith), this is a brilliant reminder.
    London - 29/05/00
    London - 30/05/00
    London - 20/04/06
    Dublin - 23/08/06
    London - 18/06/07
  • mehtadonemehtadone Posts: 28
    I have the astoria boot. So happy!!! :o)

Pm if you live the UK and I can post you a copy.
  • i_luv_piesi_luv_pies Posts: 46
    Hi does anybody know anywhere else to get a copy of this as the linked site on the first page doesn't appear to be working.

Many thanks

Paul
  • WASTIDWASTID Posts: 150
    well i've got it already and making sure I seed to help all you guys out. i'm over 1.0 now so have sent out more than i downloaded, but it will be left in Azureus for a long time to come so i'll be helping pass it around for a while yet.

pretty happy with the quality as well for an audience boot and brings back the memory from a month ago.
    Wembley Arena, London, England 05-30-2000
    Astoria, London, England 04-20-2006
    Wembley Arena, London, England 06-18-2007
    MEN Arena, Manchester, England 08-17-2009
    Hyde Park, London, England 06-25-2010
    MEN Arena, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012
    Apollo, Manchester, UK 07-28-2012 (Ed Solo)
    San Siro, Milano, Italia 06-20-2014
    FD Arena, Leeds 07-08-2014
    National Bowl, Milton Keynes 07-11-2014
  • mankind27mankind27 Posts: 33
    Yeh the quality's pretty good. The only negative is the woman who shouts for Jeremy after every other song and the bloke who thinks that present tense is yellow ledbetter and asks his mate 'is this a cover' during Sad. But theyre quite easy to ignore.
    'I wish i came from a country that never went to war, I wish i came from a country that took care of its poor,
    Maybe someday that will change, in the place from where we came,
    But in the mean time thanks for the example, in the mean time thanks for giving us hope...'