Options

PJ at ACL Fest?

13»

Comments

• Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    ComeToTX said:

I've never had a hard time getting a one day pass.

Well, that's good to know. I'm all about two Sunday's in a row!!
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    So first off I want to say, thank you to the boys for coming to Texas.
    Second of all, I hate festivals, but I will be there as I was in 09.
    Third, I would like to see the boys give us two shows each weekend as they do for the Northeast that gets multiply shows night after night. Because the South would like to experience the greatness of the multiply three, four or more shows in a two weekend setting.
    And it would be phenomenal in the days around the two weekends that they play Houston, the 4th largest market in the USA
    and San Antonio, the 5th or 6th largest market in the USA.
    Would love to see my hometown Dallas ,5th or 6th largest market to get a show while they are in the area, but I won't push for that , as we got one in last Nov.
    So guys if your listening or reading this ,,, This is your chance to play the SOUTH like a MOFO
    PEACE and good times ahead.
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Is it possible for another Tx date in between the ACL festival dates?
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648
    red mos said:

not unless 3C waived their normal contract clauses for ACL headliners....

with Outkast playing every festival in North America, Eminem,playing multiple dates this summer around the country, and pearl jam having one date on the books - ACL - i doubt they waived the clause....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    dr122931dr122931 Posts: 456
    edited April 2014
    red mos said:

Often times the contract states they can't play within a certain radius of ACL. That said, last year Depech Mode and Lionel Richie played the woodlands weeks before acl and there have been other bands who've historically played Houston/woodlands despite headlining Acl. Fingers crossed.
    Post edited by dr122931 on
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    STUBBS BBQ FAN CLUB SHOWS ON SATURDAY EACH WEEKEND!
    This needs to happen.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648
    Get_Right said:

This needs to happen.

not a chance... I was at The National's aftershow there last year.... it was awesome. Would love to see them do it... but I can't imagine the shit show trying to get tickets...

I would say you're more likely to see a show, perhaps 2 or 3, at Moody Theater (new location where Austin City Limits TV is taped)... if anything. It will probably be during the week... give them something to do during the week in between where they don't have to travel and can promote Lightning Bolt on a national level....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,587
    i wouldn't be surprised if they do another acl taping but any other austin show would shock me. i would love an EV taping.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809
    I am going to hold off until they announce a 40-50 show FULL BLOWN North America Tour.

:)) :)=))

New York
    Boston
    Hartford
    Philly
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    shep said:

Get_Right said:

This needs to happen.

not a chance... I was at The National's aftershow there last year.... it was awesome. Would love to see them do it... but I can't imagine the shit show trying to get tickets...

I would say you're more likely to see a show, perhaps 2 or 3, at Moody Theater (new location where Austin City Limits TV is taped)... if anything. It will probably be during the week... give them something to do during the week in between where they don't have to travel and can promote Lightning Bolt on a national level....
    Stubbs has a capacity of 2200. Its larger than the VIC in Chicago which they did before Lolla in 2007.

Play Stubbs you pussies!
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    I hope that between the ACL shows, they go and play a couple other cities
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    Based on the amount of pissing and moaning that goes on here when people miss out on coke ten, sevens, not to mention how "unfair" the ticket lottery is, I think a 10C only show at a limited capacity venue would be a great idea.