Options

please help a really good PJ fan and 10C member!! IT'S BACK!

Comments

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    very glad to hear Hannah is doing well!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    edited June 2014
    I saw another FB post this morning- (Sorry Dave, been stalking you out for info there as I don't want to text/email and interrupt what is surely a busy time!)

This is a summary of what Dave said this morning:
    Michelle is up and walking a little last night and this morning too. Michael (son) stayed with mom all night :) Michelle is "tearing through oatmeal and a fruit bowl". She is planning to go down and see Hannah as soon as she is able to.
    Hannah has been resting well all night with minimal pain episodes, which she is tolerating very well. She is eating ice cream and sipping water. They plan to try and get her up and moving today at some point.
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    =D> Glad to hear everyone is doing well.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,680
    Great to hear all is going well!
    Great job up there^^^, Norm!
    Great job everyone, K&S and Co., and especially Hanna, Michelle, and their super-supportive family! :-bd
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736

I saw another FB post this morning- (Sorry Dave, been stalking you out for info there as I don't want to text/email and interrupt what is surely a busy time!)

This is a summary of what Dave said this morning:
    Michelle is up and walking a little last night and this morning too. Michael (son) stayed with mom all night :) Michelle is "tearing through oatmeal and a fruit bowl". She is planning to go down and see Hannah as soon as she is able to.
    Hannah has been resting well all night with minimal pain episodes, which she is tolerating very well. She is eating ice cream and sipping water. They plan to try and get her up and moving today at some point.

great news to wake up to... sending good (((vibes))) to the Black family

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    It's almost 8:30am - where's our FB stalker! :D Hope all is progressing nicely.
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    Sending positive vibes for Hannah and Mom to have a speedy recovery! And Dave and Michael too! :-h
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    njnancy said:

It's almost 8:30am - where's our FB stalker! :D Hope all is progressing nicely.

Ha ha this made me LOL :)

Dave posted some pics early this morning of the whole crew...and Michelle posted a pair of mom and daughter 'selfies'- one "before" and one "after surgery". I admit it was a bit of a blurry train ride for me into work this morning as I looked through them.

Mom made it down to see Hannah after 36 hours. The ladies are looking lovely as per the usual. They are dealing with a lot as the pain meds go down and the amount of movement goes up. Everyone is staying positive and progress is happening at the expected rate :)

Keep the good thoughts and well wishes flowing!

Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448
    I just heard from Dave,,,,,Hannah does not really feel like walking or eating. Can you blame her???

she'll get there!!
    :D
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    apparently, the anti rejection drugs are a bitch :(

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Pain meds sometimes cause nausea or just take away your desire to eat. I know they have to wean you off the meds, but I never understood why it had to coincide with onset of physical activity. I hope they aren't pushing them along too quickly, as hospitals can do. [-X
  • Options
    imalive said:

:(
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    imalive said:

I've heard this before. Poor Hannah.

"The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options

imalive said:

I've heard this before. Poor Hannah.

Yeah I've heard this before too, I have a friend on cellcept , it got better after her body adapted to the meds and am sure Hannah will be better soon.Sending positive Chi and praying for a speedy recovery! [-O<
  • Options
    Let's remember it's only been about 50-60 hours since the surgery; so I'm going to take a breath and just let the healing take its course. Hannah is going through some real discomfort right now, but the bigger picture is her body's acceptance of the kidney (easy for me to say). I don't know how long these things take, so I'll just keep doing what I've been doing and send that positive energy out west. Sounds like Michelle is doing pretty well, considering. Thank goodness. :)>-
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Dearest Tribe, thanks so much for keeping up. It's been one helluva long week so far. It's 10pm and I'm going to get to bed early tonight. Still staying at Hannah's bedside.
    So...
    I mentioned somewhere or to someone the roller coaster and the early reactions of this week. I need instant replay to review this shit.

Michelle was indeed a superwoman in every possible way. What looked like a superb recovery was just one of the roller coaster rides they went on. She is doing GREAT, it just kind of ebbed and flowed a few times. They mentioned it would... I wouldn't say she has had any setbacks, just the activities and transitions on Meds made for some episodes that made it appear as such. Her pain got worse, she was tired as could be.

I think she will be released tomorrow and we will get her down to the Ronald Mac House and I'll stay up her with Hannah.

Hannah has had a long day today. She tried to walk this morning but it hurt way too much. They switched to oral pain killers and they knocked her out. Slept through the days activities (which didn't sound all that fun anyway) Basically slept from noon to 4, I woke her up to walk and she made a long walk through the unit, came back ate a cheese quesadilla, pudding, strawberries and some soy milk, had more drugs and was asleep by 5:30. She is still pretty much out of it now at 10:30. So tomorrow we start over on less pain Meds. Very busy day tomorrow.
    Got to get Michelle discharged, my sister to the airport, and more post transplant education in addition to all the doctors and exercises for Hannah.
    So goodnight.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422

Dearest Tribe, thanks so much for keeping up. It's been one helluva long week so far. It's 10pm and I'm going to get to bed early tonight. Still staying at Hannah's bedside.
    So...
    I mentioned somewhere or to someone the roller coaster and the early reactions of this week. I need instant replay to review this shit.

Michelle was indeed a superwoman in every possible way. What looked like a superb recovery was just one of the roller coaster rides they went on. She is doing GREAT, it just kind of ebbed and flowed a few times. They mentioned it would... I wouldn't say she has had any setbacks, just the activities and transitions on Meds made for some episodes that made it appear as such. Her pain got worse, she was tired as could be.

I think she will be released tomorrow and we will get her down to the Ronald Mac House and I'll stay up her with Hannah.

Hannah has had a long day today. She tried to walk this morning but it hurt way too much. They switched to oral pain killers and they knocked her out. Slept through the days activities (which didn't sound all that fun anyway) Basically slept from noon to 4, I woke her up to walk and she made a long walk through the unit, came back ate a cheese quesadilla, pudding, strawberries and some soy milk, had more drugs and was asleep by 5:30. She is still pretty much out of it now at 10:30. So tomorrow we start over on less pain Meds. Very busy day tomorrow.
    Got to get Michelle discharged, my sister to the airport, and more post transplant education in addition to all the doctors and exercises for Hannah.
    So goodnight.

Thanks for that update and we all hope for the very best.

Take care.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,680
    ^^^ Yes, thanks for the update. My wife and I both continue sending out good thoughts for you all. Hang in there!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Thanks for taking the time to update us. I know you have a LOT going on right now.

Peace and comfort to all of you, and strength and healing to Michelle and Hannah!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Thanks for the update! Hoping for your ladies to have a speedy recovery!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220

So...

So goodnight.

Just caught up on the entire thread...what a serious rollercoaster for your family Dave. Glad to hear the procedure went well. Hope for a quick recovery for both Hannah and Michelle. You've all exhibited great strength through this, my best to all of you.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    edited June 2014
    not too many pictures in here. but i just submitted mine.

a Hannah STRONG shirt needed a STRONG pose

• Options
    there's a ton of cold beer and an adorable puppy at my house! can't wait to see you guys! :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    AndySlash said:

Let's wrestle!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

Ed in his mask!
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    dankind said:

Let's wrestle!

i'm the man of 1,004 holds.

armbar!
  • Options
    AndySlash said:

The Luchador is just what we're looking for....you folks who got shirts! :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    I am late to the party, but want to send positive thoughts and best wishes for a speedy recovery to the Black family.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,576

So...

So goodnight.

Here's to a wolf around the floor and some ice cream. And if not, and it's sleep and cheese quesadillas in bed so be it. The positive thing is that Hannah is in great hands and dad seems to be doing okay himself. Great news!

Remind me to tell you the Ronald McDonald House story I have from a personal experience. Best if it's told over a beer as I have to do accents.

Peace, love and positive Chi swirling out your way!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Thanks for the update Dave. Our thoughts are with you, Hannah and Michelle. Your girls are strong and I wish them a very speedy recovery. Make sure you take care of yourself too. Much love and hugs :x