I'm gonna bring this place back to its former glory!!

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    OK.....this is better.....but the "former glory" I'm hoping for has more to do with content than appearance. So.........let's get back to talking about stupid shit!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Who are you calling old????
    I love to turn you on

Who are you calling old????

I'm confused.....but, good start!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,101

You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?

No!

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • KatKat Posts: 4,832
    mickeyrat said:

Kat said:

Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen anyone mention collapsing the sidebar yet. Just click on the vertical bar to the right of the sidebar and it collapses. Click it again to bring it back.

thank you for the tip. Could you do us a favor? I for one rarely if ever hit the porch or other subforums. There is a reason for that.The favor I ask is , for those of us who limit where we go here, can there be something in a banner type post across all forums so we can be alerted to such things?

as for a suggestion to perhaps improve abit, it was helpful having a return to top link on the bottom of the page. With so many posts on a single page now , its a pain to have to scroll up to visit another forum.
    Such a contradiction. :) We don't visit other forums but please make it easier to visit other forums. We encourage you to visit all of the sections of the Pearl Jam Forum. They all have something to offer and you have something to contribute I'm sure.

As for a "Back To Top" option at the bottom of every page, that was requested but not possible AFAIK. There is a Home, All Encompassing Trip option at the bottom of every thread in this forum. The Home selection will take you to the main Categories page and the AET option will take you back out of this thread to the main AET page of threads. We'll just have to use that and scroll up within a thread, sorry.

Have a great one and be good to yourself. :)

Falling down,...not staying down
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,633

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

The legacy script made this site look better than it ever has and made it highly navigable. It was WONDERFUL. Now the new forum format tweak has ruined that legacy script and ONCE AGAIN this site is a mess. Why do people have to always fuck around with a good thing? In the big picture, this is a small thing, but to me it's a good metaphor for the mess the world is in- a lot of little dinkin' around bullshit that wastes a lot of time and energy. Sorry for the rant but Christ Almight, this is getting old. Maybe I should just say something really nasty, get a perma-ban (I always think of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest when I hear that term- we'll fix ya up, Chief!) and be the fuck done with it.

seriously dude? yes, in the big picture this is a small thing that you and a lot of people are blowing way the hell out of proportion.

the latest upgrade is significantly better...especially with the lights down effect.
    Yeah man, seriously. I wouldn't say I think it sucks if I didn't think it sucks. I always speak my mind freely and honestly. But you knew that.

fair enough. just think your last post sounded like you were overreacting quite a bit.

for the record, I think those facebook groups aren't much better than this place, even in it's current state. those people are wackos.
    Yeah, it's true, they're a little over the top. Some good people/friends there, but that place can definitely get out of hand. Sorry for overreacting.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

psssst! ixnay on the itchingbay. moderator in the area!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    hello facebook fans
    ask imalive to join & befriend you
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,781
    fuck it. really just fuck it. Sending an email is possible after a member has lapsed or been banned. Really only one thread that has any potential value for me anymore anyway.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive said:

i'm pretty sure they know our opinions on the current state of the boards...and i'm pretty sure they don't care...it's really too bad...i feel for the new fans or old fans that are just discovering this place...but it is what it is
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,325
    norm said:

imalive said:

i'm pretty sure they know our opinions on the current state of the boards...and i'm pretty sure they don't care...it's really too bad...i feel for the new fans or old fans that are just discovering this place...but it is what it is
    imalive is thinking, "there are those who look at things the way they are and ask why.....I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?"

Peace.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    chadwick said:

hello facebook fans

I'd rather eat a dab of shit.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

chadwick said:

hello facebook fans

I'd rather eat a dab of shit.

For real!
    care to elaborate on what kinda shit? dog, cat, ape, fish, goat, spider, bird, elephant, snake, cow, deer, beaver, raccoon, weasel or human?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick said:

care to elaborate on what kinda shit? dog, cat, ape, fish, goat, spider, bird, elephant, snake, cow, deer, beaver, raccoon, weasel or human?

ANY shit is better than facetard.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

chadwick said:

I love that you are using the term Facetard as standard now. My brother and I have been using that for years...I would rather put a nail through my palm than join that shit.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    edited May 2014
    Kat said:

Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen anyone mention collapsing the sidebar yet. Just click on the vertical bar to the right of the sidebar and it collapses. Click it again to bring it back.

I can't see any way to do that Kat

imalive said:

chadwick said:

I love that you are using the term Facetard as standard now. My brother and I have been using that for years...I would rather put a nail through my palm than join that shit.
    Lol. WOW! :P
    I would actually recommend that EVERYONE have a facebook account simply for their own convenience. One needn't EVER even look at facebook and can even use a fake name for it, but it still comes in handy for quick logins to other things (instead of making yet ANOTHER account for every random thing - more and more sites are allowing people to just "log in using your facebook account" instead of having to register new with that site), and to be able to access certain awesome things that require you to login through facebook. This only makes life easier for you, and you still never ever have to use facebook.... How can anyone argue against that?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    what does it take to get a facebook page?

answer - 942 trillion lightyears & not eating poop

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    PJ_Soul said:

I would actually recommend that EVERYONE have a facebook account simply for their own convenience. One needn't EVER even look at facebook and can even use a fake name for it, but it still comes in handy for quick logins to other things (instead of making yet ANOTHER account for every random thing - more and more sites are allowing people to just "log in using your facebook account" instead of having to register new with that site), and to be able to access certain awesome things that require you to login through facebook. This only makes life easier for you, and you still never ever have to use facebook.... How can anyone argue against that?

I'd rather hook jumper cables to my balls. thanks but no thanks.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    i ate beans last night, co-workers were not happy with me today...

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS said:

i ate beans last night, co-workers were not happy with me today...

this ^^^^^^ this is how we bring back the former glory :D

it sure won't be with the fs ft iso wtb bullshit in lost dogs!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    imalive said:

PJ_Soul said:

I'd rather hook jumper cables to my balls. thanks but no thanks.

=))
    ELITIST FUK
    PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

I can't see any way to do that Kat

imalive said:

chadwick said:

I am on Adbook, but I am not cross-accounts on ANYTHING. All that shit winds up on your timeline creating a easily accessed trail on an account that CAN be hacked. If you never go then you wouldnt know if it had been. Fuck Fuckerberg Wanting every LAST detail. Same with Google. Necessary evil but on my phone, its an Op system. Aint logged into shit. Aint downloading shit or updating shit from either place.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    ^^^^^ there ya go! =D>

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    edited May 2014
    I do understand what you guys are saying..... I personally actually don't give a fuck if people are tracking my Internet use. I just don't have anything to hide so don't bother worrying about it (not that any of you have something to hide!!), so ultimately just am not bothered to care on a personal level. I'm already worked up about so many other issues, lol. BUT I completely believe in privacy for all for the sake of those who do care. That said, I'm still not clear on how using a fake facebook account to sign into other random and apolitical websites can really threaten privacy when you have control of when you use your fake fb account. Do you think they are tracing your IP address and looking at your Internet history? The password security comment... everyone should change their fb password regularly, and never ever duplicate a password (although I am so guilty for doing just that, but not for anything important). And I am not sure I understand the Google comment Mickeyrat. You don't use Google?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    speaking for myself.....I am too manly to get on facefriendsspace. I encourage teenagers and housewives to use the hell out of it.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    PJ_Soul said:

I do understand what you guys are saying..... I personally actually don't give a fuck if people are tacking my Internet use. I just don't have anything to hide so don't bother I got worrying about it (not that any of you have something to hide!!), so ultimately just am not bothered to care on a personal level. I'm already worked about about so many other issues, lol. BUT I completely believe in privacy for all for the sake of those who do care. That said, I'm still not clear on how using a fake facebook account to sign into other random and apolitical websites can really threaten privacy when you have control of when you use your fake fb account. Do you think they are tracing your IP address and looking at your Internet history? The password security comment... everyone should change their fb password regularly, and never ever duplicate a password (although I am so guilty for doing just that, but not for anything important). And I am not sure I understand the Google comment Mickeyrat. You don't use Google?

I do. But not signed into anything. Have unused email acct anc hats it. Just generic "anonymous" searches youtube shit etc. I brought them into it because its the same shit. "You mentioned the word widget, lets force some widget ads your way"
    If there were a way to dload apps on my phone without going through google play store I would.

before PJ_SOUL sidetracked us........

photo IMG_3041.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    imalive said:

photo IMG_3041.jpg

So is that a dab? I pictured a smaller amount. On a scale between dingle berry and shit ton, where would a dab be?
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    imalive said:

photo IMG_3041.jpg

Wow. That is one monumental shit. Is this Piper's doing?
    ELITIST FUK
This discussion has been closed.