I'm gonna bring this place back to its former glory!!

Comments

• EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    At least the font is a little bigger and the white doesn't make you feel like you're going blind.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Oh. Except it's white right now when you're writing a post and doesn't turn grey until you post your comment. So you only go blind when you're writing a post.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,637
    The legacy script made this site look better than it ever has and made it highly navigable. It was WONDERFUL. Now the new forum format tweak has ruined that legacy script and ONCE AGAIN this site is a mess. Why do people have to always fuck around with a good thing? In the big picture, this is a small thing, but to me it's a good metaphor for the mess the world is in- a lot of little dinkin' around bullshit that wastes a lot of time and energy. Sorry for the rant but Christ Almight, this is getting old. Maybe I should just say something really nasty, get a perma-ban (I always think of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest when I hear that term- we'll fix ya up, Chief!) and be the fuck done with it.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    brianlux said:

The legacy script made this site look better than it ever has and made it highly navigable. It was WONDERFUL. Now the new forum format tweak has ruined that legacy script and ONCE AGAIN this site is a mess. Why do people have to always fuck around with a good thing? In the big picture, this is a small thing, but to me it's a good metaphor for the mess the world is in- a lot of little dinkin' around bullshit that wastes a lot of time and energy. Sorry for the rant but Christ Almight, this is getting old. Maybe I should just say something really nasty, get a perma-ban (I always think of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest when I hear that term- we'll fix ya up, Chief!) and be the fuck done with it.

seriously dude? yes, in the big picture this is a small thing that you and a lot of people are blowing way the hell out of proportion.

the latest upgrade is significantly better...especially with the lights down effect.
    www.myspace.com
    actually, what would be better if "lights down" could give us something in between black and white....maybe a more muted white would be better than all black.......but whatever, this is really better.

and honestly, i haven't liked the look of the forum for much of the last 7 years. back in the day, they let us change the colors completely to what suited your eyes. that was when this place looked the best.
    www.myspace.com
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

brianlux said:

seriously dude? yes, in the big picture this is a small thing that you and a lot of people are blowing way the hell out of proportion.

the latest upgrade is significantly better...especially with the lights down effect.
    I have to agree on both points. I never did the script thing, just adjusted and dealt with what we had. Now it's much nicer to navigate (at least from my home computer).

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    edited April 2014

I've been flicking that lights up/lights down switch all night. Makes me feel like Keely.

Peace.

same here. i was playing & flicking the light on & off a lot yesterday & i felt like i was keely or a 6 yr old. great fun
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • lazlobluelazloblue Posts: 738
    I'm Pleased with the update. Not too keen on the lights down, but don't need it anyway.

:)>-
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    Well WITH the simple MikeD script, the lights down does this:

Without the script nothing happens. :-/
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    brianlux said:

Brian, the non-legacy scipt still works. Try that one - I know you're not used to it, but it's still a good script. :)

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    I like this lights up/down thing. It is fun.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    is it back to its former glory yet??

and that Lights Down thing?? never heard of it before but... still no diff.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • KatKat Posts: 4,832
    Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen anyone mention collapsing the sidebar yet. Just click on the vertical bar to the right of the sidebar and it collapses. Click it again to bring it back.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    a five year old could build a better web site than this mess...it's amazing how 10c really doesn't give a shit
  • lazlobluelazloblue Posts: 738
    Kat said:

Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen anyone mention collapsing the sidebar yet. Just click on the vertical bar to the right of the sidebar and it collapses. Click it again to bring it back.

Thanks Kat!!!

That is a cool function. Not sure I would have noticed without you telling us.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I clicked F5 when I didn't see changes and....voila! it switched.

'Lights down' looks very similar to Mike D's script...the bar highlighting the poster's name is just medium gray rather than dark gray.

I shall leave the lights down...feels like someone should be lighting up some candles and bringing me some chocolate covered strawberries and starting a fire in the fireplace...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    NOW it is working..... that is a bit better
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Kat said:

I think maybe no one knew this could be done.

From my office computer, I continue to see zero changes but will check out this sidebar business on my home one later. The other adjustments so far seem alright and while I still don't get the initial need for site revision, the efforts made since then are appreciated.

Hope you're not taking too much of the brunt on this website brouhaha, Kat :D
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,781
    Kat said:

thank you for the tip. Could you do us a favor? I for one rarely if ever hit the porch or other subforums. There is a reason for that.The favor I ask is , for those of us who limit where we go here, can there be something in a banner type post across all forums so we can be alerted to such things?

as for a suggestion to perhaps improve abit, it was helpful having a return to top link on the bottom of the page. With so many posts on a single page now , its a pain to have to scroll up to visit another forum.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    dear mickey,

please visit the obsessed
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Kat said:

guess i missed this.... still not sure what your talking about... i did not see anything, that i can collapse

good grief

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Kat said:

I like it -- making the screen bigger is better on the eyes!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    PJ_ROCKS said:

Kat said:

guess i missed this.... still not sure what your talking about... i did not see anything, that i can collapse

good grief
    if you scroll to the top of the page, see the vertical gray bar between the forum and the blue bars on the left that say "New Discussion" "Categories" "Recent Discussions" etc? click the bar itself, then the blue bars go away.

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    we use internet explorer at work and I do not see the changes I saw at home this morning.

gives what?
    www.myspace.com
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    RKCNDY said:

I clicked F5 when I didn't see changes and....voila! it switched.

I never thought of that! When I hit F5, it worked for me too.
    At least now I know what people were talking about.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,637

brianlux said:

Yeah man, seriously. I wouldn't say I think it sucks if I didn't think it sucks. I always speak my mind freely and honestly. But you knew that.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    so the lights thing works on my laptop

and i didn't think this place could get any shittier
    It defaults back to sidebar showing when I hit the site again. Not relogging in, mind you, just a'hittin.

Guess the kinks are still being worked out :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HEW5bXqKbU

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Yeah man, seriously. I wouldn't say I think it sucks if I didn't think it sucks. I always speak my mind freely and honestly. But you knew that.

fair enough. just think your last post sounded like you were overreacting quite a bit.

for the record, I think those facebook groups aren't much better than this place, even in it's current state. those people are wackos.
    www.myspace.com
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    RKCNDY said:

PJ_ROCKS said:

Kat said:

good grief
    if you scroll to the top of the page, see the vertical gray bar between the forum and the blue bars on the left that say "New Discussion" "Categories" "Recent Discussions" etc? click the bar itself, then the blue bars go away.

thanks RKCNDY

after some time of dinking around, it didn't switch untill i did the lights up / lights down thing... i need a beer and a smoke...

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland