PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Well, it appears as if they're giving up on Franco...
    I don't get that - should have looked to trade him if they thought he was a role player.  Someone would give them something decent for him, I think.  Could be a good hitting coach connection away from finding the consistency that eludes him.

Yeah I don't know. There's a whole new staff this year and they closed his stance to prevent his hips from flying wide open but he's doing the same stuff he was doing two, three years ago. No improvement the last few years. If he'd come out hot the first couple months, maybe you'd get something for him but I'd be surprised if any team is interested in him how. Plus you have Kingery and Crawford up who need playing time.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Anyone here headed over to Europe for shows?

I'm thinking of Seattle but have no idea how to get tickets. There's nothing on stubhub.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    We are going to Seattle/Missoula/Boston but have tickets all set.  Wish we were going over this week but that was not in the cards.
    For Seattle, are you going solo or do you need a pair?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    We are going to Seattle/Missoula/Boston but have tickets all set.  Wish we were going over this week but that was not in the cards.

Would need a pair
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757

Would need a pair
    Would love to hit up the Euro shows, but headed to Ireland in July.

Do Missoula. What other reason will you ever have again to go to Mon-fucking-tana?

Semi-related: my favorite Bourdain episode may be the Montana one.

Would need a pair
    Would love to hit up the Euro shows, but headed to Ireland in July.

Do Missoula. What other reason will you ever have again to go to Mon-fucking-tana?

Semi-related: my favorite Bourdain episode may be the Montana one.

Watching him last night was tough.

I gotta try that Donkey's place at some point.....

chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I recorded the tribute.  Didn't want to watch yet.

Pairs are gonna be tough but I bet you can find.  I think there are going to be plenty of singles available through the boards....

I've been to Montana one other time as we drove cross country.  Beautiful.  Looking forward to the return, we are going to spend a night at a hot springs resort prior to driving into Missoula.

I can't choose my favorite Bourdain.  One of his many Japan/Vietnam visits, I figure.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    edited June 2018
    I recorded the tribute.  Didn't want to watch yet.

Pairs are gonna be tough but I bet you can find.  I think there are going to be plenty of singles available through the boards....

I've been to Montana one other time as we drove cross country.  Beautiful.  Looking forward to the return, we are going to spend a night at a hot springs resort prior to driving into Missoula.

I can't choose my favorite Bourdain.  One of his many Japan/Vietnam visits, I figure.
    The cnn tribute they played Saturday night sucked I thought. Only had cnn anchors/personalities. Granted they put it together in like 12 hours and some of the people were clearly close with him, but I was hoping to hear some rememberances from some people from his world.

I love the Louisiana episode from no reservations. Gonna check out Montana tonight 

maron put up his his interview with bourdain as he does whenever someone does, but it’s great
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    Yeah you could probably get two GA tix, too. Only pain is having to coordinate with two separate people and their tickets that are on their phones.

Definitely check out the Parts Unknown Montana on Netflix. 

Watched it all hammered for the 100th time the other night in preparation of the trip.

We'll be doing Glacier NP for half the week and an Airbnb in the Bitteroot Valley the other half. Super pumped.

That is good stuff. 
    That is awesome. Ump handled it perfectly, I thought.
    Haha, you could tell he's flustered with his "Our asses are in the jackpot now"(or whatever) comment. But definitely can't handle it better than that.
    Haha, you could tell he's flustered with his "Our asses are in the jackpot now"(or whatever) comment. But definitely can't handle it better than that.
    I had never heard that saying before.
    Not sure that it makes sense.
    hahah, yeah. Basically said, I completely agree with you, but you can't do that.
    edited June 2018
    Watched Montana. I liked it.  Joe Rogan is a turd though.  Had seen most of the episode before but not the hunting portion.
    Overall I don't think I mind Rogan that much - litttle too much of a meathead for me, little too lenient, and giving exposure, to conspiracy theories and the like. But overall I don't think I'd have a problem sitting around a fire smoking and drinking whiskey with him and Bourdain.

Watched the Philly Layover episode as well. Looking back at that one I can't say I have a problem with any part of that (very short) episode.
    Overall I don't think I mind Rogan that much - litttle too much of a meathead for me, little too lenient, and giving exposure, to conspiracy theories and the like. But overall I don't think I'd have a problem sitting around a fire smoking and drinking whiskey with him and Bourdain.

Watched the Philly Layover episode as well. Looking back at that one I can't say I have a problem with any part of that (very short) episode.
    Joe Rogan is just the smartest guy in any room. Just ask him.  And yeah, a massive meathead.

That was outstanding. PHO 75! Pen and Pencil. Han Dynasty.  Trying to remember where else he went.  Feel like there was a north philly spot too.

Joe Rogan is just the smartest guy in any room. Just ask him.  And yeah, a massive meathead.

That was outstanding. PHO 75! Pen and Pencil. Han Dynasty.  Trying to remember where else he went.  Feel like there was a north philly spot too.
    Han Dynasty....have not been there in far too long.  Need to go soon.

Soul food joint in Germantown or Mount Airy I believe.

Also went to the Italian Market, Dirty Frank's. All-in-all a solid rundown.

I never knew that apparently the scene at Stateside, with the 20yr Pappy, only made it that much harder to find that stuff anywhere.

My favorite part is the beginning when he explains the feedback people from here about doing a show here - "you should do a show here. why haven't you done a show here? fuck you we don't want you here anyway." A shame it was just The Layover and not something like Parts Unknown, that would have been great.

Soul food joint in Germantown or Mount Airy I believe.

Also went to the Italian Market, Dirty Frank's. All-in-all a solid rundown.

I never knew that apparently the scene at Stateside, with the 20yr Pappy, only made it that much harder to find that stuff anywhere.

My favorite part is the beginning when he explains the feedback people from here about doing a show here - "you should do a show here. why haven't you done a show here? fuck you we don't want you here anyway." A shame it was just The Layover and not something like Parts Unknown, that would have been great.
    Ah yeah. That's it and yeah, DiBrunos and the Italian Market.  Definitely a good run down.

I'm gonna have to dig this one up and watch it again.  I do remember that line.  Good stuff.

Han Dynasty....have not been there in far too long.  Need to go soon.
    I dig it.  10 on all dishes.  I honestly don't find that peppercorn and chili type of hot as hot as spicy Indian or something
    10 on the DD noodles.  Fml.  So good.
    For some reason going to see U2 tonight.  Shoot me.
    Open up about your Bono obsession, Cliff.
    Open up about your Boner obsession, Cliff.
    Fixed.

Have never seen them live...don't really have any desire to see them live.
    Not a fan.  Take your sunglasses off, you're indoors.  Also, what kind of grown man goes by a name like The Edge?  While you're at it, take your winter hat off, it's 70 degrees inside.

Drunken purchase.  Oh, U2 tickets are $30...have never seen them, that seems like a good idea.  Nope.
    Wait, what? I don't remember this doc at all.

At. All.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JveY82-iHYA

That Reading show was awesome. I mean, it was in fucking Reading. So weird.
    Not a fan.  Take your sunglasses off, you're indoors.  Also, what kind of grown man goes by a name like The Edge?  While you're at it, take your winter hat off, it's 70 degrees inside.

Drunken purchase.  Oh, U2 tickets are $30...have never seen them, that seems like a good idea.  Nope.

Eh, come on now. Nothing wrong with U2 up through Zooropa (which is an underrated album). Live U2 is a different story though--I've only seen them once and you could tell it was pretty much the same show they did every night of the tour. I guess a lot of that has to do with the elaborate stage nonsense they have.

HAVING SAID THAT, I have read they've been mixing it up a lot more on this tour so who knows?

JP--Reading was awesome. I was there for that too. Such a random place for a PJ show

chinese-happy.jpg
    I watched some bullshit that showed Bono being a dictator and rehearsing the fuck out of it to get the songs perfect.
    Not interested.
    They do have some really great songs.