Options

Lack of vinyl...

12346»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,546
    edited April 2014

brianlux said:

I just want good music and I want it on vinyl so I can hear it properly. I don't really care if it's collectable, limited, comes with a free digital down load, a book with a bunch of pictures and lyrics I can get on the internet, stickers, or is printed on clear, redbluegreenpurpleyellow or babyshitbrown vinyl and comes with a free gold plated condom. Just give me the damn vinyl in a decent inner sleeve and cardboard cover! (Did I get a little carried away there? image )

You don't want Pearl Jam vinyl if you want it on vinyl properly. This is the biggest misconception by PJ fans. They assume because its vinyl it sounds better. The reissue Benny on vinyl thread is hilarious. The CD sounds just as good if not better than the vinyl, plus you don't have to flip it 4 times. "I just want to hear it on vinyl man"....please.
    Well, I opened the Benaroya Hall reissue thread. I don't have a perfect sound system, I do not have the "perfect ear", I am just a person who likes their music on vinyl lps. Others might prefer CDs or their ipod or whatever. I like it this way. I have stopped buying CDs a long time ago. The first thing I noticed with vinyl was that I could crank it up more than a CD or mp3. I love the cracks, the little noises, the experience of taking the LP out of its sleeve and putting it on the turntable. I love that I am forced to listen to it all the way through instead of picking my favourite tracks and putting them in a playlist. It feels more "organic" somehow. This is the way I personally like to experience music at home. I don't care either if it comes in black, white or banana colour. I cherish my vinyl collection and want it to grow. And since PJ is one of my favourite bands, I would love to own all their albums on vinyl. I don't care if I have to flip it four times. This is part of the listening experience. Why is that a bad thing?

Yeah, well my CD player is its own individual unit and it can't be connected to my receiver, so while I do actually own Benny Hall on CD, I don't really care to use my CD player. I pretty much exclusively play vinyl at home because that is the good sound system in my home. I want Benny on vinyl still. Meanwhile, I can listen to the CD and know for a fact that the vinyl will sound better because it will be played on a great system.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata