Options

This place needs some Dimitris!

rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
edited February 2014 in All Encompassing Trip
Where has Uncle D gone? In Hiding? Come back and rally the troops for the Eurotour!!
Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
Post edited by Kat on

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    I think he's on strike in protest of the new forum.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    maybe he got a job
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options

maybe he got a job

PJ correspondant is his job i thought
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    on2legs said:

I think he's on strike in protest of the new forum.

:)) :))

Wasting his time if that is true!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,875
    IBTL...but I agree 100%!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,251
    He's on FB......
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,251
    He's on FB......
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Its not that bad, geeeeez! People don't like the new format because its like FB and so they go to FB! :))
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Its not that bad, geeeeez! People don't like the new format because its like FB and so they go to FB! :))

i know right!!!! it's more like FB so you go there where teen girls and out of touch housemoms live? not to mention the orwellian ads!!
    this was dmitris' home and i could clearly see he was hurt, and rightfully so, but it's time to move on! come back! im one of the newest members here and im desperate for this community and band to last a few more years so i can be a part of it, but im feeling time is limited :(
    without a super-awesome fan club PJ wouldnt be where they are today and im worried about what happens when they turn 60 and theres no uberfans left.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,088
    The new format isn't like facebook. The only thing vaguely similar is some of the colours, but facebooks layout is much better and much easier on the eyes.

There was a thread where a guy posted scripts for firefox/chrome to make this board more usable. If it weren't for those I think I'd of slowed down on visiting this site.
  • Options
    theres another thing called screen brightness and if you turn it down it makes the site more usable. also i find this complaining about brightness to be a tad disingenuos. nobody uses excel, microsoft word, or any other program that has a white screen??? are these unusable? no, but forums are a place for people to drop complaints for the sake of the drop. have some cheese folks and your whine will go down easier.

mr Zod you are member of other fan clubs, tell me please, are they repositories for complaints also or are they more positive?
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    It's funny, these people defend the band over just about anything, but a few changes to the message board and they ditch out. dmitris was hurt? How? B/c the board changed and they didn't listen to his petition?

What makes this message board like FB? It took a little getting used to, and I like the old board, but it was time for an update.
  • Options
    blue, white, and gray. tabs on the left hand side. all the links work. its just like every other site.
    he was hurt because something dear to him changed and he lost what he had. people just dissapeared from here, i can understand how he felt...he needs to lead them all back to the promised land!
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,501
    Demetrios will pick up the slack.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 919
    rgambs said:

i know right!!!! it's more like FB so you go there where teen girls and out of touch housemoms live?

I think you're friends with the wrong people
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,832
    he took a vacation. it's all good
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    its a principle... i dont shop at walmart i dont use facebook lol
  • Options
    I'm off to the paper-bag factory, everyone have a nice day and get ready for some weekend!!

"Yeah, so this life is sacrifice,
    Oh, to a strangers bottom line."
  • Options
    Big D and 81 and Sawyer and Big Bank Hank are all MIA
  • Options
    ajaxbroajaxbro Posts: 352
    is there a facebook 10c group page?
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448

so....you're saying it's not all a bad thing?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

so....you're saying it's not all a bad thing?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513

BBH is back.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    edited February 2014
    ajaxbro said:

Yeah, there are a few. The most active is probably "Official Pearl Jam Ten Club Members". (it is not an official group - it has no connection to 10C)

Dimitris doesn't like the feel of this place anymore (or right now) I guess. Fair enough. I haven't noticed a change so profound to make people want to bail (at least not with the greasemonkey script), but that's subjective!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    This place has me....all you need
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Joey EakinsJoey Eakins Posts: 663
    I have been enjoying the place more ever since the change. :)
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,762
    I think all of those people posting as "him" gave up. I don't mind it at all.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    ajaxbro said:

Yeah, but that place is pretty beat too.

• Options
    know1 said:

I think all of those people posting as "him" gave up. I don't mind it at all.

are you suggesting there were multiple people posting as dmitrispearljam? the greeklish spelling and syntax were pretty fucking consistent, i dont buy it.
    the energy is negative to non-existant around here. if you are not into hoarding collectibles, there is very little happening beyond complaining about Nugs and 10c logistics
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,674
    I agree that we need Big D back, and let's pick up the vibe too. "When your gravity fails and negativity don't pull you through"... it's time to look around a little, do something positive, give someone a hand, say something positive.

Have a great day all you PJ'ers!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

This discussion has been closed.