Options

Low crowd noise on boots reduces the enjoyment!

2»

Comments

• Options
    jp307677jp307677 Boston Posts: 416
    Absolutely, crowd noise= energy. I didn't even realize it, was it part of the editing to turn the crowd noise down? Maybe the crowds weren't that loud?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,750
    jp307677 said:

Absolutely, crowd noise= energy. I didn't even realize it, was it part of the editing to turn the crowd noise down? Maybe the crowds weren't that loud?

They did it on purpose. You can tell on the Vancouver boot, not only because I was there and know that the crowd was killer, but also because they turned the crowd noise up during It's Okay on the boot, but you still can't hear the crowd when I know they were louder.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    I've been listening to the seattle boot and the crowd seems pretty loud on this one. It's nice to hear but now that I do I really wish the other boots I got had at least the same amount of crowd noise.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    jp307677jp307677 Boston Posts: 416
    This is disappointing. I like to hear to show exactly the way it was...crowd noise and interaction, screwups, everything.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    How are you guys listening to the shows? Audience coming through fine with decent headphones, FLAC playback through iTunes, also burned to mp3 disc in my factory issued car stereo. The Sirens reprise sounds great in every city - save maybe for the first few bars once the crowd gets it & joins in.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited March 2014
    jp307677 said:

I like to hear to show exactly the way it was...crowd noise and interaction, screwups, everything.

Exactly it's a 'Live' Show and not an Album :)

Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    I like these 2013 boots. I would rather have the band clear and the crowd in the background. I thought, for example, that the USA 2000 boots sound horrible. I think they were professionally crowd-mic'd with little or nothing from the soundboard. I commonly found myself frustrated with the sound quality. 2003 was a little better but was too sharp in the upper midrange. And no bass. As if Jeff stayed at home. Progressively getting better over the years, 2013 sounds like a professionally mixed live album. Everything is there. It's down to preferences now. If you want to miss the toilet and pee all over the floor and wall so your bathroom smells like the one at the LA Sports Arena in order to give you a more concert-like experience, that's your parogative and I won't try to stop you. To me, excessive crowd noise falls under that category. I personally would rather listen to a professional sounding recording of the concert rather than a dumbed down recording which includes too much crowd, echo, etc. I think 2013 has the perfect mix. There is both but the music takes precedence. It's great. At the LA Sports arena, I thought the sound in the arena sucked. It's great to now fully relish what the band actually played.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    karmadefectkarmadefect Posts: 806
    I've kept this in mind while listening to the boots and I must say it isn't that bad at all.
    I'd say it is quite similair to other years.
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 920
    I completely agree with you. I don't like the way these boots were done. They don't sound like previous boots I have. I'm very disappointed!!
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    heyjoseheyjose Melbourne, Australia Posts: 503

I like these 2013 boots. I would rather have the band clear and the crowd in the background. I thought, for example, that the USA 2000 boots sound horrible. I think they were professionally crowd-mic'd with little or nothing from the soundboard. I commonly found myself frustrated with the sound quality. 2003 was a little better but was too sharp in the upper midrange. And no bass. As if Jeff stayed at home. Progressively getting better over the years, 2013 sounds like a professionally mixed live album. Everything is there. It's down to preferences now. If you want to miss the toilet and pee all over the floor and wall so your bathroom smells like the one at the LA Sports Arena in order to give you a more concert-like experience, that's your parogative and I won't try to stop you. To me, excessive crowd noise falls under that category. I personally would rather listen to a professional sounding recording of the concert rather than a dumbed down recording which includes too much crowd, echo, etc. I think 2013 has the perfect mix. There is both but the music takes precedence. It's great. At the LA Sports arena, I thought the sound in the arena sucked. It's great to now fully relish what the band actually played.

You left off 2006 in your post. Have you heard Sydney 1 from that tour? Just listen to Release, and tell me it doesn't give you chills. Why? The crowd.

I wouldn't consider those boots having 'excessive crowd noise', but rather a great mix that adds the atmosphere lacking in these boots. I can still crank those up and really appreciate the music.

Since that tour, the boots have failed to capture the experience, for me. And the Sydney BDO show is soon to be released. That show had an incredible vibe, which, if the crowd is not properly represented, won't come through on the boot.

1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• Options
    heyjoseheyjose Melbourne, Australia Posts: 503
    Haven't listened to Sydney BDO yet, but reports are unanimous that the crowd is mixed quite low, again. Which sucks. This was one of the best, if not the best, Pearl Jam shows I have ever seen. It was an incredible night, with an incredible crowd and Ed was loving it. Would love to relive that properly with the bootleg, but sadly it won't be the case.
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney