chad's opinion thread

Comments

• oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    edited May 2014
    Dear Mr. Chadwick ( whom I liken to wise old Mr. Owl)

I hope no one has asked this question. This man appears to be in costume, but for what? What would this outfit be suitable for?

I appreciate your time. ~:>
    Post edited by oceaninmyeyes on
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    edited May 2014
    i think his bladder is done & gone so he uses a bag
    im not a doctor so i forget the actual name.......... pause

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/jko/lowres/medical-colostomy-leak-leaking-pooh-wives-jkon529l.jpgimage

the horrors of growing older
    then again maybe he is having fun & not using a funky bag at all

turn on some good music

http://youtu.be/zME8YpjDWe4

I'm a flea bite peanut monkey
    All my friends are junkies
    That's not really true

I'm a cold Italian pizza
    could use a lemon squeezer
    Would you do?

But I've been bit and I've been tossed around
    By every she-rat in this town
    Have you, babe?

Well, I am just a monkey man
    I'm glad you are a monkey woman too

I was bitten by a boar
    was gouged and I was gored
    But I pulled it on through

Yes, I'm a sack of broken eggs
    I always have an unmade bed
    Don't you?

Well, I hope we're not too messianic
    Or a trifle too satanic
    We love to play the blues

Well I am just a monkey man
    I'm glad you are a monkey, monkey woman too, babe

I'm a monkey
    I'm a monkey
    I'm a monkey man
    I'm a monkey man
    I'm a monkey...

more like the wise old broken boot string
    but thank you
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,862
    ^^^^ love that fucking song......and I never new the actual lyrics.

"flea bite peanut monkey" :))
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,043
    Don't you?
    Awesome line.

Chad, have you ever habitually "made" your bed? It is one of the things I flat out refuse to do. My wife can make our bed if she wants, I dont see the damn point in it. If someone is visiting I guess I can see it, but to make it every day? I think it is a head scratcher.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,862

Don't you?
    Awesome line.

Chad, have you ever habitually "made" your bed? It is one of the things I flat out refuse to do. My wife can make our bed if she wants, I dont see the damn point in it. If someone is visiting I guess I can see it, but to make it every day? I think it is a head scratcher.

you were obviously raised by a slacker mom ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    She fought with me to do it but as soon as I moved out at 18 I have not done it.
    edited May 2014
    bed making:

when us three boys were small sometimes we shared a bedroom, sometimes i'd have my own bedroom & the two younger bros would share a bedroom. anyhow, if our bedroom was smoked (this includes the closet(s)) mom would gather all our shit & toss it out the front door & build a fucking quagmire (ackward/mix up) pile of crap three feet high by 9 feet wide & make us gather up all our stuff....rain or shine

as a adult i've usually always been single (wasn't much heavy into relationships but im learning) so i made my bed as who knows may be coming by for a visit. also, i slept in a parked (when solo driving) semi truck or a rolling (when team driving) semi truck so i & my co-driver(s) tried to make our small space liveable

today's day & age i can't sleep in a tangled up pile of shit, however, when im hurting good in the mornings i just throw it together half assed. it is at nighttime when i actually may make my bed directly before crawling into it

over the yrs i've often hung out in my bedrooms so i made my bed as to have somewhere to sit & make it pleasing to the senses.

please everyone wash your damn bedding. i've heard of people who wash their bedding once a season or even once every six months. frickin wow

you will wanna wash your stuff after your mother throws all your crap out into the front yard just after the grass was cut & after or during a down pour of rain or snow or piss & shit

i guess mom was a bit fed up with raising three boys constantly beating the hell out of each other. someone always had stitches, burns or whatnot

start the thread on the art of war - heating a fork in a pan of oil

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    my wife never makes the bed. i'm always doing it.

and i make it before i go to bed also. HATE sleeping in a bed where the sheets are all tangled up.
    www.myspace.com
    a tidy bed is a happy bed to be in

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    As a young teenager protesting, "Why make my bed if I'm just going to sleep in it again?", a friend of my mother, trying to rationalize with me, responded, "Why wipe your ass if you're just going to shit again?"
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    i make my bed everyday.

some mornings my bed doesn't even look like anyone slept in it, other mornings it looks like all hell broke loose. pillows on the other side of the room, sheet flipped off the corners, no jammies...
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,719
    Hobbes said:

As a young teenager protesting, "Why make my bed if I'm just going to sleep in it again?", a friend of my mother, trying to rationalize with me, responded, "Why wipe your ass if you're just going to shit again?"

Love it.
    Hobbes said:

Ha! That is awesome.

Wow, looks like I am the slob with not making my bed. It may help to know that I kick all of the covers to the bottom of the bed w/in the first 20 minutes anyway...maybe that is part of why I dont get it. My bed gets made now -- my wife does it. :)

When I was in college I washed my sheets because I never knew if I might have a guest that night. Once out of college I was a grubby bastard for a few years, until I got another girlfriend and she pointed out how gross it was to wash your sheets once a month.
    Funny part is now I am a damn clean freak.

Chad, you have me interested in the art of war -- heating a fork in a pan of oil is brutal (but funny!) -- what is the most serious ratfuck you ever played on your brother(s) growing up? My brother and I had some serious battles but I am thinking your top battle/prank/etc will make me laugh and put my top ones to shame. Do tell, sir, do tell!
    edited May 2014
    hobbes, hilarious

f me in the brain

not really much ratfuckery going on. more like flat out gettin it. however, one day i for some reason decided to heat up a fork in a pan of cooking oil as i was frying up a tenderloin for lunch. i then went over to my brother dut & pressed it onto his upper arm/shoulder area. that wasn't very nice of me.... but don't worry it aint over

time goes by.....dut's cookin up some lunch his own darn self & takes a boiling oiled fork & jabs it onto my upper arm/shoulder area.... that was so damn funny we busted up in laughter ///// well, he busted up in laughter after he knew i wasn't mad at all but having a laughing fit as we were now branded twins with four lines branded into us from a heated oiled fork .... same spot, same great times

dirt clod war, corn cob war, shingles off the roof war, charcoal war... all this was not bad but fun
    drink as much whiskey as you humanly can then fight & tear the house apart or the garage or all of it
    smash kitchen tables & chairs to pieces...replace them of course
    steal a park's picnic table & use that as a kitchen table

everybody gets sucker punched a time or two or firewood thrown at them (that's one reason my head is full scars & bumps)

try the heated fork. great fun

but we love each other no matter what. beat the hell out of each other & be best friends. please protect anyone who thought they could go after one of us, they'd be fighting all three of us. siblings should never walk away from a sibling when in a jam. they had better fight to protect their brother or sister...

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    That shit is pure gold right there, I laughed out loud at a bunch of those images.

I think the worst one I ever did to my brother was when I was 11 and he was 15 and he had a fever. My mom tells me to go and get the thermometer to take his temp. I got the rectal thermometer (fuck, remember when they used those awful bastards!) out of the cabinet and gave it to my mom...fully knowing that she would assume it was the normal one and pop it under his tongue. I waited as long as I could before blowing out laughing. Got away with that one as he was too sick to catch me.

We used to do fucked up stuff to each other and make a game of it...but branding each other never happened. Wow, that is stellar. I tell my nephew that he missed out on not having a brother....he could never beat the shit out of someone and get the shit knocked out of him back and not really get pissed about it.

I had two friends who were brothers 2 years apart in college and they would beat the holy crap out of each other, laughing the whole time. I never once saw them stop because they were getting too carried away/angry, etc....that is what I call true brotherly love!

Milkweed War was a good one too, did you have those growing in IA? They dont hurt as much as dirt clods or roof shingles but they splatter what looks like monkey spunk all over your target.

How old were the two of you awesome knuckleheads the last time you laughed while inflicting some sort of pain on one another?
    hahaha

:))

you're pretty funny, man

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    rectal thermometor... im sure your brother was pleased with your lil game .. haha

yeah we have milkweeds but never had a milkweed war. we had horseweed fights. uproot a dried dead horseweed & you have two things... one, shake off the dirt around the root & you have a spear. or two, cut the above ground weed in half or so making it shorter & leave the dirt around the root & throw that at someone .... it all leaves a mark

sometimes our fights lasted very briefly or nearly an hour... long little battles involved things around the house being broken & generally were costly. why is it brothers fight like cats & dogs, laugh about it & love each other greatly? it sure was magical back then

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,191
    Chad,

How does one form their own opinion? Does it take forks soaked in boiling oil, cord wood, roof shingles or busted furniture or a combination of all?

I'll take your answer off the air.

Peace.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    gone again walls up
    those wire towers bugging out now
    primal dreams scrambled (thrown) down
    storm… head-games (don’t die)
    doom’s day underway
    soon on tall locked bolts

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    edited May 2014
    ham and cheese sandwiches is good in't?
    Post edited by rollings on
    Chad -- ham and cheese sandwich VS. ham and cheese croissant?

that ham & cheese croissant looks tasty as does the blueberry croissant

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    sadhguru
    http://youtu.be/3ml1NWMuWj8

great stuff

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    rollings said:

ham and cheese sandwiches is good in't?

chad, do you believe in premonitions?
    premonition

what can hilltop do?
    grow grass
    have flowers
    maybe trees
    a hilltop would have guitar strings going as guitar strings go if we went up hilltop with guitar

if we sat as quietly as hilltop sits
    we could then listen with ourselves
    each a unique life story told
    unseen happenings glowing
    the robin eggs opened
    what of mouse feeding from your hand?

what have we been doing all our lives?
    answer...
    dying not paying much attention

many things are played out in front of us & inside of us
    we avoid, we pay no attention, we disbelieve & burn it down
    does hilltop avoid, have no attention, disbelieve or burn things down?
    no...
    hilltop does not do these things
    hilltop quietly sits still growing colors
    building playful snowfall
    bathing in raindrops
    having sunshine nicely
    hilltop does these things like this
    a busy hilltop says
    be still & listen more often

wednesday - 1:31pm
    may 21, 2014
    chadwick

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Dear Chadwick...With Pearl Jam Touring Europe and Now the New Announcement of the US Fall Tour...Do you think Pearl Jam should Make there way Down to Australia? Cheers :)
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,623
    Chadwick, thoughts on Moline Il and a concert by some hacks who think they can play?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    What are your thoughts on catching said show with a certain smoking baby?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    LOL, good idea.

Chadwick, I just told my wife (who is ready to give birth at any time now) that she should be rested up and ready to hold down the fort by October while I travel somewhere to see the band. Top options for me are Cincy, St Louis, or Detroit.
    Opinions on seeing a show in any of those 3 cities? Have been to all 3 and have had fun in all 3. Curious what the proper move in your estimation would be to "up my game of shit and piss"

:))
    new casino opened in Cincy.