Options

*** EV Solo - Brisbane 2 Fanviews Here 02/23/14 ***

2»

Comments

• Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    ^^^ Yay lukazy! Fabulous story. Very cool for you & your son. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Lukazy said:

This is one of the most amazing stories ever... you may want to sit down for this.

So my 9yo son (who is obsessed with Pearl Jam) and I are walking up to our seats up the back of the top section when a guy stops us and asks if we've seen Eddie before. I say my son saw him at the BDO but thats it. He then says he works for Eddie and that we've been upgraded to THE FRONT ROW!!!! Get out of town. My son and I are both totally blown away. We've pretty much won the lotto right there.

We walk down to the front and take our seats. His tiny head is spinning the whole show. It's absolutely amazing. Then at the end Eddie is doing a guitar solo in the final song, he sees my son dancing in front of the stage, gives him a shout out and a wave. Strike 2! He is now totally blown away.

Then... and here is the bit I still can't beleive - Eddie comes over to my son during the guitar solo - AND GETS HIM TO PLAY THE FREAKEN GUITAR WITH HIM. It's all happening right in front of me and I simply can not beleive what I am seeing. My 9yo son and Eddie Vedder thrashing out a tune together right in front of me! After the song Eddie came back over and gave my son the pick he was using and an extra one.

Needless to say we were both speechless. It was the greatest single thing I have experienced in my life. On the way out my son told me he's giving up violin and getting a guitar. I was a liittle jealous of my son (not that I told him). I couldn't sleep that night and was just waiting to wake up and expected it to be all a dream.

I really wish i had a photo, but alas no cameras. Anyway, we'll always have the memories of an amazing night.

I'd love to be able to tell Eddie how much that guesture meant to my son and I. It was simply amazing.

Wow that is such an awesome story. Front row upgrade, guitar playing with Ed and picks, just amazing, so happy for you and your son. I love reading these stories. Is your son still really excited or just really cool about the night? I am sure you won't need a photo, as the memory will be etched into your brain from being replayed over and over again!!!
    Thanks for sharing :-)