07. Can’t Keep
08. Sleeping By Myself
09. Light Today
10. Gone
11. No Ceiling
12. Setting Forth
13. Thumbing My Way
14. Corduroy
(Ed wants to take moment and give a “trophy” to a fan named Russell that has been going to many of the Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder solo shows. He says Russell is the embodiment of the type of person you want to like your band. He gives Russell a ukulele as a trophy and suggests that Russell feel free to auction it off so he can keep affording to follow the band on tour.)
15. Off He Goes
16. Black Bird
17. Soldier Of Love [Lay Down Your Arms]-(Arthur Alexander)
18. Lukin
19. Porch

Encore Break 1

20. Last Kiss-(Cochran)
21. Sleepless Nights w/ Glen Hansard-(Bryant, Bryant)
22. Smile w/ Glen Hansard
23. Society w/ Glen Hansard-(Hannan)
24. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young)
25. Hard Sun-(Peterson)
26. Dream A Little Dream Of Me-(Kahn, Andre, Schwandt)

Glen Hansard

01. Love Don’t Leave Me Waiting
02. When Your Mind’s Made Up
03. Step Out Of The Shadows
04. (new song)
05. Come Away To The Water
06. This Gift

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)
Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Kat on

Comments

• Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Another wow... gee wish I had won the lotto so I could've gone to Brisvegas..
    oh and another Beatles cover....darn!
  • Options
    red_devred_dev Adelaide, Australia Posts: 147
    Awesome set list, well done to Russell.

1995 - Adelaide (Memorial Drive Tennis Centre)
    1998 - Adelaide (Thebarton Oval)
    2003 - Adelaide (Adelaide Entertainment Centre)
    2006 - Adelaide I (Adelaide Entertainment Centre)
    2006 - Adelaide II (Adelaide Entertainment Centre)
    2009 - Adelaide (Adelaide Oval)
    2011 - Eddie Vedder (Thebarton Theatre)
    2011 - Eddie Vedder (Thebarton Theatre)
    2014 - Adelaide Big Day Out
  • Options
    loffy81loffy81 Posts: 153
    Awesome show Mr Vedder!! Sometimes, Smile and Picture in a frame were my highlights out of an incredible set as always. See ya Tuesday Ed.
  • Options
    Oh and the kids are alright was awesome (my wife's pregnant) you the man Eddie!!
  • Options
    And Blackbird, Gone, fuck they were all good
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,016
    Brilliant! Great performance. Loved so many but..off he goes...wow! Thanks Eddie!
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    SLRSLR on the long road Posts: 9
    Holy shit how good was that

Thumbing my way way gets me every time

Last Kiss,
    few I haven't heard live since '98 tour
    How much difference does it make...?

Bravo! Pearl Jam, Grazie per vita.
  • Options
    Each time I read these set lists, I hope more and more for a box set release of the boots! So many wonderful songs, and I always love to see Thumbing in the set!!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    jaxxjaxx Posts: 17
    Russell lol... he said Angus, otherwise known as Gus.
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    edited February 2014
    Wow what an amazing 12hrs.Thank you so much Ed and every Ed/ Pj fan I met....you all know who you are. Afternoon started off meeting a 10club member and hanging out for the raffles. A bit later I went into the QPAC to pick up our tickets only to find that tickets were not available but if I stayed I would be the 9th person for the signed poster. "What was the poster?" I asked but no-one knew right until the first poster was sold....talk about anticipation!!!

So my son and I stayed and about 30mins later the group I was with headed out side...I thought our posters were coming....but no we followed to see and meet Ed. Words can't describe the feeling just yet...other than the excitement is still there and I can't sleep!!!!!! Ed shook my sons and my hands and Eds security guard gave my son 2 picks. My son was so excited as you can imagine, not long later when we were waiting for the poster my son was playing with the picks and said "mum which is your favourite pick." I said "batgirl" he looked at me and said " mum this is for you" and he gave me the pick and I almost cried that was the sweetest moment. The people that I sat with while we were waiting were so friendly and we all shared the excitement of being the first 9 and of course meeting Ed thank you guys for making my night so special.

So the concert hadn't started, we had met Ed, my son had given me a pick he was given and I had gotten one of the signed posters and I loved the nautilus snail poster absolutely beautiful and to buy a signed poster on the night we met Ed just amazing.

The night kept getting better I met more lovely people while waiting for the raffle to be drawn. Lasts nights concert was the best of the 3 nights I went too. Glen was amazing as always.

Ed absolutely fantastic set list...like it was written for me. We heard Gone, Soldier of my love, Kids are ok and my most favourite song....Smile, Ed and Glen together what a combination. Ed played to the Brisbane audience like he wanted to please everyone right to the very end, after Hard Sun he couldn't just leave it at that he ran back on stage and we got one more song Dream a little dream. Ed said early on in the night that he wanted tonight to be a bit different...and he came thru. We even got last kiss and Corduroy.
    Thank you again to everyone I met including Ed :) and for such an amazing 12 hr experience. One day I will never forget.
    Post edited by Natashapearljamfan on
  • Options

Wow what an amazing 12hrs.Thank you so much Ed and every Ed/ Pj fan I met....you all know who you are. Afternoon started off meeting a 10club member and hanging out for the raffles. A bit later I went into the QPAC to pick up our tickets only to find that tickets were not available but if I stayed I would be the 9th person for the signed poster. "What was the poster?" I asked but no-one knew right until the first poster was sold....talk about anticipation!!!

So my son and I stayed and about 30mins later the group I was with headed out side...I thought our posters were coming....but no we followed to see and meet Ed. Words can't describe the feeling just yet...other than the excitement is still there and I can't sleep!!!!!! Ed shook my sons and my hands and Eds security guard gave my son 2 picks. My son was so excited as you can imagine, not long later when we were waiting for the poster my son was playing with the picks and said "mum which is your favourite pick." I said "batgirl" he looked at me and said " mum this is for you" and he gave me the pick and I almost cried that was the sweetest moment. The people that I sat with while we were waiting were so friendly and we all shared the excitement of being the first 9 and of course meeting Ed thank you guys for making my night so special.

So the concert hadn't started, we had met Ed, my son had given me a pick he was given and I had gotten one of the signed posters and I loved the nautilus snail poster absolutely beautiful and to buy a signed poster on the night we met Ed just amazing.

The night kept getting better I met more lovely people while waiting for the raffle to be drawn. Lasts nights concert was the best of the 3 nights I went too. Glen was amazing as always.

Ed absolutely fantastic set list...like it was written for me. We heard Gone, Soldier of my love, Kids are ok and my most favourite song....Smile, Ed and Glen together what a combination. Ed played to the Brisbane audience like he wanted to please everyone right to the very end, after Hard Sun he couldn't just leave it at that he ran back on stage and we got one more song Dream a little dream. Ed said early on in the night that he wanted tonight to be a bit different...and he came thru. We even got last kiss and Corduroy.
    Thank you again to everyone I met including Ed :) and for such an amazing 12 hr experience. One day I will never forget.

Wow well done! So happy for you.
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Thank you
  • Options

That is soooo cool! :)

"In fact, punk rock means exemplary manners to your fellow human being. Fuck being an arsehole" - Joe Strummer.

Instagram: pipingroller
    Facebook: Eden Sandwell
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,364
    What a great show! Had a spectacular time and met some great Aussie fans.
  • Options
    Amazing night. Great people, great set and a great perfomance. Also got to meet Eddie after the show
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    Really incredible show last night! My favourite out of Ed's shows that I've seen this tour (I went to all the shows in Perth & Sydney too).

I loved the setlist...the Kids Are Alright & Soldier of Love were highlights for me :).

I also got to meet Eddie after the show, got to shake his hand and I said hello and he said hi back to me. It was a really great night :D.
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    ItsOKayeItsOKaye Posts: 191
    -Emma- said:

Really incredible show last night! My favourite out of Ed's shows that I've seen this tour (I went to all the shows in Perth & Sydney too).

I loved the setlist...the Kids Are Alright & Soldier of Love were highlights for me :).

I also got to meet Eddie after the show, got to shake his hand and I said hello and he said hi back to me. It was a really great night :D.

Well done Emma.....so happy for you
    Im so happy with my righteous self..
  • Options
    Having been fortunate enough to be at both the Saturday & Sunday night concerts in Brisbane, we have the overwhelming compulsion to offer an apology. Eddie, we're not all loud-mouthed, pushy, critical, over-bearing bogans who feel it's our God given right to loudly verbalise for you & everyone else in the venue, every notion that enters our heads. The vast majority of fans in attendance are just happy & honoured to be in the same room as you. We are honestly grateful that you're here and sharing your amazing voice & powerful music with us and don't care what songs you choose to grace us with! We simply love to hear you play & sing...or talk, for that matter...we hang off your every word. Have loved both the shows so far. The variation in the set list from night 1 to night 2, has been amazing. Thank you also for bringing the wonderful Glen Hansard to our attention. From talking to other fans on both nights, he's going to have a huge, new fan base. Looking forward to night 3, Tuesday night & hope to see you back, sooner rather than later. With gratitude & best wishes, Nathan & Sandy :)
  • Options
    What a fabulous night. Ed was in fine form, a set that started out good and just kept getting better. Not sure that I can pick any highlights, I liked it all. But to hear Immortality and Corduroy was a bit special. As was Smile and Ed's dedicating the song to Glen Hansard. It was good to see Ed and Glen perform, they go together so well.

I also object to people constantly calling out, but actually found the audience for this show to be less obtrusive than last time. Maybe it was Ed turning it into more of a conversation. Ed was a lot more talkative this time round and took the time to finish off the Matt Cameron story that he started earlier in the tour. Actually, there is a highlight. Ed's stories and
    humour was something we can never get on an album.

And Glen's set (and stories) was something not to be missed. I agree that he is gong to have a bigger fan base now. It is the first time that I have seen a support act given a standing ovation and it was fully deserved. A talented and entertaining performer.

Thank you Glen and Eddie for a fabulous and unforgettable experience.

And a thank you to Ten Club as well. I'm not sure that I would manage to get tickets on my own out in the wild. They seem to get snapped up before I can even work out how to log in.
  • Options
    I agree that the audience interruptions were less than had to be endured on Eddie's last tour. I also agree that Ed appeared much chattier & more at ease. I wonder if it's a "If you can't beat them, join them" scenario. If that's the case, it's sad that it's come to that. The man's a musical genius & inspiration & obviously puts a great deal of thought & planning into compiling a set list that takes the audience on a journey. I just wish people would afford him the respect he deserves & let him get on with what he does best. Again, absolutely brilliant shows..totally mesmerising!
  • Options
    heidihiheidihi Posts: 114
    Wow! I cannot thank ten club enough- my seats were centre third row and it was the most perfect experience. Both nights 1 & 2 were mind blowing. I am simply humbled by being able to be there..... and thank all for the experience.
    “The human race has only one really effective weapon and that is laughter.” Mark Twain
  • Options
    Well said all of you. I feel truly blessed to be able to be here in Brisbane taking in the shows. Anything he plays or sings is gold. Thanks Ed.
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    VM6909VM6909 Posts: 17
    edited February 2014

The vast majority of fans in attendance are just happy & honoured to be in the same room as you. We are honestly grateful that you're here and sharing your amazing voice & powerful music with us and don't care what songs you choose to grace us with! We simply love to hear you play & sing...or talk, for that matter...we hang off your every word.

This is worded so perfectly and coming from adelaide this is exactly what we would love to experience too! We simply just want to hear u play! Enjoy the shows for those that can they sound amazing.. From previous shows i know how great they can be.
    Post edited by VM6909 on
  • Options
    Wow congrats Brisbane that is an awesome setlist ^:)^
    shows: Shepherds Bush 110809
    Hyde Park 250610
    Bridge School Benefit 23/241010
    Manchester MEN 210612
    Amsterdam Ziggodome 270612
    Berlin '02' 040712
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    Highlights for me on Sunday night were Immortality, Gone, Corduroy and Smile as I had never heard these Ed solo before. Ed was chatty and funny. btw Russell is in fact Angus (Gus) .. but I think most of knew who Ed was talking about anyway. :)

Looking forward to Ed's last show of the tour tonight... it's going to be great but sad as it will be goodbye to Ed as well.
  • Options
    You guys were so lucky to see such fantastic shows!! I am hoping and praying for the boot box set!!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    edwardovedderedwardovedder Brisbane, Australia Posts: 331
    I have a Brisbane night 3 (25 Feb) poster that I'd love to trade for a night 2 (23 Feb) poster if anyone is keen!
    I will be what I could be. Once I get out of this town.
    Brisbane 8 Feb 2003; Brisbane 10,11 Nov 2006; Adelaide 17 Nov 2009; Brisbane 25 Nov 2009; Brisbane 10,12,13 Mar 2011; Gold Coast 19 Jan 2014; Brisbane 23 Feb 2014; Milton Keynes 11 July 2014
  • Options
    Edwardoveddr ... Yep I have a spare poster from night 2 and would 110% love to swap for your night 3 poster .. I am back at work for a couple of weeks now so earliest I could send to you would be approx 12th March.. Can we private message in this forum ??
  • Options
    Such a fantastic gig! Was so so pleased to be able to get into town in time to see it (I travel a lot for work).

Have seen so many awesome stories from people with this EV tour, it's great to see people like NatashaPJF have a brilliant experience to go with a mind blowing gig!

Missed out on a poster, but was stoked to see only one guy ended being a Poster Hog (And got booed for it too!)

Think my only 'disappointment' was my 10c tix were in row M? I've always been really well seated when buying through here so think I was a little shocked to be so far back.
    Not to damper the night anyway!
  • Options
    This is one of the most amazing stories ever... you may want to sit down for this.

So my 9yo son (who is obsessed with Pearl Jam) and I are walking up to our seats up the back of the top section when a guy stops us and asks if we've seen Eddie before. I say my son saw him at the BDO but thats it. He then says he works for Eddie and that we've been upgraded to THE FRONT ROW!!!! Get out of town. My son and I are both totally blown away. We've pretty much won the lotto right there.

We walk down to the front and take our seats. His tiny head is spinning the whole show. It's absolutely amazing. Then at the end Eddie is doing a guitar solo in the final song, he sees my son dancing in front of the stage, gives him a shout out and a wave. Strike 2! He is now totally blown away.

Then... and here is the bit I still can't beleive - Eddie comes over to my son during the guitar solo - AND GETS HIM TO PLAY THE FREAKEN GUITAR WITH HIM. It's all happening right in front of me and I simply can not beleive what I am seeing. My 9yo son and Eddie Vedder thrashing out a tune together right in front of me! After the song Eddie came back over and gave my son the pick he was using and an extra one.

Needless to say we were both speechless. It was the greatest single thing I have experienced in my life. On the way out my son told me he's giving up violin and getting a guitar. I was a liittle jealous of my son (not that I told him). I couldn't sleep that night and was just waiting to wake up and expected it to be all a dream.

I really wish i had a photo, but alas no cameras. Anyway, we'll always have the memories of an amazing night.

I'd love to be able to tell Eddie how much that guesture meant to my son and I. It was simply amazing.