08. Long Road
09. I’m Open
10. Man Of The Hour
11. Far Behind
12. Guaranteed
13. Rise
14. Long NIghts w/ Glen Hansard
15. Unthought Known
16. Throw Your Arms Around Me-(Archer, Falconer, Howard, Miles, Seymour, Smith, Waters)
17. Betterman
18. Porch

Encore Break 1

20. Future Days
21. Growin’ Up-(Springsteen)
22. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away-(Lennon, McCartney)
23. Sleepless Nights w/ Glen Hansard-(Bryant, Bryant)
24. Present Tense w/ Glen Hansard (Ed electric guitar, vocals. Glen acoustic guitar, bg vocals)-Glen plays the main guitar part while Ed comes in during the chorus
25. Society w/ Glen Hansard-(Hannan)
26. Falling Slowly w/ Glen Hansard-(Hansard, Irglová)
27. Parting Ways
28. Arc
29. Ukulele Anthem-(Palmer)
30. Hard Sun w/ Glen Hansard-(Peterson)

Glen Hansard Set List
01. Bird Of Sorrow
02. Love, Don’t Leave Me Waiting
03. When Your Mind’s Made Up
04. McCormick’s Wall
05. Come Away To The Water
06. Revalate
07. Lies
08. This Gift

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)

Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Kat on

Comments

• Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Kat, it's Revelate. Switch the a :)
  • Options
    Present tense was one of the greatest things I've ever seen.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 563
    Long Road. Mid set. Yep.
    Parting Ways. Yep.
    Growin Up. Yeh no worries.
    Original Better Man. Yeeep.
    Present Tense? Yeh throw that in.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    jaxxjaxx Posts: 17
    Mid-set Long Road was very special, and Present Tense was played perfectly - they must have rehearsed it. Future Days was the mirror request except it was also the next song on the set! Ed didn't leave the stage for encore 1. My fav show of tour so far, ahead of Syd 2 & 3.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Awesome setlist! Hope you all had fun!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    Wow
  • Options
    Just brilliant, Ed was at the best I've ever seen him. Long road, present tense and many more were spine tingly good. Wish I had tickets to the next two concerts.
  • Options
    ^theres tickets available for both shows on qpac webpage.
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    Just the other day I commented on Facebook that I'd love to hear Present Tense solo. I'm going tonight and on Tuesday night so hopefully Ed gets this one out again. :)
  • Options
    pearljammonkeypearljammonkey Brisbane Posts: 205
    edited February 2014
    What an awesome night. Present tense was a real surprise. Also surprised at a generally well behaved crowd, i had the perfect position front row of the side balcony and apart from crazy requests like given to fly there were even moments of silence. Perhaps Glen was for real when saying we were his favourite crowd of the tour? Ed took a liking to a young girl in the front row (Brooke?) Gave her and another young boy picks and then lifted her on stage at the end to get her to hit the button to start Hard Sun tape. Ed also feigned to give another guy in the front row one if his ukes which was pretty funny to see. Also more banter about Adelaide serial killers supplying bones for Ed's mock campfire. Long road was dedicated to the people who had requested it on this forum who had grandparents pass away. Ed also told a cute story about his daughter going to studio at time of into the wild and being scared that a bear was there. And then later dancing to ed playing and looking like she was on an acid trip.
    This was my wifes first pj/ed experience, she particularly enjoyed the ITW and uke songs but clearly showed she is a newby when she left for the bathroom mid-Arc lol! And was probably the only person (apart from a lady in the middle of the first row) who didn't get up for Porch...
    Overall it was fantastic can't wait for round 2 tonight this time also taking a non fan my best mate who will be on a comedown from the soundwave fest yesterday.
    Post edited by pearljammonkey on
  • Options
    Amazing night. Worth every cent of the ticket price. I was directly centre of stage fortunately i didnt have to make any crazy song requests to leave for toilet break ( if you were there you know what i mean lol)
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,013
    My first Ed solo show and wow what a night! So many highlights, amazing set list. Standouts SBM, Long Road, Present Tense, Betterman, Throw your Arms...everything. Sleepingless Nights and Present tense flawless. He is a true entertainer, performer and just a delight to watch live. Am going tonight and Tues as well. Plus Bruce Wed and fly back home Thurs morning certainly a happy soul.

Thank you 10club for brilliant seats. 3rd row from front smack bang in the centre right in front of my idol.

Fantastic stuff! Thanks Ed....
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700

Kat, it's Revelate. Switch the a :)

Dear Kat, it's Queensland Performing Arts Centre, not Brisbane Performing Arts Center. :)
  • Options
    Also forgot the funniest moment of the night for me was Glen's impression of where they are staying in Fortitude Valley!!!
  • Options

Also forgot the funniest moment of the night for me was Glen's impression of where they are staying in Fortitude Valley!!!

What did he say about it? I love the Valley! I miss Brissy.

"In fact, punk rock means exemplary manners to your fellow human being. Fuck being an arsehole" - Joe Strummer.

Instagram: pipingroller
    Facebook: Eden Sandwell
  • Options
    "The whole street is one big fucking pub"
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007

Present tense was one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

That would of been Good to have seen that
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    Brilliant set, fun stories from Glen and Ed.
    Big thanks for Ed from my Mum, my sister and me for the dedication Long Road to our family.

See you again tonight.
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 946
    Awesome, how i'd love to hear present tense, wink wink, anyone?!?!
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    ^^^ What!??!? Ed dedicated Long Road to your family? Yay! Tell us more. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    Just sensational night. For anyone going to the next 2 nights- make sure you watch Glen!!! He is phenominal!!
    Was praying/ hoping for Long Road, so when he opened with I am Mine I though I would have to wait til tonight to get it. But no- mid set, followed by I'm Open and Man of the Hour!! Jaw droppingly Good!!
    I'm sure he gets better every year I see him.
    First 45 minutes crowd was really well behaved, then a few request started getting yelled out. The last hour was pretty consistent, but not as bad as other times I have seen him. People just need to shut up.

I am also amazed at the amount of people who get multiple times during the show for toilet or drinks break and miss songs etc. I may not be normal, but I do everything I can to ensure I don't miss a second of the show, although I certainly understand that people may need to get up for 1 toilet break. When people are consistently squeezing past you to get their 4 th beer in 30 minutes, I think they are very selfish and not considering those around them- but I guess that's the world we live in now. Just my 2cents, but I loved the show!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    Lots of crowd requests - someone yelled out for Spin The Black Circle to which Ed replied 'That would be a terrible, terrible idea'. He handled the idiots in the crowd really well last night, didn't take things too seriously.
  • Options

What did he say about it? I love the Valley! I miss Brissy.

Also have a good impression of girls in short skirts and high heels at 5pm! "doof doof doof, the whole place is one big pub!"
  • Options
    WhoWho Posts: 34
    Just wondering how the signed posters worked (missed out by 2 people!). I saw the people lucky enough to get one were moved to side of the merch line - did you they then take your names etc and bring back a signed poster...or did you happen to meet the big man himself?
  • Options
    mick29mick29 Posts: 37
    Even more bummed now I missed this show, was supposed to be heading up to work at Soundwave for a mate and had lined up a ticket with a fellow 10C member and was going to duck over from the showgrounds. But wasn't too be as the little diva inside my pregnant wife decided to make things interesting and I didn't make the trip at all.

Can't believe he played Present Tense and had a 30 song set! I would love to hear Present Tense in a solo show. The only other songs I would bust a gut to here in a solo show that I haven't heard would be Smile, Save You, I Got ID and Amongst the Waves.
  • Options
    Lucky you! I also got tickets through 10club and we were six rows from the back!

My first Ed solo show and wow what a night! So many highlights, amazing set list. Standouts SBM, Long Road, Present Tense, Betterman, Throw your Arms...everything. Sleepingless Nights and Present tense flawless. He is a true entertainer, performer and just a delight to watch live. Am going tonight and Tues as well. Plus Bruce Wed and fly back home Thurs morning certainly a happy soul.

Thank you 10club for brilliant seats. 3rd row from front smack bang in the centre right in front of my idol.

Fantastic stuff! Thanks Ed....

• Options
    KempyKempy Posts: 3
    I hear ya, 10club tickets, second row from the back. Lucky I took my glasses! Fantastic show regardless, Ed sounded amazing. Glad we got there early and caught Glen, he was great. The intimacy and acoustics in QPAC are so much better than boondall/suncorp/qe2
    KS173950 said:

Lucky you! I also got tickets through 10club and we were six rows from the back!

• Options
    lothylothy Brisbane Posts: 1
    Awesome show last night. Ed is obviously brilliant but Glen Hansard was excellent too. I'm really glad we went in early to see him....highly recommended! Highlights were Better Man which got the crowd going, then straight into Porch which had everyone on their feet!! Lowlights were a couple of idiots consistently calling out and our 10 club tickets being three rows from the back. Great show nonetheless and I can't wait until Eddie and Pearl Jam return next time.
    "There's a trapdoor in the sun."

Pearl Jam - Brisbane March 15 1998
    Pearl Jam - Brisbane February 9 2003
    Pearl Jam - Brisbane November 11 2006
    Pearl Jam - Brisbane November 25 2009
    Pearl Jam - Gold Coast January 19 2014
    Eddie Vedder - Sydney March 19 2011
    Eddie Vedder - Brisbane February 22 2014
  • Options
    a man we will soon forgeta man we will soon forget Brisbane Australia Posts: 35
    Whats this about signed posters?
    Another man moved by sleight of hand.
  • Options
    JodesterJodester Posts: 11
    edited February 2014
    What an amazing first-time experience. I cried from the first song to the very last. So much that I had to leave to the toilets twice just so I could compose myself, which I hated to do because I missed a little of two songs. So much emotion came flooding out. If only there were a word for that feeling you get when music does that to you. Ed and Glen were very present and engaged and seemed very relaxed. I only wish I could have attended the other two nights. Thanks Ed and Glen. You both touched my heart. It was one of the highlights of my life.
    Post edited by Jodester on
    Seeing Eddie for the first time - 22/2/14