Options

Will Pearl Jam appear in the Fuji Rock Festival in Japan?

A friend sent me the flyer announcing that Pear Jam would appear in the Fuji Rock Festival in Japan in the summer along with Beck and Arcade Fire. If it is true, Japanese fans can finally see them after so many many years.

Comments

• Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Dates are July 25-27, so I could see it working.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    Hope not, for a band that loves the ocean as much as pearl jam does hopefully they won't play there again until japan stops their brutal and senseless slaughter of dolphins and whales.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544

Hope not, for a band that loves the ocean as much as pearl jam does hopefully they won't play there again until japan stops their brutal and senseless slaughter of dolphins and whales.

And that whole nuclear debacle...

• Options
    EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103

And that whole nuclear debacle...

Yeah but there's still so many PJ fans there who have nothing to do with any of that bullshit. It's not as if PJ refusing to play will in any way put an end to any of that stuff. That would be cool and if it were the case then I'd vote that they should boycott playing there.

People gave Grimes shit for playing in Russia because of the strict anti-gay laws there. Her response was why should she neglect her Russian fans, both gay and straight, for the faults of their government.

I think this is similar enough and it wouldn't be fair to the Japanese fans. By playing there and speaking out against the fucked up shit that goes down, there's a greater chance of reaching people on the issue, as opposed to boycotting playing the country for it.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,911
    Paige-Roo said:

A friend sent me the flyer announcing that Pear Jam would appear in the Fuji Rock Festival in Japan in the summer along with Beck and Arcade Fire. If it is true, Japanese fans can finally see them after so many many years.

Pearl Jam & Beck @ Fuji Rock Festival in Japan? That would be awesome!! B-)

Arcade Fire on the other hand?

• Options
    This should bring more hype.

My 30th birthday is on the 24th of July.

If they play some concerts (not festivals) in Japan around that time, I'll be there.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    LenzLenz Posts: 89
    Hmm Beck will Play Pitchfork Music Festival in Chicago on 18th-20th July

http://www.beck.com/index.php/homepage

Thus the flyer seems to be not correct - and the Fuji Rock Homepage says that bands won't be announced before March
  • Options
    EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103
    Lenz said:

Hmm Beck will Play Pitchfork Music Festival in Chicago on 18th-20th July

http://www.beck.com/index.php/homepage

Thus the flyer seems to be not correct - and the Fuji Rock Homepage says that bands won't be announced before March

I'm confused. Pitchfork and Fuji are a week apart. Totally possible Beck plays both.
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777

If they play some concerts (not festivals) in Japan around that time, I'll be there.

No you still have to go to see Pj if it's a festival, I didn't want to go to see PJ at Australias Bdo but they were amazing so glad I went...so many people wouldn't go because they were playing at Bdo and tickets were very expensive but so worth it when we lined up 1.5 hrs before PJ played and we were close to the front. So don't let a festival change your plans. We had an awesome day seeing so many other great bands.
  • Options

No you still have to go to see Pj if it's a festival, I didn't want to go to see PJ at Australias Bdo but they were amazing so glad I went...so many people wouldn't go because they were playing at Bdo and tickets were very expensive but so worth it when we lined up 1.5 hrs before PJ played and we were close to the front. So don't let a festival change your plans. We had an awesome day seeing so many other great bands.
    I will not travel from Sweden to Japan for a festival gig :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    ajaxbroajaxbro Posts: 352
    Looks to be true. Just saw an email anouncement.
  • Options
    At midnight Feb. 27 Smash Corporation released the first list of artists who will play at this year's Fuji Rock Festival, at the Naeba Ski Resort in Niigata Prefecture July 25-27.   

The Waterboys, Preservation Hall Jazz Band,Phil Lesh, Phoenix, Pixies, Pearl Jam,Megadeth, Manic Street Preachers, Kraftwerk,Kanye West, Jack Johnson, Garland Jeffreys,Franz Ferdinand, Fanfare Ciocarlia, Beck,Basement Jaxx, Arcade Fire, Metronomy,Bombay Bicycle Club, Jonathan Wilson,Azealia Banks, Parquet Courts, Darkside (US)
  • Options
    Hoping for concert date in Tokyo!!!
  • Options
    My 30th birtyday will be celebrated in Japan!! Woohoo! Don't have to organize a party here in Sweden!
  • Options
    So, this means Asian tour. or do you guys think theyll do this and then return home?
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    surely they will see expand into a mini Asian tour.......hopefully the phillipines and Indonesia get their shows too.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,069
    edited February 2014
    pdalowsky said:

surely they will see expand into a mini Asian tour.......hopefully the phillipines and Indonesia get their shows too.

Yeah! But hoping for one regular concert in Japan. Will not travel to any other asian countries, if not North Korea or China I guess which are a bit exciting :)
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    If I could pick I'd do Indonesia, looks to be a wonderful beautiful place to visit.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,911
    pdalowsky said:

If I could pick I'd do Indonesia, looks to be a wonderful beautiful place to visit.

If the Fuji Rock Festival in Japan is official, there will probably be an Indonesia event as well. :)

• Options
    pdalowsky said:

Not a big traveller, but I've always dreamt about visiting New York and Tokyo.

Visited New York this fall (and watched Pearl Jam in Philadelphia)

And want to catch them in Tokyo (or Japan).

Indonesia seems cool, been to Vietnam once, but it's not a dream place and not "worth" the cost from Sweden (maybe if I'm rich someday :))

So hopefully 2-3 dates in Japan! And for all Asian fans dates in other Asian countries!

But is this really official??

• Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    The promoter's website and Twitter make no mention of an announcement.
  • Options
    CopperTom said:

The promoter's website and Twitter make no mention of an announcement.

Yes. And saw another site report on it, and Pearl Jam, Arcade Fire and Beck wasn't mentioned.
  • Options
    LenzLenz Posts: 89
    ajaxbro said:

At midnight Feb. 27 Smash Corporation released the first list of artists who will play at this year's Fuji Rock Festival, at the Naeba Ski Resort in Niigata Prefecture July 25-27.   

The Waterboys, Preservation Hall Jazz Band,Phil Lesh, Phoenix, Pixies, Pearl Jam,Megadeth, Manic Street Preachers, Kraftwerk,Kanye West, Jack Johnson, Garland Jeffreys,Franz Ferdinand, Fanfare Ciocarlia, Beck,Basement Jaxx, Arcade Fire, Metronomy,Bombay Bicycle Club, Jonathan Wilson,Azealia Banks, Parquet Courts, Darkside (US)

it's February 26th today...
  • Options
    Interesting. I got this from pollstar. Maybe an early announcment by mistake. Anyone else get it?
  • Options
    Lenz said:

ajaxbro said:

it's February 26th today...
    Haha, exactly.

Planetickets cancelled!
  • Options
    radarradar Posts: 769
    Actually it might be midnight Feb 27th in Japan already. Time difference
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    if this happens... and it looks pretty legit.... then i hope PJ would offer one of their travel packages to make life easier on us dumb americans :)
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    kanye and jack johnson have been announced... i think this is happening folks

VERY fucking interesting
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    Not happening. The line up is already on their website.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    my2hands said:

kanye and jack johnson have been announced... i think this is happening folks

VERY fucking interesting

not just them. The entire line up is there.

I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam