Options

*** EV Solo - Melbourne 1 Fanviews Here 02/16/14 ***

2»

Comments

• Options
    aus_suz said:

Thanks Mrsroxysaranga thanks for that... u have a good memory.
    Yeah these shows would be great released as boots..
    Wish I had more than one show but happy I got one anyway, just being greedy... :)

Yeah me too, I should be happy, I got to see PJ and then Ed solo in one week! And I'm happy, I just get jealous of everyone who is able to indulge! And I can't help being excited for everyone too!!

"In fact, punk rock means exemplary manners to your fellow human being. Fuck being an arsehole" - Joe Strummer.

Instagram: pipingroller
    Facebook: Eden Sandwell
  • Options
    NiktoNikto Melbourne, Australia Posts: 132
    I thought he said 'speed of sound' was written for and during the writing session with Ronnie Woods.
    Melbourne: March 17 1995, March 18 1995, March 2 1998, February 18 2003, November 13 2006, November 20 2009, January 24 2014
    Ed Solo
    Melbourne: March 24 2011, February 16 2014
  • Options
    You might be right there Nikto. I def remember the no sleep quip and I remember thinking it interesting that a song off Backspacer was written in the presence of an 'outsider' but was a PJ song rather than an Ed solo album song... so it could have been speed of sound... Sorry for the bad intel ;P

Just came across a review of Sundays performance. It recalls a few of the other anecdotes, if anyone's interested.

http://m.thevine.com.au/#article/274413

I've also moved on from the bootleg idea. Hubby just had the AFL on TV and seriously there was no one at the ground. I asked why are they televising something that no one can even be bothered attending and he said there would be a heap more at home watching it. I reckon if they can televise stupid footy preseason practice matches, they can televise Ed's concerts. For crying out loud, the 3 Melbourne shows were sold out in about 15 min. Pearl Jam TV anyone? :D
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    I also remembered Ed saying how a friend of a friend of friend etc.. gave him 4 recordings of songs that his Dad had done and they were or one was playing at the start before he came on stage. I remembering listening to the music before Ed came on stage thinking about the song playing and how it reminded me of another song.. anyway it was cool that Ed shared that.