Options

Picks?

lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,059
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
just wondered how many people this tour have aquired picks and how did they get them. i managed to wait outside paris and the guitar tech came out and gave us some yellow mike picks with palm trees on .
any stories?
brixton 93
astoria 06
albany 06
hartford 06
reading 06
barcelona 06
paris 06
wembley 07
dusseldorf 07
nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    On this tour I got Ed's pick (His initials on 1 side & the 2 surf boards on the other side) and a Mike McCreadys palm tree pick.

Also got me a Lisbon2 setlist!

I framed the picks with the ticket of the gig I got it at.
    What do other people do with it??
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    In Paris I caught the busted tambourine Mike threw in the audience when they left the stage. Kinda hard to frame a tambourine, though. :D

Pretty weird what happens when you walk around with that in your hand. Pretty girls came up to me congratulating me, a guy said I had to 'guard it with my life' and some others looked at me as if I was Eddie Vedder himself.

I'm really thrilled about it though, and I'll cherisch it and give it a special spot. Great touchable souvenir.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Ed gave me his plec after they played Education in Dublin... I feel like an idiot saying that... but it is what happened!!!
    edit: It has his initials on one side and a wave on the other, really snazzy looking!

I also found a Jeff plec on the ground after the show. Its really worn too!

Pretty proud of myself- good going for my first PJ show!!! Have to get a frame for them!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    On this tour I got Ed's pick (His initials on 1 side & the 2 surf boards on the other side) and a Mike McCreadys palm tree pick.

Also got me a Lisbon2 setlist!

I framed the picks with the ticket of the gig I got it at.
    What do other people do with it??

i put all my picks inside my wallet in the clear part where your I.D is supposed to go so i can look at them all the time!! I do find it a bit dangerous though, i need to find a new place to put them soon.
    I got 2 Jeff picks from Jeff at the Los Angeles Secret show at the Henry Fonda ( i had a yellow sign that looked like a pick asking for Jeff's pick on one side and praising Jeff on the other) I would have had 3 Jeff picks if the stupid security guard didnt give it away to the guy next to me (heres video of Jeff pointing me out at the last S.F show--http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8404246736717483445&q=pearl+jam+San+Francisco
    i had the same Jeff signs taped on the rail for all 3 shows)
    I got two mike picks too from the Fonda show i believe and a tambourine from Ed from S.F night 1....

heres a picture of all the picks and the tambourine

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a323/yeild2pearljam/stuff.jpg
  • Options
    that is one outstanding collection . welldone
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    caught an 'EV / 23' pick at the Borgata show after Ed's preset. And a Mike pick back in '03

all4
  • Options
    i would love to get an ed pick,well or any others really .
    any for trade?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    I found a mike pic in Barcelona at the front of the stage as soon as we were let into the venue. Pretty worn maybe it was from the soundcheck.
    Walks on his own...with thoughts he can't help thinking...

Wembley `96 x2
    Manchester 2000
    Cardiff 2000
    Dublin 2006
    reading 2006
    Barcelona 2006
  • Options
    just wondered how many people this tour have aquired picks and how did they get them. i managed to wait outside paris and the guitar tech came out and gave us some yellow mike picks with palm trees on .
    any stories?

I managed to get one! having lost my space front row due to nature taking its cause after my mornign jacket my best mate held on front row and got mike's pick after he played alive! he gave it to me to cheer me up, tremendous!
    'Life comes from within your heart and desire'

~~Wembley 2000, Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007~~
  • Options
    Peter CPeter C Posts: 238
    I noticed on e-bay about a week ago a security guard was selling a pick Ed threw into the crowd at Reading (mr security guard must have caught it and did'nt hand it to anyone in the crowd) their was a pic of him at Reading with it and to top it off, it went for £40.
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • Options
    Apparently Ed used Jeff's pic to play the ukulele at Reading. Ed tossed it to the crowd but since the security barrier is so far from the stage it landed in front. A security guard kept it and it sold for £77 ($145) on Ebay. Probably alot more than he made working as a security guard that night. LOL
  • Options
    pbhack wrote:
    Apparently Ed used Jeff's pic to play the ukulele at Reading. Ed tossed it to the crowd but since the security barrier is so far from the stage it landed in front. A security guard kept it and it sold for £77 ($145) on Ebay. Probably alot more than he made working as a security guard that night. LOL

thats so sad, especially if it was meant for someone specific.
    that sure is a lot to pay for a guitar pick
  • Options
    got one from mike at the astoria...on its last legs now.
  • Options
    Got a Mike pick at Dublin... He threw a handful into the crowd, and I didn't get one initially... Then a really nice girl named Ruth who had seen my "Mike McCready - 1/2 Man, 1/2 Guitar Solo" sign gave me one of the two she got. Couldn't thank her enough.

THANKS RUTH!!!
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    i cant believe some people would use the picks. i never would
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    any stories?
    Mike threw me a pick in Hamilton 2005.....total connection. It was so far away but I know he was throwing it to me....undescribable and unbelievable.

p.s. I love you Mike.
  • Options
    Got a Mike pick at Dublin... He threw a handful into the crowd, and I didn't get one initially... Then a really nice girl named Ruth who had seen my "Mike McCready - 1/2 Man, 1/2 Guitar Solo" sign gave me one of the two she got. Couldn't thank her enough.

THANKS RUTH!!!

Thats a great story.
  • Options
    Mike threw me a pick in Hamilton 2005.....total connection. It was so far away but I know he was throwing it to me....undescribable and unbelievable.

p.s. I love you Mike.

thats great to actually catch it as you know they change direction several times in the air,well done
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    blue_rainblue_rain London Posts: 163
    I have 3. A Mike one that hit me in the face at the Astoria (thanks Mike!), an Eddie one from Marseille and a Jeff one from Bern. My friend caught the Jeff one and I was given a Mike one, so we traded.

I caught a Jeff one in Stockholm 2000, but it was stolen from me a few years ago. Grr.
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    I got a Mike plec from the Dublin show. He used it during Do The Evolution then flicked it out. I was right in front of Vedder so I didn't think any Mike plecs would come anywhere near me, but it landed on the other side of the barrier and a steward was nice enough to pick it up and give it to me. I bought a poster, so gonna get it framed with the 10c wristband and Mike's plec.

My friend ended up getting Ed's 2nd Tambourine. So we were both pretty chuffed. :D
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    still hoping for one..not lucky enough yet :(
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    I got Stone's pic Lisbon night 1. He was throwing loads out....he was on fire that night. The pic is orange. Of course!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*