Options

Lollapalooza Chicago 2014 Rumors UPDATED!

Comments

• Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    I'd fly up for a Lolla show

Kinda liked seeing PJ in a festival atmosphere where not everyone was there to see them (when I went to Voodoo on 11/1/13)
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,244
    Yep. Metallica will also Headline.

• Options
    Karmaholic1Karmaholic1 SoCal Posts: 83

Yep, looks like a visit to Sweet Home Chicago is in my future. Was so excited when they retweeted.
    I wish I was a radio song, the one that you turned up
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Disappointing if they only play one north american show and this is it
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    If the rumors are true then this will be the last show in North America this year. I hope not.

Maybe another warm up show like the VIC in 2007?
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    PorchRadioPorchRadio Aurora, IL Posts: 233
    I would love a full show (I last saw them at Voodoo, with Wrigley before that), but living in the Chicago area, if they are only going to play one show, this would make me very happy. Oh and a Vic warm up show for the fan club only please!!!!
    1995 Soldier Field, Chicago
    1998 Alpine Valley, WI
    2000 Indianapolis, IN
    2011 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2013 Wrigley Field
    2013 Voodoo Fest New Orleans, LA
    2014 Moline, IL (No Code)
    2014 Milwaukee, WI (Yield)
    2016 Greenville, SC (Vs)
    2016 Columbia, SC
    2016 Bonnaroo
    2016 Wrigley I & II
  • Options

If the rumors are true then this will be the last show in North America this year. I hope not.

This will be the first show of the North American Fall tour. They will be in Europe until the second week of July, Lolla is the first weekend of August.

• Options

This will be the first show of the North American Fall tour. They will be in Europe until the second week of July, Lolla is the first weekend of August.

I hope you're right. I want to see a full show this year.
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Now, if this was one stop out of another 10 or 12 shows throughout the Midwest and South - I would be stoked. But if this is the only show considered to be their Midwest "tour" - I would be severely disappointed.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited March 2014
    CCC runs Lolla and ACL. They usually try to double-book their bands.
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,495
    http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-79657878/

Where is it confirmed they will play lolla? This article doesn't confirm it.
  • Options
    dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611

good!!! hopes are restored for a full fall tour!! woulda liked a destination show but ill take multiple shows over one 2 hr night anyday
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403

Great! Hope is restored for the overdue return to the Twin Cities. PJ play MN 2014
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Well... Conflicting reports coming out today that is for sure. Maybe they're not playing it?

Next week is the announcement of full line up... wait and see I guess.
    Post edited by coco butter on
  • Options

Greg usually knows his stuff.... However skrillex will headline the DJ stage, not one of the main stages. Is eminem really relevant enough in 2014 for a headline spot? I still think PJ is a lock this year.
  • Options
    ahill721ahill721 Posts: 2,071
    I am pretty confident of PJ being there as well.....
  • Options
    PorchRadioPorchRadio Aurora, IL Posts: 233
    Gotta remember that there are technically 6 headliner spots for Lolla. I am still pretty confident that they are one of the remaining two (with Outkast as the other, hopefully).
    1995 Soldier Field, Chicago
    1998 Alpine Valley, WI
    2000 Indianapolis, IN
    2011 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2013 Wrigley Field
    2013 Voodoo Fest New Orleans, LA
    2014 Moline, IL (No Code)
    2014 Milwaukee, WI (Yield)
    2016 Greenville, SC (Vs)
    2016 Columbia, SC
    2016 Bonnaroo
    2016 Wrigley I & II
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648

seems like a pretty solid hint that PJ are going to be slotted to headline to me...

i'd take that tweet as pretty good evidence, no matter what the chicago tribune has to say...

hopefully the metallica part is true too.... frankly i'd rather PJ and Metallica over anyone listed in the tribune's report...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,307
    Please no Lollapalooza, full US tour especially in the Midwest
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 745
    I am sooooooooooooooooooooo sick of PJ doing festival type/ one time big event shows as their only stop in Midwest. The shows where fans fly in from all over the world and make good tix/good seats next to impossible to get. Like someone said earlier, give us a couple of nights at the UC like the good old days...

But it's still better then nothing I suppose ;)
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I really hope we get some dates this fall.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    Gvn2fly said:

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo sick of PJ doing festival type/ one time big event shows as their only stop in Midwest. The shows where fans fly in from all over the world and make good tix/good seats next to impossible to get. Like someone said earlier, give us a couple of nights at the UC like the good old days...

hey - at least you'll get a show.

if PJ is playing Lollapalooza, they're likely playing ACL as well, since the people at 3C have gotten lazy the last few years and double booked most every headliner...

which means, once again, no houston show. sometimes i fucking hate austin. Houston is 7 million people vs < 1 million in Austin, and Houston can't get a show as 3C has a contractual block on Houston for the headliners...

At least when they do it for Lolla it makes sense as Chicago is the biggest city in the region...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    @shep: My hope is that you are right and Lolla is a one-off (in terms of timing) and that whatever they do in the US this year feeds off of ACL... that comes from personal selfishness as August is a terrible month for me to see shows :)
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Gvn2fly said:

Completely agree. A couple nights at the UC would be great. Would much rather have that over Lolla. But it's kinda hard to complain anytime that PJ plays in your hometown...especially with the lack of touring the past few years.
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    Dear PJ, there is more than one city in the Midwest.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options

Dear PJ, there is more than one city in the Midwest.

Dear Pearl Jam,

I don't know if you've ever heard of this place called Houston?

It's the 4th largest metro in the US.... and... wait a second... Eddie Was actually born here?

Wait again... last time Ed toured the US, he had to add a second show in Houston due to demand? At the largest venue for the tour? Wow....

Please stop by.

Sincerely,

shep.

P.S. that being said, I will be at ACL regardless of whether or not PJ plays.... And I'd say lolla too, but if that article published by the Tribune is the only headliners for festival, I might blow it off and drink all weekend in Chicago instead....
    ;)
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    edited March 2014

CCC runs Lolla and ACL. They usually try to double-book their bands.

I can live with that, I am hitting ACL this year. :)

By the way lolla is a fucking blast. Of course its not the same as seeing PJ in an arena, but its a blast. 2007 was a ton of fun.
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    Lolla 07' was not only the worst PJ show ive ever been to, but the worst show. PJ's performance was fine (and MMJ and KOL were amazing), but I've never been in a crowd that was filled with so many a**holes. A lot of the people were trying to reenact what Lolla would have been in 92. At one point, there was such a crowd surge from behind that I was pinned between the guy in front and in back of me...I could lift my feet off the ground while suspended in mid-air...it was a terrible feeling and it felt like we were about to get trampled. A little later on, a girl crowdsurfing was literally thrown from some people behind my gf and I, knocking my girlfriend and a teenage boy in front of her. The crazy part was that we were not even that close, about 100 yards back at right/center. If I were to go again, I would not go anywhere near the stage. I'm sure not everyone had this experience, but I wish they would just play Grant Park without the Lolla Fest title...I swear it brings out the biggest dick heads of all time who are there for every reason except the music. We had such a great time the entire day, until Evenflow hit...
  • Options
    dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
    lets hope its not just lolla
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden