"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    I think the "he" we are referring to is Dimitris.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    Shhhhhhhh the last time this was discussed in a thread it was closed :(
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

chadwick said:

what is just done? according to who?

pj. me.

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    imalive said:

he made some very good points earlier in this very thread on why the changes were no good for him esthetically.

I'm also saying "who?" but I'm not being a smartass. who is " he"?
    dimitrispearljam.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited May 2014
    after 2 billion complaints each
    why be here? it is not a prison
    it is not a concrete block around one's feet
    it is not the playboy mansion
    it is not a pile of humbolt's best
    not a not a not a

it just aint

These are like lyrics, chadwick. Made me smile, thank you.

And Hugh - AMT is a racist pile of shit to hang out in where no constructive dialogue ever happens anymore?

Kind of harsh and hateful.

I get something out of it from time to time - even more than that, actually - and I think most discuss issues civilly and fairly openly - up until your comments here, I'dve included you too.

Those folks certainly have my respect, even if our thoughts diverge.

Sorry you see it otherwise.
  • Options
    ever watch your eye twitch in a magnifying mirror? so cool.
  • Options
    The kids these days call them I-twitches ;)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,737

It isnt just the forum changes, but i think that was the last straw for many, like myself. The new album is their worst ever, they keep putting out sub par member packages, making more t shirts that no one would wear, lost dogs is running rampant with nothing but flippers, AMT is a racist piece pile of shit to hang out in where no constructive dialogue ever happens anymore....its just....done.

Exaggerate much?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

It isnt just the forum changes, but i think that was the last straw for many, like myself. The new album is their worst ever, they keep putting out sub par member packages, making more t shirts that no one would wear, lost dogs is running rampant with nothing but flippers, AMT is a racist piece pile of shit to hang out in where no constructive dialogue ever happens anymore....its just....done.

Exaggerate much?
    that's just how I see it. fine if you don't agree.

Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Exaggerate much?
    that's just how I see it. fine if you don't agree.

Lost Dogs is running rampant with nothing but flippers? They are making t-shirts that no one would wear? No constructive dialogue ever happens in the AMT anymore? These things are just not true. It's not a matter of opinion.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    hedonist said:

after 2 billion complaints each
    why be here? it is not a prison
    it is not a concrete block around one's feet
    it is not the playboy mansion
    it is not a pile of humbolt's best
    not a not a not a

it just aint

These are like lyrics, chadwick. Made me smile, thank you.

And Hugh - AMT is a racist pile of shit to hang out in where no constructive dialogue ever happens anymore?

Kind of harsh and hateful.

I get something out of it from time to time - even more than that, actually - and I think most discuss issues civilly and fairly openly - up until your comments here, I'dve included you too.

Those folks certainly have my respect, even if our thoughts diverge.

Sorry you see it otherwise.

Not hateful.

it's not the good people over at AMT I'm talking about. it's the constant baiting and flaming that goes on. it's rampant, and it has effectively killed any reasonable dialogue that can go on. I used to get something out of it. I enjoyed open discussions about things, not EVEN with people I disagreed with, but ESPECIALLY with people I disagreed with, cause you don't learn anything from whose opinion you share. I learned a lot from people who didn't share my views and remained respectful about it. But almost all of the recent discussions I was last involved with over there almost always turn into insult-fests. So to me there's no point anymore.

But, as gimme said at the beginning of this thread, it's actually a positive that I don't spend as much time on here anymore. At one point, I was coming here way too often. Now that I'm rarely here, I don't even turn on my pc anymore at home. So it's almost a relief!

:)
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Darkness washed over the Dude ...darker than a black steer's tookus on a moonlight prairie ...
  • Options
    this is the exact type of shit that drove me away:
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/232498/mystery-box#latest
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    edited May 2014

this is the exact type of shit that drove me away:
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/232498/mystery-box#latest

Fair enough if you're not interested in the talk about merch, but why not just ignore those threads? I mean, whatever, do what you want, but I just don't see why merch discussions would actually drive people away when we can all choose which threads to pay attention to and which ones to ignore. Some people like discussing merch. I see nothing wrong with that.
  • Options
    it's the constant attacking thing. I obviously have no issues with people talking about merch, it's people who attack people who bitch. bitching about bitching. people don't see the fucking irony in doing that. and I don't know what a thread contains until I read it, so how do I know which threads to stay away from? I saw a thread titled "mystery box", so I clicked on it, thinking someone one was going to be excited to tell us what they got. if it said "this US only shipping shit is annoying", then I wouldn't have opened it.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    my point is not to try to convince anyone else to leave. people just seem to be getting all bent out of shape about people leaving, then passive-agressively telling people "you aren't forced to be here". same old shit.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,626

imalive said:

he made some very good points earlier in this very thread on why the changes were no good for him esthetically.

I'm also saying "who?" but I'm not being a smartass. who is " he"?
    dimitrispearljam.
    I've never met the guy....I guess he's cool....but as far as this forum, he didn't have a lot to say.....a bunch of lols and smilies.

now....let's get back to talking about stupid shit.....but be careful.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    he racked up 17 billion posts by typing "lol" or :(|)

i've nothing against the man, he is a hoot, but his 17 billion posts might should actually read 3 not 17,000,000,000
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    edited May 2014

my point is not to try to convince anyone else to leave. people just seem to be getting all bent out of shape about people leaving, then passive-agressively telling people "you aren't forced to be here". same old shit.

I think people (not me ;) ) get bent out of shape not because people leave, but because it's such a drag for them to go somewhere that they still enjoy and are attempting to have a good time chatting with others who are there for the same thing and all these people are shitting all over what they are trying to enjoy and saying that what people are chatting about sucks, etc. It's just a huge drag for the people who still want to be here.
    I guess saying "you aren't forced to be here" is their way of saying "please shut up about how much you hate the place and let those who want to be here enjoy it".
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    people making fun of others because of their post count and the reasons they shouldn't have that number. reason #374. later.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    chadwick said:

he racked up 17 billion posts by typing "lol" or :(|)

i've nothing against the man, he is a hoot, but his 17 billion posts might should actually read 3 not 17,000,000,000

He never hurt anyone - who cares what he posted otherwise (and he did post plenty of useful shit btw)? Also, let's not talk about it, since it will get the thread locked. :)
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited May 2014
    geewiz folks

like anyone could ever have 17,000,000,000 posts & actually only have 3 that weren't "lol" or :(|)

that's funny & not at all serious or meant to be harmful

sarcasm is good fun

i am not sorry that i am not very serious 24x7

Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Sarcasm is great, but there has been all kinds of actual trash talk on that particular topic, so it's a sore spot for his friends and for the mods. ;)
  • Options

people making fun of others because of their post count and the reasons they shouldn't have that number. reason #374. later.

Totally see PJ_Soul's point and also completely agree with this here.

As to opening / knowing to avoid certain threads, it'd be great to get that hover feature back here - mouse over a topic and get the gist.

In case anyone's listening :>
  • Options
    it's.just.the.internet.
    chadwick said:

sarcasm is good fun

• Options
    wow i stink at the draft messages thing.

i'll just leave it, whatev.
  • Options
    dimi, PJ, Hugh, chad.....you're all aces in my book....I had no idea this was such a touchy topic.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    cfbd68cfbd68 Posts: 228
    WOW #-o . I guess I haven't missed all too much since I've been away from this site. Hope things pick up a bit with more tour info.
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder, to find an approach and a way to live
    Constant Recoil..Sometimes life, Don't leave you alone
    When the anxious is the present, unwrap your gifts, take your time
  • Options
    ^^^^ I had no idea there was a face palm in the new smilies!

at least there's that
    #-o

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13