Options

No More

13»

Comments

• Options
    noceilingnoceiling Posts: 41
    Give peace and love a chance.[/quote

How is this a war for the rich? I have a fair amount of money & i have seen no profit from the war. What you spread are lies and hate. This war was an excuse to overthrow Saddam not a war to make people rich.

If Barrack becomes president who is everyone going to blame their problems on? God forbid one takes responsability for themselves.[/quote]

They were given many NO BID contracts from the government to do various takes like feed the troops, transport oil, build temporary bases.

How do they profit? I just ran the stock and it is up 398% the past 5 years. If Dick and W were unable to go to war I am sure it would be up maybe 20%.

Saddam was put into power by us. The first Bush stood by and did NOTHING when he used gas and weapons we gave him on his people.

How is this a war for the rich? I have a fair amount of money & i have seen no profit from the war. What you spread are lies and hate. This war was an excuse to overthrow Saddam not a war to make people rich.

When, not if with Obama and becoming our next President. He won't engage or start useless wars so there will be less blame to go around.

How many billions have gone overseas in the last 8 years? All the while our bridges and towns are falling apart here in the US.

Responsibility is not a word you should use in defense of W. Cocaine, DWI's, insider stock trading, and on and on.

again Peace and Love.
    Hartford 10/02/96 & 09/13/98
    Pittsburg 8/25/98 & 4/26/03
    Cleveland 8/26/98
    Camden 9/02/00 & 06/19/08 (my birthday!)
    Columbia, MD 9/04/00
    State College 5/03/03
    Reading, PA 10/01/04
    Albany 5/12/06
    Washington DC 5/30/06 & 06/22/08
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I don't have a problem with the message of the song, I just think the lyrics are kind of stupid and trite. I also think the tune is nothing special, and it is overall pretty boring.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Attempting to read a post with improper usage of the quote function is fucking annoying ;)..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    Do you think if Barack becomes president everything is going to change? You are nuts if you do.

who's saying anything about Barack i say i respect what ed does on stage it's his giving right like i said you must be part of the clueless ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    jam_headjam_head Posts: 125
    smithnic wrote:
    I cannot believe the stupidity of people who are still rallying behind a bunch of lies and thinking that we're in Iraq because of terrorists. That is so awesome. It's like when Cartman says that he's so impressed with Rob Reiner how he just pushes people around and makes them do what he says. I'm beyond mad at this point, I'm just impressed.

Amen!
    7/1/03- DC, 7/12/03- Hershey, 9/28/04- Boston, 10/1/04- Reading, 10/3/05- Philly, 5/27/06- Camden I, 5/28/06- Camden II, 5/30/06- DC, *7/22/06- Gorge I, 7/23/06- Gorge II*, 6/20/08- Camden II, 6/22/08- DC, *6/24/08- MSG I, 6/25/08- MSG II*
  • Options
    Love the song. I strongly hope he plays it for Mansfield I. And yes, it is not an anti-bush song, but an anti-war song. Pay attention.

Thank you Eddie for giving those of us who don't agree with this illegal war a bigger voice!
  • Options
    cropdustercropduster Posts: 52
    I_Got_Shit wrote:
    First, you have a master's degree in counterterrorism but you didn't know that it's one word, not hyphenated?

Second, there wasn't a democratic majority in Congress in 2006, because those elected in the fall of '06 didn't take office until January of '07.

I'd ask the University of Phoenix for my money back if I was you. But good luck getting a sweet office job while the soldiers sacrifice their lives and limbs to support your fucking brilliant strategy.

The reports were written in 2006, 'agreed upon' in '07, and the current congress is now preparing updates (which follow the same strategic course as the previous strategies).

University of Phoenix? Try the National Defense University big guy. http://www.ndu.edu

Also, counter-terrorism and insurgency can be hyphenated or used as one word. But really, why don't you actually argue the context of my post?? Oh that's right, b/c you know nothing about the subject!
  • Options
    cropdustercropduster Posts: 52
    smithnic wrote:
    Where do you get a degree in counter-terrorism? Obviously somewhere like the military right? Well it would only go to show you that if you graduate from a place that is military-like, then you would follow whatever orders, suggestions, teachings, whatever that you were told and thus, you're ignorant as hell.

If you know anything about why this dude and his followers hate us, you would know that it stems from our bases in Saudi Arabia and our unilateral support of Israel. Our base is in SA because of the first invasion, and the first invasion was nothing more than oil. If it was because of bad guy Hussein, well there's worse, and if it was for human rights... we suck at human rights, and we're not in the Sudan.

Again, but the Kool-aid down and get out of here with your bragging about a made up degree

I have no idea where to begin with a post that is so full of shit.

"This dude and his followers"?? Do you mean OBL and AQN (al qaeda network)?

"Stems from our support of Isreal and our bases in SA". That is correct....but not the main reason. You should go study his fatwas and a Quran, then come back to me with the main reason why militant Islam despises the west.

"first invasion was nothing more than oil". Wow....ever heard of a little country called Kuwait? You will recall that Saddam murdered 10s of thousands of them? Maybe that had something to do with why we took action in 1990.

"we suck at human rights?" hahahaha not only is America ranked number one on the UN's human rights index, but we contribute more foreign aid THAT ALL OTHER CONTRIES IN THE WOLRD COMBINED!

wow dude. wow.
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    I disagree. I freaking LOOOOOOVE this song. That's your freedom of choice, as it is mine. Variety is the spice of life.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    cropduster wrote:

"Stems from our support of Isreal and our bases in SA". That is correct....but not the main reason. You should go study his fatwas and a Quran, then come back to me with the main reason why militant Islam despises the west.

I've tried making this point too ... Its not ALL about Israel. Tends to fall on deaf ears, though.
  • Options
    McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
    the main reason I like Pearl Jam so much is that they are political.
    if they weren't shit disturbers it would be far less enjoyable. I probably would not like them much at all. But then again they would be a totally different band.
  • Options
    I wonder how I would characterize this...ears of stone, perhaps? And I don't mean Gossard.

There are often multiple paths to a subject. Some are subtle, others less so.

This happens to be one of the less subtle.

Surely you didn't mean to imply that he has no grasp of subtlety in songwriting. Surely. But maybe you did.

Ah, fuck it. Nevermind.

Well, thanks for the insults instead of trying to engage in adult conversation.

Eddie has written some of the best subtle lyrics in rock n roll history. But when it comes to politics, he chooses a jackhammer instead of a scalpel. That may work for you, but it just makes me cringe. I agree with EVERY SINGLE sentiment in No More and Bu$hleaguer, but I refuse to listen to them because they give me douche chills.
  • Options
    hiding103006hiding103006 Posts: 452
    buy a ticket.
    go to the show.
    ed has a microphone.

... i guess you expected him not to?

play whatever you want, i won't complain, and even better, i'll appreciate it.
    Camden 7-5-2003, Camden 7-6-2003, Hershey 7-12-2003, Camden 5-27-2006, Camden 5-28-2006, Lollapalooza 8-5-2007, Camden 6-19-2008, Camden 6-20-2008, New York 6-24-2008, New York 6-25-2008, Mansfield 6-28-2008, Mansfield 6-30-2008
  • Options
    corduroidcorduroid Posts: 293
    There are dozens of beautiful protest songs that Ed could rotate in this spot, and still lead in by speaking about the specific sacrifices of Tomas Young and others.

I think broadening his message with a palette of songs would make the whole thing more effective on a night-after-night basis. Just my two cents.

Plus 'No More' is pretty weak song, and it's kind of like a proverbial broken record right now.
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Love the song. I strongly hope he plays it for Mansfield I. And yes, it is not an anti-bush song, but an anti-war song. Pay attention.

Thank you Eddie for giving those of us who don't agree with this illegal war a bigger voice!

That's BS; Eddie really probably cares less about the soldiers he only wants his people in power.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    corduroid wrote:
    There are dozens of beautiful protest songs that Ed could rotate in this spot, and still lead in by speaking about the specific sacrifices of Tomas Young and others.

I think broadening his message with a palette of songs would make the whole thing more effective on a night-after-night basis. Just my two cents.

Plus 'No More' is pretty weak song, and it's kind of like a proverbial broken record right now.
    agreed
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me