• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JimmyV said:

pjhawks said:

JimmyV said:

pjhawks said:

JimmyV said:

I have always maintained that destroying the tapes was the forgotten first in the series of bad decisions we have seen from Roger Goodell. He was brand new on the job and he botched that bad.

or smartly covered it up since it could have been a scandal that brought the league to it's knees.
    Really? To it's knees? Hilarious.

"Smartly" is not a description I often hear of Roger Goodell.

yes, so you don't think video evidence of the most watched and most bet on American sporting event every year being essentially 'fixed' would have been a scandal in America that would have done unduly harm to the league is possible? hell the Rutgers basketball coach throwing balls at his players was on the news 24-7 for about a week. video evidence of cheating to win the super bowl? newsworthy of epic proportions. like the black sox. that's most likely the reason the evidence was destroyed. literally no other reason to destroy the evidence other than making sure no one ever sees any of it. not sure how you can dispute that.
    The Boston Herald retracted and actually apologized for its story claiming there was a videotape of the Rams walkthru. To my knowledge that is the most serious accusation from any credible source.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/boston-herald-spygate-story-false-apologizes-article-1.327372

They filmed their opponents signals and they paid a price for it. Pretending there was anything more to it is a happy fantasy.

that dude has been salty about this for an entire decade. i'm an eagles fan too but i recognize the thing was blown out of proportion and it's not the reason they lost. rational thinking goes out the window sometimes with some people.

our baseball team in this town was even warned by mlb to stop stealing signs from the bullpen and phoning them into the dugout a few years ago but he never brings that up:

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/12/phillies-warned-by-mlb-to-stop-stealing-signs/

teams have been doing these types of things in all sports since sports were invented.

sunday cannot get here fast enough.
    good to have reiterate that you are ok with your Eagles team being cheated in the Super Bowl. now give me one rational reason the evidence was destroyed other than it being so incriminating the NFL felt it had to be destroyed before it got out.

should I get over Leon Stickle fucking the Flyers in the 1980 Stanley Cup Finals too?

as for this weekend I like Denver and San Fran.
    i'm just rational about it. it's upsetting they lost but to blame it on another team cheating is just silly. the eagles didn't play their best game and they lost to a better team. plus it's been 10 years. i moved on a decade ago. after all this time, i'm more upset that they blew the tampa game because they would have steam rolled the raiders.

how come you have never railed against the phillies over the 2010 thing? they were also accused of the same thing multiple times in the years leading up to that, including '08. if you are taking such a hard stand against new england, one would think your same moral standard would apply to the phils...unless you're a hypocrite.
    because I think there is a big distinction between sending someone out to hide and secretly tape practices as opposed to reading lips or using binoculars in the stadium during the game. it's the difference between the NSA/CIA bugging your phone to listen to your conversations as opposed to you talking on a phone in a public place and others get to hear your conversation. one is underhanded and devious and the other is open to the public. and frankly I don't like belichick personally even a little bit. and the phils weren't caught doing it in a championship game and the league didn't suppress or destroy any incriminating evidence. you still didn't answer my question about what rational reasoning did the NFL have for destroying the evidence. only one reason to do that. to cover it up.
    Every word here oozes hypocrisy, man. Painfully obvious.

did a google search and found this article. a few years old but I think it says a lot.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sports/nfl/new-england-patriots-cant-seem-win-super-bowl-without-cheating#
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JimmyV said:

pjhawks said:

JimmyV said:

pjhawks said:

JimmyV said:

I have always maintained that destroying the tapes was the forgotten first in the series of bad decisions we have seen from Roger Goodell. He was brand new on the job and he botched that bad.

or smartly covered it up since it could have been a scandal that brought the league to it's knees.
    Really? To it's knees? Hilarious.

"Smartly" is not a description I often hear of Roger Goodell.

yes, so you don't think video evidence of the most watched and most bet on American sporting event every year being essentially 'fixed' would have been a scandal in America that would have done unduly harm to the league is possible? hell the Rutgers basketball coach throwing balls at his players was on the news 24-7 for about a week. video evidence of cheating to win the super bowl? newsworthy of epic proportions. like the black sox. that's most likely the reason the evidence was destroyed. literally no other reason to destroy the evidence other than making sure no one ever sees any of it. not sure how you can dispute that.
    The Boston Herald retracted and actually apologized for its story claiming there was a videotape of the Rams walkthru. To my knowledge that is the most serious accusation from any credible source.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/boston-herald-spygate-story-false-apologizes-article-1.327372

They filmed their opponents signals and they paid a price for it. Pretending there was anything more to it is a happy fantasy.

that dude has been salty about this for an entire decade. i'm an eagles fan too but i recognize the thing was blown out of proportion and it's not the reason they lost. rational thinking goes out the window sometimes with some people.

our baseball team in this town was even warned by mlb to stop stealing signs from the bullpen and phoning them into the dugout a few years ago but he never brings that up:

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/12/phillies-warned-by-mlb-to-stop-stealing-signs/

teams have been doing these types of things in all sports since sports were invented.

sunday cannot get here fast enough.
    good to have reiterate that you are ok with your Eagles team being cheated in the Super Bowl. now give me one rational reason the evidence was destroyed other than it being so incriminating the NFL felt it had to be destroyed before it got out.

should I get over Leon Stickle fucking the Flyers in the 1980 Stanley Cup Finals too?

as for this weekend I like Denver and San Fran.
    i'm just rational about it. it's upsetting they lost but to blame it on another team cheating is just silly. the eagles didn't play their best game and they lost to a better team. plus it's been 10 years. i moved on a decade ago. after all this time, i'm more upset that they blew the tampa game because they would have steam rolled the raiders.

how come you have never railed against the phillies over the 2010 thing? they were also accused of the same thing multiple times in the years leading up to that, including '08. if you are taking such a hard stand against new england, one would think your same moral standard would apply to the phils...unless you're a hypocrite.
    because I think there is a big distinction between sending someone out to hide and secretly tape practices as opposed to reading lips or using binoculars in the stadium during the game. it's the difference between the NSA/CIA bugging your phone to listen to your conversations as opposed to you talking on a phone in a public place and others get to hear your conversation. one is underhanded and devious and the other is open to the public. and frankly I don't like belichick personally even a little bit. and the phils weren't caught doing it in a championship game and the league didn't suppress or destroy any incriminating evidence. you still didn't answer my question about what rational reasoning did the NFL have for destroying the evidence. only one reason to do that. to cover it up.
    Every word here oozes hypocrisy, man. Painfully obvious.

did a google search and found this article. a few years old but I think it says a lot.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sports/nfl/new-england-patriots-cant-seem-win-super-bowl-without-cheating#
    this is written by someone who calls himself "xlog" and it sounds like he hates belichek as much as you do. "they didn't earn any of their super bowl wins?" haha.....haha also funny to see you reference this most random of a website, as you've spent a decade making fun of sites like these and other blogs.

look, your bias is evident. you've said so yourself in your last post. the phillies and patriots both were trying to gain an advantage by stealing the other teams signs by ways that their leagues condone. whatever edge they gained is most likely negligible and by a lot of accounts, other teams were, and probably are, doing something similiar. teams have been trying trying to gain advantages since sports were invented.

the point is, if you take such a hard stand against the pats, then you come off as a big hypocrite if you fail to do so when your own baseball team does something very similiar.

it's funny where people draw lines in the sand to protect their own morality. someone should write a song about that. ooooh wait...
    www.myspace.com
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    So far this game has been a huge disappointment. NE has totally been outplayed.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    NE simply doesn't have the talent Denver does.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited January 2014
    A TD here should just about do it.

Big drop there....settle for the FG
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • cojobocojobo Posts: 299
    Manning...

The only true test would be to trade Brady for Manning and have a "re-season" ;)
    Halifax '05, Toronto '09, Toronto 2 '11, Hamilton '11, London '13, Chicago '13. Buffalo '13 , Leeds '14, Detroit '14, New York (GCF) '15, Ottawa '16, Toronto 1 '16, Toronto 2 '16
  • oysterjaroysterjar Posts: 1,235
    Hats off to Broncos. They were the better team, with the better game plan. The Patriots didn't do jack shit the entire game. Even Brady's running touchdown looked like he knew the game was over. As a Patriots fan I must now say something outlandish-"the NFL is controlled by the mob in Vegas, and Archie works for them..."

Wind this thing up.

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    Congrats to Peyton and the Broncos...they were the better team today.

Had a lot of fun watching this Pats team this year. They overachieved all year. That they got this far is amazing.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • LosientoLosiento Posts: 282
    Brady
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    Brady missing a wide open Edelman for a TD was my favorite part of the game.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    Brady missed some throws yesterday. No question.

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    no titles for belichick since being caught cheating. interesting they were 10-0 before cheating and 8-8 in playoffs since.
    pjhawks said:

no titles for belichick since being caught cheating. interesting they were 10-0 before cheating and 8-8 in playoffs since.

haha....yeah, as an eagles fan i'd sure like that kind of success. 2 super bowl and 5 championship game appearances would equal the greatest era of eagles football. hell 95% of the league would kill for that level of sustained success. and the fact that they have been able to do it with such turnover in their roster really speaks to the coaching up there.

since you avoided the question, i guess you agree that you are being hypocritical. the phillies and patriots both were trying to gain an advantage by stealing the other teams signs by ways that their leagues condone. whatever edge they gained is most likely negligible and by a lot of accounts, other teams were, and probably are, doing something similar. teams have been trying trying to gain advantages since sports were invented.
    www.myspace.com
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178

pjhawks said:

haha....yeah, as an eagles fan i'd sure like that kind of success. 2 super bowl and 5 championship game appearances would equal the greatest era of eagles football. hell 95% of the league would kill for that level of sustained success. and the fact that they have been able to do it with such turnover in their roster really speaks to the coaching up there.

since you avoided the question, i guess you agree that you are being hypocritical. the phillies and patriots both were trying to gain an advantage by stealing the other teams signs by ways that their leagues condone. whatever edge they gained is most likely negligible and by a lot of accounts, other teams were, and probably are, doing something similar. teams have been trying trying to gain advantages since sports were invented.
    The Patriots have done surprisingly well year after year and doing so as this years second youngest team in the NFL.

PEACE
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p said:

pjhawks said:

The Patriots have done surprisingly well year after year and doing so as this years second youngest team in the NFL.

PEACE
    right. and especially this year with all the injuries and that whole little murder thing involving one of their biggest offensive weapons (that's a play on words). all of that stuff would destroy most other teams.
    www.myspace.com
    Pretty cool, but I'm sure Brady would trade it for a chance to play on Sunday.