Chemical Spill Leaves 300,000 waterless

2»

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,414
    Fuck yeah. Murica.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I'm always amazed when I see results like this. I work in construction and if something like this happened under my watch it would be excess of 500k and me being fired and tried. At a minimum.

West Virginia legislation is obviously corrupt. It's bizarro
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Jason P said:

I'm always amazed when I see results like this. I work in construction and if something like this happened under my watch it would be excess of 500k and me being fired and tried. At a minimum.

West Virginia legislation is obviously corrupt. It's bizarro

clearly you need to donate more money to some PAC or another, thats the murican way!
    WV is so sad, it would be one of the greatest, strongest states in the US if the coal companies wouldnt have gotten away with slavery well into the 20th century.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited July 2014
    I think it sucks and that the company who spilled it should be forced to give a shit load of money towards clean up, fines, conservation, and compensation to those who are suffering get from their mistake. Only $11,000 fine? Tells me the government (state?) doesn't give a flying fuck and probably they are getting kickbacks or something from the mining companies. Everything is corrupt when the people running the show think money is the most important thing in the world. That's why our world is going downhill so fast. Money. Greed.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I talked with my environment manager to get his thoughts. He said that although the fine is small, it proves negligence in the court of law and opens the company up to personal lawsuits.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    there is a new owner, will that effect the outcome of civil suits?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?