Options

TV Series you just don't get the hype over (don't post spoilers)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    thefixer9 said:

Newch91 said:

Homeland and Shameless

Never seem them, but they don't really great to me.
    I saw the first season of Homeland and I couldn't get hooked to it. I felt like I was forcing myself to watch it.

I saw the first two episodes of Shameless and it bore the hell out of me.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,486
    fall guy

hunter
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378

Sunny in Philadelphia. There was too much yelling and screaming and the guys voice drove me nuts.

Agreed.

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    SO37031 said:

hunter

Hunter rocked!

"Works for me."
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    PJ_Soul said:

Two and a Half Men. I've noticed that my parents' generation particularly loves this show. Everyone over the age of 60 that I come across inevitably mentions how funny it is and how that kid has such great comedic timing. :-??

Yea, my Dad loved it until Charlie Sheen left. He says it's not as funny with Ashton.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    CServant said:

PJ_Soul said:

Two and a Half Men. I've noticed that my parents' generation particularly loves this show. Everyone over the age of 60 that I come across inevitably mentions how funny it is and how that kid has such great comedic timing. :-??

Yea, my Dad loved it until Charlie Sheen left. He says it's not as funny with Ashton.
    I never even tried to watch an episode with Kutcher. That show with with Sheen was awesome.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

CServant said:

PJ_Soul said:

I never even tried to watch an episode with Kutcher. That show with with Sheen was awesome.
    Even with Sheen, the show started to go down in the 6th or 7th season, especially when he got engaged.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Newch91 said:

JK_Livin said:

CServant said:

PJ_Soul said:

Even with Sheen, the show started to go down in the 6th or 7th season, especially when he got engaged.
    You're probably correct on that. It was still worth watching compared to other sitcoms at the time. The early seasons were awesome and I hated John Cryer before this show.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Newch91 said:

JK_Livin said:

CServant said:

PJ_Soul said:

You're probably correct on that. It was still worth watching compared to other sitcoms at the time. The early seasons were awesome and I hated John Cryer before this show.
    Yeah, I was still watching when Sheen was on there and it was still good, but not like the earlier seasons. I watched the first episode with Ashton and I still don't know how I sat through the whole episode.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Brooklyn 99
    The Crazy Ones
    Big Bang Theory
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Jason P said:

Hammered through Season 4 of Breaking Bad yesterday. I think season 3 and 4 were much better then the first two ...

i'm going to be finishing up season 3 this weekend of bb. so good.

shameless is one show i gave a good 3-4 episodes but just didn't like it. to me all the characters were just so unlikable.. i lost interest quickly.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Newch91 said:

thefixer9 said:

Newch91 said:

Homeland and Shameless

I saw the first season of Homeland and I couldn't get hooked to it. I felt like I was forcing myself to watch it.

you go back and give homeland a 2nd chance. it is slow but it builds and builds. how many episodes did you watch?

i would put the 1st season of homeland up there with some of the best season's in tv history. unfortunately it went down hill very quickly a few episodes into the 2nd season...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Newch91 said:

thefixer9 said:

Newch91 said:

Homeland and Shameless

you go back and give homeland a 2nd chance. it is slow but it builds and builds. how many episodes did you watch?

i would put the 1st season of homeland up there with some of the best season's in tv history. unfortunately it went down hill very quickly a few episodes into the 2nd season...
    I watched the first season of Homeleand. and then started the first episode of season 2 and didn't finish. I just had a really hard time watching the show. The first season was good, I'll agree with you on that. The show didn't have that, "Oh man, what's going to happen next? I can't wait for the next episode" feel for me, like LOST and The Sopranos have had for me for dramas. Also, don't spoil The Sopranos for me. Not done watching.
    Post edited by Newch91 on
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    anything with cartoons
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    goods to see those post about Lost..a proof that the show was NOT just for everybody....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

Sunny in Philadelphia. There was too much yelling and screaming and the guys voice drove me nuts.

THIS. I can't fucking stand that show.

True blood is one I don't get. I can't get past the accents.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435