Options

Do you like the New Layout?

Comments

• Options
    mr_canadamr_canada Posts: 555
    Definitely not a fan of this new layout.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,872

undecided, i'm liking it a little more now. looks like they took some stuff into consideration. some stuff they did i like a lot, others got to get used to.

liking it more now. Color and size don't bother me as much as some of the others on here.

Only main problem i have is the "search" function. Still trying to figure that one out.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,502
    redrock said:

MedozK said:

redrock said:

May have been said somewhere else but.... how can you quickly see which are the threads you have posted in when you look at the forum (eg The Porch)? Before there used to be the coloured squares with a little red square when you had contributed to a thread - what replaces that?

Click on your username on the left. Then click on comments.
    Yeah, I realise you can do it that way (and by clicking your discussions). It was just convenient being able to see threads you posted in (marked with the little red square in the larger coloured one) when you were browsing the forum without having to go to a special place for this. You saw everything in one go!

so right..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    40 new posts! 40 negative votes. Change it back.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    no
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    rival. said:

40 new posts! 40 negative votes. Change it back.

mfc2006 said:

no

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    KeiranKeiran Posts: 393
    Lot's of white space. Reminds me of my old resume. Guess it's OK - I'm old - I can get used to about anything :)
    I wish a guy like Eddie, would like me.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    Seems to be geared more towards mobile. However there seems to be some glitches. One is that when you try and respond to a post using a quote, the comment box is way too small and makes it too difficult to type. Try it yourself on iPhone and tell me what you think
  • Options
    Didn't have luck using search either
  • Options
    It's growing on me. Though I've only used it on ipad so far.
  • Options
    I hate the layout more and more with each visit.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    edited January 2014

No comprendo, señor
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    edited January 2014
    vaggar99 said:

Seems to be geared more towards mobile. However there seems to be some glitches. One is that when you try and respond to a post using a quote, the comment box is way too small and makes it too difficult to type. Try it yourself on iPhone and tell me what you think

I'm on android, and as soon as I actually click on the comment box to start typing the box expands and shows all text, and it's pretty great - way way better than before as far as posting from my droid goes. It is the one thing about the new forum that i really love. But it sounds like the iPhone wasn't treated as well (for once). Maybe they'll fix that.

There is no way they are going to revert back to the old forum, but i just wish someone would say that the worst problems, like how hard it is on the eyes, the time limit on editing, the horrible PM setup, the loss of usernames, thd endless repeated email notifications (my personal biggest hate about the new forum), etc, are acknowledged and a fix for those issues is in the works. They need to assure people that it's going to get better and our concerns are being addressed.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

No comprendo, señor
    Estoy de acuerdo con usted, señor
  • Options

No comprendo, señor
    Estoy de acuerdo con usted, señor
    I LOVE LAMP
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    TinAntTinAnt Posts: 343
    It's too bright
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,717
    I'm told this is it- no going back. Hopefully some of the issues such as "overly bright" and "font too small" will be addressed. If not, my presence will become more and more scarce here. That alone makes it failure, right? Hahaha. But seriously, I'm bummed. I've enjoyed this place. I'll miss it but I can't afford the eye strain.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I'd like to know exactly why this move was made. Was it necessary, prob not.

Was it done as a cost-cutting maneuver by 10C? No heads up was given at all. Very strange stuff here. If this is indeed "it", then why not listen to the feedback from your customers and tweak the system a bit to at least meet us half way.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,277
    Ok guys, it's not funny anymore. It's time for someone to confess...

Who suggested "make the forums look shittier" in the Let Your Voice Be Heard thread?!?
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options

I'd like to know exactly why this move was made. Was it necessary, prob not.

Was it done as a cost-cutting maneuver by 10C? No heads up was given at all. Very strange stuff here. If this is indeed "it", then why not listen to the feedback from your customers and tweak the system a bit to at least meet us half way.

Has 10c EVER listened to their customers?
  • Options
    goldrush said:

Who suggested "make the forums look shittier" in the Let Your Voice Be Heard thread?!?

The same person asking for dog collars maybe?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited January 2014

goldrush said:

The same person asking for dog collars maybe?
  • Options
    neta6neta6 Poland Posts: 9
    Font is too small.
    Chorzów 2007, Gdynia 2010, Berlin 2012, Milan 2014, Gdynia 2014
  • Options
    A common post in this thread is the font being small. I agree.
    A small font on a white screen is very hard to read.

The new layout is unique in that it has brought out many comments from a wide range of members not seen in the old forum setting.

The old layout seemed to only have a limited amount of members posting.

Change is good.

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

A common post in this thread is the font being small. I agree.
    A small font on a white screen is very hard to read.

The new layout is unique in that it has brought out many comments from a wide range of members not seen in the old forum setting.

Change is good.

Limited amount of members posting??? You for real?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    There is some negative responses about the smaller sized avatars.

I think this is a great change.

The comment/response should always be larger than the avatar.

• Options
    AtPeacewithMyLustAtPeacewithMyLust Louisville,KY to Toronto Posts: 125

A

Change is good.

Really? Your comment, just like the new layout, makes no sense to me.

1st show-1995 Soldier Field
    10th show-2005 Thunder Bay,ON
    40th show-2012 Berlin II
    50th show-2014 Amsterdam II
    57th show-Moline,IL
    58th show-Mexico City
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    sucks balls.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    it will get better. all i ask is that any missing functionality be restored. i can think of a couple things, but i'm sure they've already been said.
    Post edited by vaggar99 on