Options

Play-by-Play @ Irving Plaza tonight - brought to you by gremmie.net

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    i fixed the link on the front page - sorry about that. we were having some techinical issues.

what's wrong with the setlist?
    member number: 198,xxx
  • Options
    Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 792
    i fixed the link on the front page - sorry about that. we were having some techinical issues.

what's wrong with the setlist?

i dont have the actual in front of me but it was posted several times last night sure you can find it in a search.. Garden was like the 5th or 6th song and EF was close to that i believe i didn't compare the rest
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
    Nice work with the blog! I have some photos from Irving Plaza last night too..... http://www.accordingtotalia.blogspot.com

In fact, Im even in your crowd shot! Damn good show!!
  • Options
    blarrgblarrg Posts: 46
    yeah be sure and fix ur setlist.. it's confusing a lot of people

also can u edit the first post so i can just click on that when i want to go.. that link is dead

It's here http://www.pearljam.com/tour/setlist.php?date=200605052000
  • Options
    Soujiro_SetaSoujiro_Seta Posts: 100
    u went to a secret pearl jam warm up show and you complain about 'not getting enough rarities'? with all due respect, dont be such a whiney elitist.

aww is someone pissed off cause they couldnt go well sucks for you im just merely stating a fact. Did they play any rare songs? nope.
  • Options
    HOLY CRAP !!! THIS WAS THE BEST PJ SHOW EVER!!!

Most Memorable Moment - EDDIE Crowd Surfing, then being held up by the whole front of the crowd for long as hell during Porch.... holy crap holy crap... amazing!

still sweaty hah... I was dead center front of the floor, 5-8people back from the stage... soo redicutardedlous!

Memories flooding back every second of the day... will post later, hah!

~inquis
    "Now when people ask me, where's my favorite place to play, I'll reply, Newark NJ!" -EV (solo '08)
  • Options
    kostekkostek Posts: 15
    HOLY CRAP !!! THIS WAS THE BEST PJ SHOW EVER!!!

Most Memorable Moment - EDDIE Crowd Surfing, then being held up by the whole front of the crowd for long as hell during Porch.... holy crap holy crap... amazing!

still sweaty hah... I was dead center front of the floor, 5-8people back from the stage... soo redicutardedlous!

Memories flooding back every second of the day... will post later, hah!

~inquis

i think there were points when we were right next to each other.

somehow all the people that i stood in line with ended up around the 5/8 people back area in the center. there was a few minutes where i recognized every single person around. that was cool.
  • Options
    kostek wrote:
    i think there were points when we were right next to each other.

somehow all the people that i stood in line with ended up around the 5/8 people back area in the center. there was a few minutes where i recognized every single person around. that was cool.

DUDE !! You were rocking out.... dead center of the floor 5-8 people back was SICK !!!

Fukin' even better when you could look all around, and we knew people had met earlier, on Tower line, or whathaveyou!
    "Now when people ask me, where's my favorite place to play, I'll reply, Newark NJ!" -EV (solo '08)
  • Options
    DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    does anyone have an extra irving tshirt size XL or XXL? i put mine down in penn station and some dude jacked it, and then fronted like i was in the wrong when i asked if the shirt in his poclet belonged to me. PM me if you would be willing to part with one.

incredible show tonight, regardless of some of the criticism of the setlist i have read. seeing pearl jam in a venue like irving plaza is something i didn't think i'd ever be able to do. between the guaranteed proximity to the stage and the electricity in the room, i don't think any of us have much to complain about. but that's just my 2 cents.

nite
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Pearl-Jam-Irving-Plaza-Venue-T-Shirt-XXL_W0QQitemZ8416867623QQcategoryZ15687QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pearl-Jam-Irving-Plaza-NYC-Event-T-Shirt-Size-XL_W0QQitemZ8416738077QQcategoryZ15687QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  • Options
    during the alive solo i went crowdsurfing

when i got up in front of the stage, eddie came up and put his hand out to me.

best moment of my life.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940

best moment of my life.
    thats f-ing awsome truly is.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    word

and i had to take my SATs today.

it was a little tough waking up...
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    word

SATs that sucks. i was up at 10 am on monday but had western civ at 3 and i couldnt miss the class.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    people kept telling me that i was crazy for going the night before the test, but i told them that the show was more important.

pussies :)
  • Options
    abulrabulr Posts: 80
    word

wow i feel old!
    9/95 N.O. ; 9/96 Randall's 1&2 ; 9/98 Continental ; 9/98 - MSG 1 & 2 ; 5/00 - Wembley ; 8/00 - Jones Beach 1,2&3 ; 7/03 - MSG 1&2 ; 5/06 - Irving Plaza ; 6/06 - Continental 1&2 ; 6/08 - MSG 1&2 ; 6/08 - Beacon ; 10/09 - Spectrum 2&3 ; 05/10 - Prudential ; 05/10 - MSG 1&2; 10/13 - Barclays 1&2 ; 10/14 Memphis ; 9/15 Central Park; 4/16 Philly 2; 5/16 MSG 1&2; 5/16 QC; 8/16 Boston; 8/16 Chicago 1&2; 8/18 Seattle 1&2; 8/18 Boston
  • Options
    possomistspossomists Posts: 427
    you rock jake, this is brian, renees cousin
    "you can say that we're, nocturnal, posssomists"
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    I was so ready for the concert, as soon as my Crew and I got to the floor, we just stayed there. Sent one or two for drinks before the show..... but anyways, How much were Avocado Shirts going for? Also, any other Merchandise available last night ?
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    lastexit wrote:
    Congers is nowhere near Albany. Unless you consider 2 hours to be near Albany. Congers is probably closer to the city than Holbrook.
    Edit: Congers is much closer.

Oh! My bad. Sorry! I thought I passed it on the way to Albany.
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options

best moment of my life.

That is so awesome.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    I didn't mean it to offend you! Alot of close girlfriends like the yankees, but only bc they find jeter hot and think arod is well endowed..you are a true fan that is what i meant..u shouldn't take any offense u know your shit! I am so tired that i didn't read your name i was just responding then i read the other post about the dude hitting on you and that is when i looked at your name..Take care yanks world series champs 2006!

Well truth be told I do love DJ--hence the 02 in my user name. A-Rod I can't stand. He's a jinx. But I am fan of the team and the sport in general.

I hope they get back to being World Champs! Thanx for conversating about baseball! It was fun :)
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    hey MILK, you feeling ok? :)
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    Ok everyone - the official 'Live at Irving Plaza' photo-and-commentary-blog has been started here:

http://www.gremmie.net/blog/pearl-jam-secret-show-irving-plaza-nyc/

Gremmie Matt M is heading down to Irving Plaza right now for some pre-show kicks. He'll be sending images up to Gremmie.net throughout the night and I'll be posting commentary as frequently as possible.

Through the magic of Gremmie we can all be there!!!

thanks for the info!

I just have to say this-Mary Kate Olsen was there? Seriously? In the crowd? Wouldn't she be afraid to be trampled? Mary Kate Olsen! That's wild.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,422
    Also, add master/slave to the first spot of set list.
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    i was probably leaning on you. that was exactly where i was. i missed touching ed by like 4 inches when he came out during porch. that was fucking unbelievable.