Options

Play-by-Play @ Irving Plaza tonight - brought to you by gremmie.net

Comments

• Options
    Allie02 wrote:
    Which Subway Series game, the extra inning Game 1 or the 2nd one? That was such a hot ticket. That's very cool.
    game 2, clemens. i am so grateful i was there. we were in left field, next to monument park standing up on a scaffold. i get chills everytime im at the stadium and look over there.
    98- 9/8.9/10.9/11
    00- 8/3, 8/4, 9/1.9/2
    03- 4/28. 7/8. 7/9. 7/14
    04- 10/1
    05- 10/3
    06- 5/4!!!!, 5/12. 5/13. 5/27, 5/28, 6/1, 6/3
    08- 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/25, 6/27, 8/4
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Rivalry? You mean like a rivalry between a hammer and a nail?
    hey its the met basher of the board. how you doing tonight
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    smokenatreesmokenatree Posts: 100
    Allie02 wrote:
    lol..not unless Jorgie retires :) We need to buy PITCHERS! Enough with the overpriced hitters :) I think A-Rod is totally overrated.
    our overpriced pitchers blow...like pavano brown wright, the only one i can count on is mussina who saved us in game 7 vs. boston in 2003 when he came in with bases loaded in relief and shut down boston that was sick
    we need better overpriced pitchers definately
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    game 2, clemens. i am so grateful i was there. we were in left field, next to monument park standing up on a scaffold. i get chills everytime im at the stadium and look over there.
    NICE!!! Oh wow. I hope you saved that ticket stub! We haven't been the same team since he and Andy left.
    I know, there's no place like Yankee Stadium <sorry to offend all the Mets fans/Yankee haters!> I can't believe they are going to tear it down.
    I love the hot dogs you can buy there too. They are the tastiest :)
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    Allie02 wrote:
    NICE!!! Oh wow. I hope you saved that ticket stub! We haven't been the same team since he and Andy left.
    I know, there's no place like Yankee Stadium <sorry to offend all the Mets fans/Yankee haters!> I can't believe they are going to tear it down.
    No one wants to realize it is the curse of Chili Davis ever since the yanks got rid of chili davis they haven't been the same and havent won anything!!!
  • Options
    Mr. BeeksMr. Beeks Posts: 103
    is this their first time playing Army Reserve live? i don't know if they played it in the UK at astoria or jools or whatever else they played there.
  • Options
    our overpriced pitchers blow...like pavano brown wright, the only one i can count on is mussina who saved us in game 7 vs. boston in 2003 when he came in with bases loaded in relief and shut down boston that was sick
    we need better overpriced pitchers definately

Ah! That game! Wasn't that the best game? It was incredible. Some former coworkers of mine were at that game, they said it was the best game they had ever seen. Oh gosh. Aaron freaking Boone. Moose is 38 though. We need some younger overpriced pitchers.

this is now the official we don't have IP tickets so let's talk MLB thread :) Mets stranded 31 baserunners... put on highlights in background :) ...
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    ewester032687ewester032687 Posts: 149
    BoomDaddy wrote:
    *crowd was given the vote: Betterman or SOLAT. State won by a landslide.
    That's pretty sweet
    thanks for the setlist
  • Options
    Allie02 wrote:
    doesnt offend me. been there once for a game.

• Options
    yeah the hot dogs are great. i saw moose pitch their this year against tampa bay with Kazmir pitchin. i love hearing mets fans complain about him. but yeah yankee stadium is amazing. i got a ticket there the last time by a damn park ranger for not having my shitty beer in a cup. but god damn the memories in that place.
    98- 9/8.9/10.9/11
    00- 8/3, 8/4, 9/1.9/2
    03- 4/28. 7/8. 7/9. 7/14
    04- 10/1
    05- 10/3
  • Options
    phillyjamphillyjam Posts: 109
    Take your N.Y. mets and shut up. The Phillies and Mets will be batlling it out this year with Billy Wagner blowing a few big games this year. Phillies will win division by two games. Go Pearl Jam
    E-Cent9/2/00Spectrum4/28/03StateColl.5/3/03 Tor6/28/03Mont6/29/03Tweet 7/5/03,7/6/03Reading10/1/04Borgata10/1/05
    Wach.10/3/05Tweet5/27/06,5/28/06
    Continental6/3/06,Forum7/9/06,7/10/06, Fonda7/12/06SantaBarb7/13/06SanFran7/16/06 7/18/06Lolla8/5/07Tweet6/19/08,6/20/08,D.C.6/22/08MSG6/25/08Tor8/21/09 Spec 3 shows
  • Options
    Allie02 wrote:
    Ah! That game! Wasn't that the best game? It was incredible. Some former coworkers of mine were at that game, they said it was the best game they had ever seen. Oh gosh. Aaron freaking Boone. Moose is 38 though. We need some younger overpriced pitchers.
    It was great! I wish i was there! I was sweating it out in front of my tv!
  • Options
    phillyjam wrote:
    Take your N.Y. mets and shut up. The Phillies and Mets will be batlling it out this year with Billy Wagner blowing a few big games this year. Phillies will win division by two games. Go Pearl Jam

i saw a stat that wagner has blown teh same amount of saves this year as all of last year.
    98- 9/8.9/10.9/11
    00- 8/3, 8/4, 9/1.9/2
    03- 4/28. 7/8. 7/9. 7/14
    04- 10/1
    05- 10/3
  • Options
    Allie02 wrote:

this is now the official we don't have IP tickets so let's talk MLB thread :) Mets stranded 31 baserunners... put on highlights in background :) ...
    I agree mets win in a four hour and forty-seven minute marathon..i think the sportscasters have said that phrase about a thousand times..and they left 31 men on base by the way.LOL!!
  • Options
    phillyjam wrote:
    yeah okay. phillies will choke like they do every year

• Options
    It was great! I wish i was there! I was sweating it out in front of my tv!
    That game made me physically ill until they won but yes, it was incredible. Just incredible. That's what lost Grady Little his job, right? Leaving Pedro in? Or am I confusing that with something else?
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    Allie02 wrote:
    That game made me physically ill until they won but yes, it was incredible. Just incredible. That's what lost Grady Little his job, right? Leaving Pedro in? Or am I confusing that with something else?
    u are correct grady lost his job..but i can't blame him its pedro and as i recall bostons pen wasn't very good that year they didn't have foulke i think they had byong kim who the yanks knocked around in 01 when he wason diamondbacks so i can't blame grady..pedro is good!
  • Options
    yeah the hot dogs are great. i saw moose pitch their this year against tampa bay with Kazmir pitchin. i love hearing mets fans complain about him. but yeah yankee stadium is amazing. i got a ticket there the last time by a damn park ranger for not having my shitty beer in a cup. but god damn the memories in that place.

NO!! How much was the ticket? That's crazy!! You're lucky you have a hook up, people can't even afford to go to games there anymore. $8.00 for beer.
    The best is going during playoff games--or Red Sox games :)

Moose is impressive though. How about that near no hitter he threw up in Boston? Oh gosh I felt so bad for him. One STRIKE away...
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    Allie02 wrote:
    NO!! How much was the ticket? That's crazy!! You're lucky you have a hook up, people can't even afford to go to games there anymore. $8.00 for beer.

Moose is impressive though. How about that near no hitter he threw up in Boston? Oh gosh I felt so bad for him. One STRIKE away...
    that was awesome i think it was sunday night boston yanks game and i didn't expect much out of it and i was at bar and got smashed and then he had such a great game going that it turned into a great event, but damn carl everett...but it was fun
  • Options
    u are correct grady lost his job..but i can't blame him its pedro and as i recall bostons pen wasn't very good that year they didn't have foulke i think they had byong kim who the yanks knocked around in 01 when he wason diamondbacks so i can't blame grady..pedro is good!

Yes, but he was done in that game. Over 100 pitches. He took Pedro's word that he could still go...he should've taken him out. You could hear people in Boston yelling about that it was so obvious. I knew we were going to win when that happened... it was unbelieveable.. and then Jorgie got that bloop hit against him that knocked him out.. after Pedro had been throwing at him..
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    that was awesome i think it was sunday night boston yanks game and i didn't expect much out of it and i was at bar and got smashed and then he had such a great game going that it turned into a great event, but damn carl everett...but it was fun
    Oh YES, I was trying to think of his name.. I hate that guy!!.... yes it was on ESPN I think...
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    this thread finally got goin when i left it, go figure, oh well.
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    Allie02 wrote:

i just do bleachers every time...i got a 25 dollar ticket, which isnt much but why??? not even a warning. i have been to probably 40 yankee games in my life and am from jersey, but never a single sox game. that will be changing shortly though. i look for every opportunity like if you bought bleachers for the TB series they were only 6.50 a game...you cant beat that!!! i agree beer is outrageous, but we pregamed enough to last us through the 7th inning stretch. so your a PJ fan, allie? and a yankee fan? whats up haha? am i drunken online hitting on you? i am pathetic. haha.
    98- 9/8.9/10.9/11
    00- 8/3, 8/4, 9/1.9/2
    03- 4/28. 7/8. 7/9. 7/14
    04- 10/1
    05- 10/3
  • Options
    lastexitlastexit 10923 Posts: 257
    phillyjam wrote:
    The Phillies are a fucking joke, except maybe for Ryan Howard (can't wait to sign him when Delgado's contract expires). No way in hell the Phillies win the division. Too many cheesesteaks fucking up your brain. Go Mets!!
  • Options
    Allie02 wrote:
    Yes, but he was done in that game. Over 100 pitches. He took Pedro's word that he could still go...he should've taken him out. You could hear people in Boston yelling about that it was so obvious. I knew we were going to win when that happened... it was unbelieveable.. and then Jorgie got that bloop hit against him that knocked him out.. after Pedro had been throwing at him..
    U may be right! People have varying opinions i would rather lose with pedro than lose with some bum in the bullpen..thats just me though..if he pulls pedro and brings in some bum and that bum loses the game then grady still gets fired bc he pulled pedro...the bullpen would not have stopped the yanks that game!! and yeah the no hit game was on espn
  • Options
    lastexit wrote:
    The Phillies are a fucking joke, except maybe for Ryan Howard (can't wait to sign him when Delgado's contract expires). No way in hell the Phillies win the division. Too many cheesesteaks fucking up your brain. Go Mets!!
    nice comeback. where the hell is congars ny

• Options
    i just do bleachers every time...i got a 25 dollar ticket, which isnt much but why??? not even a warning. i have been to probably 40 yankee games in my life and am from jersey, but never a single sox game. that will be changing shortly though. i look for every opportunity like if you bought bleachers for the TB series they were only 6.50 a game...you cant beat that!!! i agree beer is outrageous, but we pregamed enough to last us through the 7th inning stretch. so your a PJ fan, allie? and a yankee fan? whats up haha? am i drunken online hitting on you? i am pathetic. haha.

Hee hee. No worries. You are not pathetic, I just hope that you don't remember it tomorrow :) At least you're not drunken dialing me :) THAT is embarrassing. Wait, you are talking about the Red Sox, or the White Sox? I assume Boston is closer but you never know. I would not mind going to a Red Sox game. I'd like to see Fenway for the historical aspect.

That ticket is ridiculous. You are brave to sit in the bleachers. I couldn't do it.

Ok lets get back to PJ....I have been a PJ fan since 1991, when I was in high school :) I checked out this board for a while but only had the guts to sign up recently. I have not been to a show yet..I was at Lollapalooza 92 at Jones Beach but a storm hit the theater before they took the stage.. then I was in college, never got to a show..then I got upset when they stopped making videos and I admit I stopped listening to them. I thought that was retarded..like you don't want to be famous, blah, blah, fine whatever, but EVERYBODY makes videos. What's the big deal?

I don't have No Code, Yield or Binaural, but now I have bootlegs and Lost Dogs and all that and the greatest hits. I even have the Rolling Stone cover saved from the '90's!!!

I got "back into them" when a friend of mine told me I should really get Riot Act. She got tickets in 2003 for..somewhere in Jersey..the waterfront, Camden? something? I don't know b/c she couldn't go to MSG, but we met up and she FORGOT the tickets. I do not speak to that person anymore! But I have yet to get to a show... had a ticket for 2004 in Boston..couldn't go to that either!!!

and I don't have $$ for NJ shows this time around. Hoping to have it and that they do an MSG show later this year or next year?!
    So..that's my story... signing off.. drink a large glass of water and take two aspirin and enjoy your weekend :)
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    yeah where the hell is congars ny? never heard and i have lived on LI, NY all my life! must be way upstate
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Thanks for the setlist,finally, and the baseball chat. Phils kept Baroid Bonds in the yard for a night.To the Yanks....THANKS and win 'em anyway you can. Now, BRING ON TORONTO and the first of 22 nights in paradise.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    Upstate, near Albany :)
    6-01-06
    6/25/08