Options

The video for Shattered!

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,835
edited December 2013 in The Porch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VLAGhOetAk

Eddie Vedder performing "Shattered" by The Rolling Stones with Jeanne Tripplehorn (as Julie Andrews) at a fundraiser for Heal EB. Donate to Heal EB here: http://bitly.com/Donate_HealEB
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Hilarious. Shedooby.
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!), 10/1/94 Bridge School, 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!), 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!), 10/25/03 B. School, 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!), 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!), 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!), 5/13/22 Oakland (W.M.A.! Immortality!)
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Interesting...so this is what arrived in my mailbox today eh?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Interesting...so this is what arrived in my mailbox today eh?

for some...not all. My mail delivery is not good
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    the video has given me a new found love for this song! Too funny!
  • Options
    That was adorable :D
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    This means the entire show was recorded correct? :)
  • Options
    Wow. That is incredibly embarrassing for her. Can't help but thinking eddies smirk is I can't believe I get to be inside this joke on this woman and her rich friends. 20 years ago I would have had to make fun of her from afar.

At least that's what I hope he's thinking.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    hehe probably, God knows
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    This means the entire show was recorded correct? :)

That's all I could think too... multi-cam! Charity DVD???????????

And hell, maybe that's why they put this on the single... drum up interest for the future HealEB release.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    She kept that kiss on Ed's cheek lingering for pretty long........I don't blame her! :oops: :lol:
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    She kept that kiss on Ed's cheek lingering for pretty long........I don't blame her! :oops: :lol:

:lol: Looked as though she made Ed blush :lol: .
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Wow. That is incredibly embarrassing for her. Can't help but thinking eddies smirk is I can't believe I get to be inside this joke on this woman and her rich friends. 20 years ago I would have had to make fun of her from afar.

I thought she was great.
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!), 10/1/94 Bridge School, 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!), 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!), 10/25/03 B. School, 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!), 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!), 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!), 5/13/22 Oakland (W.M.A.! Immortality!)
  • Options
    aurynsdad wrote:

I thought she was great.

No she wasn't. She wasn't even brave. It was nice she gave a shitload of money to do that and was willing to embarrass herself on video. So props for that kind gesture. But, other than the extra charity she performed by paying whatever was required to do a duet with Eddie at the benefit (which should not be overlooked or belittled), it was clearly an embarrassing performance. Why they would put this on a single for the club members is beyond me (not upset about it. It's not like I need to listen to it ever again, but still - there has to be 100 other things Ed has recorded over the last year - his kids laughing, him telling a joke, his wife reading a poem, a fart - that would have been far more entertaining and/or cuter than this).

We don't have to like everything the band or its members do. Though, I do applaud Eddie for being able to pull money from stupid people's pockets AND get them to be part of his joke.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    i dunno...made me SLIGHTLY appreciate a little more after seeing that
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 946
    Is there a reason for this? I mean, its not singing, a dodgy impression and is there any link im missing between shattered and julie andrews?
    if ive missed something, im sure i could appreciate it more, but now this just sounds embarassing. :oops:
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

I'm sure he's still smirking knowing that he's played that same joke on all of the 10c members who were hoping for something cool with the hoiday singles this year. But ultimately the joke is on him since this silly B-Side is considerably more listenable that the "serious" effort contained on the A-Side.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    edited December 2013
    Is there a reason for this? I mean, its not singing, a dodgy impression and is there any link im missing between shattered and julie andrews?
    if ive missed something, im sure i could appreciate it more, but now this just sounds embarassing. :oops:

Well, if this is like most of these things she paid a ton to the charity to get the opportunity to get up on stage, and Eddie is clearly being a good sport for the sake of charity (which the video makes even clearer at his courtesy of letting her kiss him on the cheek, and when she goes back to do it again, he's already moved on b/c he's felt he's done his duty in exchange for the donation). I take it like Olympic Platinum. It's a joke as pressed on a 10 Club single. Much as Olympic Platinum was. Her stupidity was signing the release along with her massive extra (b/c I'm sure she also paid a ton to be there in the first place) donation that said Eddie can use the performance however he sees fit.

So, Jeanne Tripplehorn will now go down in history as one of the funny bits Eddie has done (and in the name of charity no less!).

EDIT: And I should say the Julie Andrews part of it is her admission that she knows it's bad (how else would Eddie even know that before she did it? You think this was rehearsed?). So, again, plaudits to her for doing that for charity.
    Post edited by EdsonNascimento on
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    demetrios wrote:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VLAGhOetAk

Eddie Vedder performing "Shattered" by The Rolling Stones with Jeanne Tripplehorn (as Julie Andrews) at a fundraiser for Heal EB. Donate to Heal EB here: http://bitly.com/Donate_HealEB
    :thumbup:
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:

I'm sure he's still smirking knowing that he's played that same joke on all of the 10c members who were hoping for something cool with the hoiday singles this year. But ultimately the joke is on him since this silly B-Side is considerably more listenable that the "serious" effort contained on the A-Side.

Maybe, it's a double joke.... Pearl Jam, and especially Eddie are very self aware. And, they don't mind letting the fans in on it. I'm starting to warm up to the 2013 single the more I think/talk about it. Thank you.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    And I should say the Julie Andrews part of it is her admission that she knows it's bad (how else would Eddie even know that before she did it? You think this was rehearsed?).

apparently, a few yrs ago, she ended up at a PJ after party in EVs Hotel room & they drunkenly did it then. Flash forward a yr or two later, when EV found out that she would be attending this private party, he emailed her & asked if she would do it again. (He had to remind her...she had totally forgotten about it)
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    I don't know if many people have seen this or not... but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4EYsM-pV30

is a video of Jeanne Tripplehorn explaining how and why she sung this song with Eddie that night. Worth watching.

I think the song itself is really cute and fun and silly -- nothing serious, it reminded me of Eddie and Susan Sarandon's "Croon Spoon" duet, which I love.

I think the video of them performing is cute and Eddie's "shadoobies" are great :)
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834

I think that by now he came to know these people and realize that they are just human beings like himself and us. To me this is just a small performance where two people are having fun. Nothing embarassing about it. The Julia Andrews link btw (Sound of Music, Mary Poppins) is that Jeanne Tripplehorn uses a similar British pronounciation.

So lets not take it all too seriously.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346

is a video of Jeanne Tripplehorn explaining how and why she sung this song with Eddie that night. Worth watching.

I think the song itself is really cute and fun and silly -- nothing serious, it reminded me of Eddie and Susan Sarandon's "Croon Spoon" duet, which I love.

I think the video of them performing is cute and Eddie's "shadoobies" are great :)

:thumbup: Agreed :D

I call him the Pintsized Crooner from now on :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Its better than Ole.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829

This explanation helps.....thanks.
    Let's hope the charity got more money for it being used as the Xmas single.
    That would make me feel a little better about it anyway.
  • Options

:thumbup:

Thats what I meant to say...
  • Options
    I look forward to getting the vinyl around August.
    "Music is the last true voice of the human spirit. It can go beyond language, beyond age, and beyond color straight to the mind and heart of all people." - Ben Harper
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    now this is a Rolling Stones cover:
    Pearl Jam - Joints & Waiting on a Friend @ Pittsburgh '06
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gJQ-jX6DQM
  • Options
    MattCam420 wrote:
    I look forward to getting the vinyl around August.

I think that this is a safe estimate, no? ;)
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    And I should say the Julie Andrews part of it is her admission that she knows it's bad (how else would Eddie even know that before she did it? You think this was rehearsed?).

apparently, a few yrs ago, she ended up at a PJ after party in EVs Hotel room & they drunkenly did it then. Flash forward a yr or two later, when EV found out that she would be attending this private party, he emailed her & asked if she would do it again. (He had to remind her...she had totally forgotten about it)

Now that I know the story and having seen the video, this is all in good fun for a great charity! It reminds me of "Balls in your mouth" from Jimmy Fallon. Have a sense of humor people, its Christmas...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHvpPdD0KfU