my question - where to get energy & stop pain

2»

Comments

• amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    did you start drinking/using first or have pain first and then used it for pain?

just curious.

amy
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    brianlux,

i'll get the carrot, apple & beat juice. never heard of this combination.

so listen, folks, i have no prescriptions for any opiates although i wish i did. i have zero $$$ to buy from people on the side. this also means no extra $$$ for good ass grass.

amethgr8,

i started drinking first. i drank as a teenager (if that is what you are talking about.

the night i had drinks & pills was.... two percocets & two methadone, maybe some grass, 6-8 beers & one or two glasses of wine & in that order. this is very rare these days & just doesn't happen. my neighbor's wonderful family comes to town & i turn into the clown/life of the party. i enjoy being around women so that is how that went down. these women tied me down, chained me to the table & forced me to drink, drug & watch & communicate w/ them

lastnight suboxone made me dizzy sick; sweating & pale. yuck. was in bed early & i had a few different people check in on me every hour or so; my mom is wonderful as are my friends

today i see my psychiatrist. the suboxone either needs to be reduced in mg strength or flat out not used at all. i would rather just get by on 4 percs a day which is half of what i was taking. 8 percs & 8 methadone everyday was the way for a few years. i felt fantastic & was way more active. chronic pain is no way to live. chronic pain invites suicide, which i will not be a part of

time for a dip in the pool
    have a decent day, everybody

currently snowing
    temperature: 22f / -6c
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Well shit, chadwick.

I hope your psych is a good one - one who listens to / hears you, and actually helps over time.

Chronic pain DOES suck. Any kind of it.

I ride that roller-coaster too.

Have a wonderful swim, and hang tight.
  • amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    yes, that's what I meant. I didn't start any kind of use of anything till well past 17 yrs old. I had about a 2 yr run with alcohol and a few other things years later. Pretty much nicotine is what I'm trying to kick now. but I get around people and places and see things and I can feel the temptation, I don't know if it's ever "easy", once you been down that road.

I don't know much, except to try and read your body. Also, I know that back problems take A LONG TIME TO HEAL. by the time you've developed pain in your back, it's pretty late in the progression. For as long as you put up with a bit of pain here and there, and then none and then off and on, it will probably take that amount of time to heal it. the discs themselves won't regenerate, but you can strengthen the muscles around them and try to alieveate the pressure. I know a guy that bought a inversion table as a last resort before going in for back surgery and he used it and didn't have to go.

for what it's worth. your recovery will be in my thoughts.

amy
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    i have never heard of this until today. :think:

http://www.earthing.com/default.asp
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Hey man, hope that you made it through Christmas feeling better and are ready for NYE, which I imagine can be a bitch of a temptation.

So a few days after Christmas my family drove down from Vermont and we did a '2nd Christmas' -- my mother still hangs stocking for us like we are little kids, which of course is a fun tradition.
    Among the items I found in my stocking this year?

51rGuKd-QKL._SY300_.jpg

I had forgotten I put this on my Amazon wish list. Very cool!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Hey man, hope that you made it through Christmas feeling better and are ready for NYE, which I imagine can be a bitch of a temptation.

So a few days after Christmas my family drove down from Vermont and we did a '2nd Christmas' -- my mother still hangs stocking for us like we are little kids, which of course is a fun tradition.

51rGuKd-QKL._SY300_.jpg

What a great surprise for you, and the cover winter scene is incredible. I've had Chad's book for a few years now.
    enjoy...
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Hey man, hope that you made it through Christmas feeling better and are ready for NYE, which I imagine can be a bitch of a temptation.

51rGuKd-QKL._SY300_.jpg

unbelievable
    thank you

im ok. christmas was blah blah poop
    nye... like christmas, a pile of snot
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce