Being an outsider, the loneliness

2»

Comments

• I liked that, even better it has NIN A Warm Place which is one of my favourite instrumentals.
    Thank you.
    yeah that is good stuff. i go back and read that often. actually i watch that video because it impacts me a lot more hearing henry read it. i listen to it especially when i feel like i got stepped on or feel like i don't fit in or when i feel lonely.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    All good advice here. Take what works for you. Life is hard even for those people that it seems easy. "Fake" people may appear to have it altogether when they are spewing judgements and gloating but that's most likely their "escape".

You sister maybe could have been a bit more tactful, but I think she just wanted you to try new things. How do you know all the guys at the gym are fake if you never been there? The same judgement you feel society is doing to you, you are doing to yourself and now since you don't have a click you fit into, you feel abnormal.

My brother has lived away, alone, for over 10 years , now he's in Hawaii. No real strong circle of friends, he does call a lot and is in the family loop generally. But he likes it that way and he has a right to live his life the way he wants to.

You're a person, a human put on this earth for a reason and that is to live, or find why to live, this life force that has been bestowed upon you.

What worked for me is when I started to let go of expectations I set for myself as a youth. Married by 22, 2.5 children by 27 and living happily ever after. I didn't get married till I was 39 and I have no kids and don't want any at this point. Plenty of kids to take care of if I get the urge. I've got plenty of family that needs to see me on a regular basis, which I've only realized that value like the past 7 yrs. but like I depended on them, now they on me.

Sure there are still family and friends that take pot-shots when I see them, condescending even, that's just how they have to raise themselves, at my expense, but not really. I can see their emotional immaturity and I consider the source. I wasn't gonna have kids just because my 80yr old aunt thinks that's what a woman is supposed to do. Most of them got something to say about my PJ hobby, I don't care, I pay for my tickets and stuff and that's what I tell them, so what?

I have a piano I play (kind of) once a month, mainly the first verse of Jeremy . Some would be like what? Only once a month?! But you know what I like owning it and if that's good enough for me, then it's good enough. A horse I ride 5 times a years, I clean the stall more, but I own him and take care of him, visit and brush him and I love him. I will define my life, not someone else. A ukulele for two years and I can play 2.5 EV songs, but I love playing them and when I decide to go further or put it down forever then that's what I'll do.

I tried new things, some things I liked some not. I quick dating my "type" which was unknowingly bad for me. I started to look at dating as just having a night out with another human being and quick worrying it this date was "the one". Too much pressure for both.

I took a journey into myself and found my husband along the way. Maybe he was making that same journey, I don't know but we are both convinced we would have never crossed paths in a bar.

Life beats us up enough, don't do it to yourself. If you want to change take small steps and have faith it will work out.

For what it's worth .
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

• look at the top left hand corner of the tab as you open it it says "bs" because that is what it is.
  • belinda27 wrote:

look at the top left hand corner of the tab as you open it it says "bs" because that is what it is.

Hope so.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • -Emma--Emma- Posts: 2,864
    Thank you so much for taking the time to write such positive words my man.
    Music is the only thing that has kept me going.
    My psychologist pretty much told me I am lonely because I choose not to be a sheep.
    Too many people want to fit in and be cool by being fake and working on their vanity instead of their brain.
    The thing that hurt me most is when my sister told me when we had a argument a few years ago "no wonder you don't have a girlfriend or any mates", not sure what she was referring to, but it's just the shame I am made to feel. She is a sheep anyways, always used to tell me "why don't you buy some nice shirts like all young guys your age wear, why don't you go gym and get muscles like guys have, why don't you use a solarium". Pretty much my whole life I have been made to feel bad about myself by family and people at work/school/frenemies.

You don't have to be a sheep to get along with people. It sounds like your attitude will push people away, not encourage them to interact with you.

If a person likes a really shitty TV show, does that make them a sheep? No...it just means that they are interested in something different. If they go to the gym, does that mean that they are vain? No...perhaps they have a family history of certain illnesses and are being proactive about their health (I don't go to the gym...I am too lazy!). Try not to make assumptions about people based on their interests, when you don't really know them.
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Immerse yourself in what you love. You have dozens of people surrounding you here that are experienced with using music as therapy...listen to what moves you and do the same with your guitar playing. I'd be in a much worse place without my iPod and guitar, that's for sure.

If your loved don't approve of the way you live your life or just make little comments, you don't have to ditch them, but know that it's your life you're living. Besides that I bet they love you unconditionally, same with your true friends, regardless of the amount you have. I've had 3 good friends since about 3rd grade and I've never needed any more.

If you have an issue with the way someone close to you treats you tell them.

If you wanna hang with people, even if it's not a place you normally dig, let them know and go. I'm not a fan of bars, don't really drink and can he awkward socially, but I've had plenty of good times at bars.

If you want to ride your bike, fix it.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,782
    mickeyrat wrote:
    comin gto this realization is a good thing. You are on the road to acceptance of it. From there it is becoming okay with this fact of your life. At some point , if you allow yourself to, you will begin to redirect your focus on simple things in life that bring joy and a sense of connection and away from the misery of morbid reflection on what you dont have that others SEEM to have.

I would suggest seeking out all things spiritual. There I think you will find the connection that is so vital to human existence.

I felt that way my whole life. I was fortunate that I didnt face some of the things you do , BUT I used alcohol as a means of escape, comfort, courage you name it.

I have now been sober going on 8 years. First three years , really had only removed the booze. Still felt like shit. wasnt as kind to others as I could be, was HIGHLY JUDGEMENTAL of others and situations around me. Had gotten married and divorced in that first three years. Then I chose to try something different. Actually working and trying to apply the lessons I had learned in AA. In that , I found that I could feel the vital connection in nature. That my viewing an animal, pretty flower, etc, at that moment in time I WAS CONNECTED to this earth and everything in it. Peace was a result. Being present in the moment resulted in peace of mind body and soul. In time , real human connection was possible.

Look into support groups of the 12 step variety . see if there is something in your life that a particular program addresses.

quick search reveals this http://emotionsanonymous.org/

here is an online meeting to start http://eameeting.org/

Look into it. What do you have to lose but your current way of being? How well is it serving you?
    ahem.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    Get your ass to some Pearl Jam pre-parties during the Australian tour (I think you're Aussie, right??). You will meet great people there with at least one major thing in common with you. :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata