Options

European GA crowds

2»

Comments

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    duska3419 wrote:
    and also in the last two Wuhlheide shows, where I wasn't even in the pit.
    is the only veniue on the planet,i have always GA tickets and i go always to seated area..!! :lol:
    Looking at that photo of the venue I think I'll be heading for the seats. Hopefully I will find a space on the side.

Did you see that there aere only GA seats on sale for this venue? This is a truly first come first serve thing ... The venue is tiny. Every seat is AWESOME! I have been there twice, never in the pit, and I always had the most wonderful time. This venue, for once, is one of the few where it is not about "I wanna be as close as I can get!!!!" It is about enjoying a summer night in a wonderful surrounding, enjoying to be with friends or making new friends. It is just like a little bigger private party. In the summer. In a forest close to a major city. With thousands of like minded people. No seat in this whole area is bad, trust me :)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    duska3419 wrote:
    and also in the last two Wuhlheide shows, where I wasn't even in the pit.
    is the only veniue on the planet,i have always GA tickets and i go always to seated area..!! :lol:
    Looking at that photo of the venue I think I'll be heading for the seats. Hopefully I will find a space on the side.
    Yep,its so easy to find seats.,.cos with GA 10c only tickets,u get in early and u can choose where to be
    at GA or seated,u have all the option for u..the thing is to have 10c tix so get in earely..from there all its your choice where to sit or stand
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Yep,its so easy to find seats.,.cos with GA 10c only tickets,u get in early and u can choose where to be
    at GA or seated,u have all the option for u..the thing is to have 10c tix so get in earely..from there all its your choice where to sit or stand

It's awesome. Even if you get in later, you still have a good spot, cause there is no bad spot in that thing. NONE.
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    mrk2 wrote:
    It's not going to be like this :

BaPdXho.jpg?1

Omg that is so freakin sad.... But I wonder, that was just a moment where all four were close together so "a moment" to capture and then going back to rockin out? Please? Pathetic...
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    acutejam wrote:
    mrk2 wrote:
    It's not going to be like this :

BaPdXho.jpg?1

Omg that is so freakin sad.... But I wonder, that was just a moment where all four were close together so "a moment" to capture and then going back to rockin out? Please? Pathetic...

If you look at any of the photos from when EV goes to the edge of the pit or when Mike walks through the crowd playing guitar you will see at bare minimum a half a dozen cell phones or cameras in the shot 9 times out of 10. I appreciate the irony of this situation, but I've also adopted it as a reason not to bother taking photos or videos during concerts :lol:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    Honestly, that roughness of Italian crowds must be a PJ only thing. All shows I've been to there, the pit was more or less dead. And I basically walked through people until I was in 2nd row for a lot of shows...that'd never happen in Germany. :lol:

Worst experience I've ever had was Reading 2012...I was 2nd row center, and they did not close down the front pit (which is the normal deal at big festivals, as soon as it's filled up), so more and more people went in there...finally during Foos we had a crowd 100,000 people strong, way too many people in the pit, and spent the whole show with our heads down to escape the crowd surfers (people who wanted out couldn't even move back at all). only time I ever left a front spot at a show.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490

It's awesome. Even if you get in later, you still have a good spot, cause there is no bad spot in that thing. NONE.
    oh,yeah..im not trading that venue with anything else..LOVE IT
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    axellaire8axellaire8 Belgium Posts: 234
    Usa GA = Making love
    Europe GA (espesially Itay)= Hardcore sex

hope that helps

:lol::lol::lol:

Right!

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,855
    jumbojet wrote:
    Let me tell you a story.
    Nurburgring, Rock am Ring Festival, 2003 or 2004.
    I, with a friend, got a good spot close to the stage before Metallica starts. We check around, everyone seems cool, calm people, with girls around. We thought we would be OK at that spot.
    First notes are heard from Metallica and it is like armageddon. There are no words to describe the strive you have to do just to be able to not fall and be crushed under the boots.
    ANd let me tell you, I am not much of a softie, I am into cardio and dumbbells and that stuff.
    But it didn't help, we ended up 100 meters back to be able to breathe. :x
    I also entered GA first choice. Let's see how it unfolds, this time. :lol:8-)

Yeah it's not quite like that for PJ

I'd say uk and Berlin will be the most 'active '
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,572
    Anyone remember Barcelona 2006? That was pretty nuts. I remember barely being able to walk out of there. Totally drained. The guards had their hands full that night, thats for sure.

Great memory and easily my roughest experience with a pj crowd.
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    Amsterdam will be a crazy night.. again 8-)
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • Options
    KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    This venue, for once, is one of the few where it is not about "I wanna be as close as I can get!!!!" It is about enjoying a summer night in a wonderful surrounding, enjoying to be with friends or making new friends. It is just like a little bigger private party. In the summer. In a forest close to a major city. With thousands of like minded people. No seat in this whole area is bad, trust me :)
    Perfect description. I am so looking forward to that show. (And I will be way up in the stands.)
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,990
    RideRick wrote:
    Amsterdam will be a crazy night.. again 8-)

Looks top fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zto7ARg_neY
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    milanmilan Posts: 447
    Would be nice if 10c confirmed that there will be a front pit GA for Milan and Milton Keynes - which our early entry would guarantee. Otherwise all the good/reasonable spots will end up being a riot once the band appears.

Hyde Park in London 2010 gave 10c early access but I can confirm hundreds were pulled out of the front as everyone came barging to the front to mosh. I almost don't regard it as a show I attended because you couldn't watch the band for fear of going under. I started row 3 Mike's side - after wife wife and daughter bailed during Betterman I retreated to the back to meet up with them.

Back of the GA is safe but needs some sort of golden circle for 10c and others just to stop the worst of the crush.
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • Options
    nigelnigel Posts: 267
    pdalowsky wrote:
    jumbojet wrote:
    Let me tell you a story.
    Nurburgring, Rock am Ring Festival, 2003 or 2004.
    I, with a friend, got a good spot close to the stage before Metallica starts. We check around, everyone seems cool, calm people, with girls around. We thought we would be OK at that spot.
    First notes are heard from Metallica and it is like armageddon. There are no words to describe the strive you have to do just to be able to not fall and be crushed under the boots.
    ANd let me tell you, I am not much of a softie, I am into cardio and dumbbells and that stuff.
    But it didn't help, we ended up 100 meters back to be able to breathe. :x
    I also entered GA first choice. Let's see how it unfolds, this time. :lol:8-)

Yeah it's not quite like that for PJ

I'd say uk and Berlin will be the most 'active '

UK GA is great fun - you can be "active" if you like, but in my experience it's all done in a very fun and respectful way.

I also went to Oslo on the last tour and actually got told off for being too "active" down the front about 4 songs in, which at the time wasn't great. On reflection it was fair enough - it's a cultural thing as much as anything. Norwegians love their music but not in such a jumpy around way as the Brits or Italians!