Options

Pearl Jam Announces Summer 2014 European Tour

Comments

• Options
    RoelandRoeland Posts: 177
    smcleish wrote:
    quick question, would 10C have sold their complete ticket allocation in yesterday's draw? or could there possibly be some left over? perhaps this would be more likely for the large stadium shows like MK Bowl and Milan?

any ideas?

Thanks,

Except for Amsterdam and Milan (and reserved seats) I think, everybody seems to have won so I think they had more.
  • Options
    Finally the lottery works for me. Standing tickets for Leeds sorted. Now get that second night advertised guys.
    Finsbury Park, London 11-07-93
    RDS, Dublin 26-08-95 (Mirror Ball Tour)
    Bramham Park, Leeds 25-08-06
    MEN, Manchester 17-08-09
    MEN, Manchester 20-06-12
    MEN, Manchester 21-06-12
    First Direct Arena, Leeds 08-07-14
  • Options
    HaJoeHaJoe Bonn, germany Posts: 89
    Hi all,
    after all these justefied complaints in the last months (Vinyl, tickets, etc.) I want to say that in my eyes this lottery went really well. I don't know how the US lottery worked, but after reading most of the posts I think it worked well.
    Of course there are people who didn't get there tix, but this is the lottery-style. Two years ago it was a complete desaster, do you remember?
    All in all it seems to me that this is a good reason to renew my subscription next year.

Cheers
    HaJoe
  • Options
    HaJoe wrote:
    Hi all,
    after all these justefied complaints in the last months (Vinyl, tickets, etc.) I want to say that in my eyes this lottery went really well. I don't know how the US lottery worked, but after reading most of the posts I think it worked well.
    Of course there are people who didn't get there tix, but this is the lottery-style. Two years ago it was a complete desaster, do you remember?
    All in all it seems to me that this is a good reason to renew my subscription next year.

Cheers
    HaJoe
    Seconded.

(evidently it went too well for some people, who now have a massive credit card bill)

2000/05/29 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2006/04/20 The Astoria, London, UK
    2006/08/29 Gelredome, Arnhem, Netherlands
    2007/06/18 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2009/08/18 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2010/06/25 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2012/06/20 MEN Arena, Manchester, UK
    2012/07/30 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2013/02/10 O2 Academy Islington, UK (Brad)
    2013/09/19 O2 Academy Brixton, UK (Soundgarden)
    2014/07/08 first direct Arena, Leeds, UK
    2014/07/11 MK Bowl, Milton Keynes, UK
    2017/06/06 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2018/07/17 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2022/07/08 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2022/07/09 Hyde Park, London, UK
  • Options
    Went for Amsterdam and Milton Keynes and got both. Happy days! Roll on the summer.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    HaJoe wrote:
    Hi all,

Cheers
    HaJoe
    word
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    HaJoe wrote:
    Hi all,

Cheers
    HaJoe
    Yes, I'm very happy with the hassle-free way this has worked out. Obviously even more happy because I won, but couldn't have complained otherwise either. Seems to be a system that's fair for all, win or lose. I particularly like the fact that you have (a) a span of several days over which you can enter the lottery, giving you some time to make plans and arrangements, and (b) that you don't have to be in front of your computer at a specific time just to get a chance of scoring tix. Well done 10c!
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Options
    I won Milan and Stockholm!!!
    I'm flying high today .. <3
    EVLOVER76
  • Options
    Twiggy57 wrote:
    Baumgott wrote:
    Got a spare GA ticket for Amsterdam. So PM me if you are interested.
    I'm planning to be there quite early, and would prefer giving the ticket to you right after I got it from the 10C office.

Question:
    As I never won, burt this time I actually did :lol:
    Will there be long lines in front of the box office where we have to pick up the tickets and also in front of the
    doors for early entry?? :?
    I've never had problems with overly long queues at the box office stands, but then again I have always picked up my tickets quite late. But I would imagine (from what I've heard and read) that the lines will be long at the moment (or even before) they start giving out the tickets, and then also logically in front of the entrance, as those who pick up their tickets early obviously will want to get as far to the front as possible.
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

• Options
    Didn't get the tickets for Seattle show, but now going to Stockholm and Oslo. :thumbup:
    Katowice 2007, Berlin 2012, Stockholm & Oslo 2014
  • Options
    rgambs wrote:
    Question for the travel savvy Europeans. How long (in rough estimate) is train travel from Paris to Milan? I live near Pittsburgh and they happen to fly direct to paris... I am a direct flight kind of man. Additionally, does anyone think there is enough time between Trieste on the 22nd and Vienna on the 25th to "zip up" to the Dolomiti, for a day of climbing on a via ferrata? Or perhaps someone knows of one that is more in the line of travel towards Vienna. I know it's a tight squeeze but if anyone has an inclination that it's possible that's enough for me!!! :lol:

From Paris to Milan is about 15 hours by train. I suggest a flight ... if you book now you can find a low coast one(Ryan air or easyjet).
    I don't like that much mountains (I'm from Rome) so I can't help you with the second request.
    :)
    EVLOVER76
  • Options
    Twiggy57 wrote:
    Baumgott wrote:
    Got a spare GA ticket for Amsterdam. So PM me if you are interested.
    I'm planning to be there quite early, and would prefer giving the ticket to you right after I got it from the 10C office.

Question:
    As I never won, burt this time I actually did :lol:
    Will there be long lines in front of the box office where we have to pick up the tickets and also in front of the
    doors for early entry?? :?

No there won't be. If you're in time you can easily pick up your tickets and stand in the from of the line. My experience last time was that ifyou have a wrist band even when you get in late you can still enter the front section of the field as they let everybody with wirst bands in :-)))
  • Options
    EW288082EW288082 Les Billanges, France Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I was drawn for Oslo show, GA standing tickets! Can someone tell me if generally it is possible, when you enter early,to buy beers at the bar, and then come back where you were standing ? Do you have to wait several hours before the show, without having a fresh beer with friend ?
  • Options
    evlover76 wrote:
    rgambs wrote:
    Question for the travel savvy Europeans. How long (in rough estimate) is train travel from Paris to Milan? I live near Pittsburgh and they happen to fly direct to paris... I am a direct flight kind of man. Additionally, does anyone think there is enough time between Trieste on the 22nd and Vienna on the 25th to "zip up" to the Dolomiti, for a day of climbing on a via ferrata? Or perhaps someone knows of one that is more in the line of travel towards Vienna. I know it's a tight squeeze but if anyone has an inclination that it's possible that's enough for me!!! :lol:

From Paris to Milan is about 15 hours by train. I suggest a flight ... if you book now you can find a low coast one(Ryan air or easyjet).
    I don't like that much mountains (I'm from Rome) so I can't help you with the second request.
    :)
    Nah, Paris-Milan is only about 7 hours by train. I agree though that flying is probably the more comfy option, if you can get a viable ticket.
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    lottery worked super well, not seen many folk miss out on their first choice, in fact any of their choices yet
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    lottery worked super well, not seen many folk miss out on their first choice, in fact any of their choices yet

missed amsterdam but no complaints it was oversubscribed and thats why its a lottery

got my other 3 anyway
  • Options
    woohoo Milton Keynes here i come!! Travel Lodge room less that 2 miles away booked!!

has anyone had funds taken from their cards yet though? i haven't...
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    seems,1st choice reserved (amsterdam -leeds-milan-stockholm ,) some missed
    1st choice,GA noone missed
    berlin-oslo-stockholm vienna GA even 9th 10th choice won..

we must talkng about like 90% here scored what they want..

people score 9 of 9,or 10 of 10 shws..

the only mistake

if u put reserved only and 1 show
    then most of them missed especially milan-leeds-amsterdam-stockholm
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

the only mistake

mistake was not putting amsterdam GA first but I agree it worked pretty well
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

the only mistake

mistake was not putting amsterdam GA first but I agree it worked pretty well
    yes,we say the same..if u put first reserved instead of ga u have alot of chances to missed
    cos:10c email: A VERY SMALL number of reserved tickets are being held as a courtesy to our members who prefer not to stand
  • Options
    yes,we say the same..if u put first reserved instead of ga u have alot of chances to missed
    cos:10c email: A VERY SMALL number of reserved tickets are being held as a courtesy to our members who prefer not to stand

I didnt put reserve first went Leeds 1st so got my first choice so not complaining, but if i had went amsterdam 1st leeds 2nd I would have got both but yoiu never know thats the gamble
  • Options
    FroggieFroggie Cork Posts: 207
    Couldn't be happier.

Ten club must of secured a huge amount of tickets.

Thanks!!!
  • Options
    djwalddjwald Posts: 21
    Extremely happy with Amsterdam GA - it makes it my 20th show :D

Taking my wife for the very first time.... she is sick of me being on a high for a month after each tour/show and now it's time for her initiation.

The next day, I will be quitting my corporate job of 10 years and trading it in for a backpack for 12 months with wife and daughter - what a way to go out!

If anyone has a spare GA as well, it turns out that my sister is arriving the day before - i'd LOVE to surprise her! If anyone is willing and able, please do PM me.

Thanks and I can't wait until June. Just saw them in the US and they are on FIRE!!!
  • Options
    It's my first time with these tickets ...I've never been able to catch them before ...
    Can you maybe tell me how it works? I mean ... do we have an early entry like for the soundcheck? Or what?
    And will the seated tickets have a preferential location?
    I've got seated tickets in Milan and standing tickets in Stochkolm ..
    I'm so excited ...
    EVLOVER76
  • Options
    sr-71sr-71 Posts: 57
    Won GA for Amsterdam, Vienna and Leeds, was quite a hassle to make the payment(needed a second credit card) , but it 's done :mrgreen: :corn:
  • Options
    OffRampOffRamp Aberdeen, Scotland Posts: 76
    Leeds GA (1st choice) and Amsterdam GA (2nd choice) both won. Result!

Now, second shows announced for each, plus a sneaky wee Scottish show and I'll be double happy! :-)

1996 London Wembley Arena
    2000 Glasgow
    2003 Irvine 2, San Diego
    2006 London Astoria, Verona, Milan
    2009 London Shepherds Bush, Manchester, London O2
    2010 Belfast
    2012 Manchester 1, Oslo, Copenhagen

2014 Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2, Leeds

• Options
    Do u think milton keynes Will ne worth it?
  • Options
    Just looked at my bank and 10c took the money when the USD-EUR rate was at 1.374!! Oh thank you currently weak Dollar!
    RDS Dublin - Aug 26 1995 (Neil Young with Pearl Jam)
    Millstreet Arena - Oct 24, 1996
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010
    Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 20 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 26 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 16 2014
  • Options
    RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    Just looked at my bank and 10c took the money when the USD-EUR rate was at 1.374!! Oh thank you currently weak Dollar!
    :lol:
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • Options
    brio33800 wrote:
    Do u think milton keynes Will ne worth it?
    It's a Pearl Jam show, of course it will be worth it. :)
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022