Options

The Concerned About Ed's Drinking Thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    smithnic wrote:
    This thread is why forums are mostly stupid.

:lol::lol: the worst thing is you get baited into them...
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    HopperHopper Posts: 203
    he is a rock star...he has been doing this for 20 years...he is a big boy...

i think people should best be concerned with their own drinking...not others...

i can't believe the op would even post this...should have been eliminated as a thought as soon as it entered the brain
    "To be the man, you gotta beat the man! WOOOOOOOOO!!"
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    i'm concerned that all of these threads will be gone later and i won't get a chance to read them and laugh.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    The reasoning that the op puts forward is more troubling than Ed's drinking. Like many have pointed out, he's a grown man that we really know nothing about, outside of the 3 hours you see him on stage and the few literal autobiographical tunes.

I could understand if he pointed out that quite a few Ed performances have suffered through the years b/c of too much drink, but this seems too personal to not sound creepy.

The Gatorade in the wine bottles is pretty lame, I have to admit, but I'm a realist when it comes to celebs and rockstars and realize the there's not much that they do in the public eye that isn't calculated.
  • Options
    sonnysonny Posts: 132
    I don't know if you've noticed, but he's the front man for a rock band -- a really popular rock band. I think he already has our attention.
    Thank you!
    That also explains him drinking Gatorade out of a whine bottle. :fp:

exactly... any PJ "super fan" would be able to tell you that, yes, he does have ONE bottle of actual wine on stage with him that he will take pulls off of during the evening (as well as hand out to fans) and the OTHER 1-2 bottles are wine bottles have Gatorade in them... think about it... he is singing his ass off, running around, sweating all night long... he needs to hydrate during the evening... it's a no-brainer...

geez... i can't believe i am actually taking the time to respond to this thread... :?
  • Options
    unforgiven wrote:
    I wanna rock n roll all night and part of every day ......

It's PARTY every day, D. I don't think KISS wants to party for a perhaps a few minutes here and there.

Wow that went right over your head. lol

:lol::lol:

IBTL
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    AB47991 wrote:
    Doesn't everyone know that he's drinking to channel Mr Mojo Rison. Let the rock star be the rock star.

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    It's PARTY every day, D. I don't think KISS wants to party for a perhaps a few minutes here and there.[/quote]

Wow that went right over your head. lol[/quote]

IBTL[/quote]

Ha, yeah, I still don't get it. :oops:
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    One word: Singles Premiere Party...

That's three words... :D
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    sonny wrote:
    think about it... he is singing his ass off, running around, sweating all night long... he needs to hydrate during the evening... it's a no-brainer...
    Of course it is a no brainer that Ed needs to drink during his performances.
    But it is pretty emberassing and desperate to fill water or Gatorade into a whine bottle just to create the impression that he is drinking whine.
    Nobody can be that big of a fanboy to think this is normal behaviour.

Unfortunately, as soon as someone criticises or questions Eddie, there are some super-fans who justify every step he makes without asking themselfes if the person with another opinion might have a valid point.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840
    sonny wrote:
    think about it... he is singing his ass off, running around, sweating all night long... he needs to hydrate during the evening... it's a no-brainer...
    Of course it is a no brainer that Ed needs to drink during his performances.
    But it is pretty emberassing and desperate to fill water or Gatorade into a whine bottle just to create the impression that he is drinking whine.
    Nobody can be that big of a fanboy to think this is normal behaviour.

Unfortunately, as soon as someone criticises or questions Eddie, there are some super-fans who justify every step he makes without asking themselfes if the person with another opinion might have a valid point.

All music acts use stage performance, even rock acts. 'Sharing the mic', as trivial as it sounds is a rehearsed and scripted stage performance. Ed's drinking whatever out of a wine bottle is stage performance.
  • Options
    eddiec wrote:
    All music acts use stage performance, even rock acts. 'Sharing the mic', as trivial as it sounds is a rehearsed and scripted stage performance. Ed's drinking whatever out of a wine bottle is stage performance.
    Yes, it is stage performance.
    So it is a point that can be questioned, isn't it?!
    To me, Pearl Jam is special and unique because they minimize this kind of stage performance.
    They are spontanious.
    I want to see authentic guys on stage, not some actors.
  • Options
    And a big thank you to PP193448 for PMing me and explaining it!!! (I've only listened to Benny hall remastered without the dialogue :) )

:?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    I wanna rock n roll all night and part of every day ......

It's PARTY every day, D. I don't think KISS wants to party for a perhaps a few minutes here and there.
    no
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrzlzrN2uzc
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    And a big thank you to PP193448 for PMing me and explaining it!!! (I've only listened to Benny hall remastered without the dialogue :) )

:?
    :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Lol now I'm the subject of this thread. :P
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I've heard that excessive Gatorade consumption may eventually lead to kidney stones.
    Hope Ed and his doctor are keeping an eye on that.
    :)
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    Lol now I'm the subject of this thread. :P
    aways better than the original topic!! :P
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    It could be that each show is some fan's "celebration", the one or couple of shows the fan is going to see, and having a bottle out is a way of helping make it feel like a celebration for those who are there, even if for ed it is every show. And maybe there's gatorade in some, and wine in others.

They've seen friends destroyed by drugs, and with Mike in 'the program' for a very long time, I think Mike would address a problem if he thinks there is one to address. ...so I believe its not something to worry too much about. But that's me.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
This discussion has been closed.